Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cup Replay

Cup Replay 2 weeks 5 days ago #10462

• Maxibo
Simply "catches win matches" "missed chances lose matches"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cup Replay 2 weeks 5 days ago #10463

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 182
Two games in a row where we've been up against 10 men and failed to make that advantage count on both occasions.

No lack of commitment from the players and an excellent defensive performance from Kidsgrove last night, but I can't remember us really testing their keeper. This was despite being camped in their half of the pitch for most of the game and having the bulk of the possession. No criticism of Gassy who's playing as well as I've seen him for a long while, but we're really short of firepower upfront. Gassy, as we all know, needs to playing in a front two and then he will get back to doing what he does best.....putting the ball in the net

Plenty of sympathy with the manger with goalscorers at this level asking a fortune in wages, so why not look lower down the pyramid. The best forwards I've seen at Rammy in recent years have been Gassy, Jon Robinson and the current golden boy of non-league football, Jordan Hulme, who were all found playing at a lower level of football. Lets stop signing players based on their CV's and try and unearth someone who will give it their all for the club.

The end of our dreams of good FA Cup run and the chance to grab a share of the increased prize money on offer this season

Cup Replay 2 weeks 5 days ago #10464

• Paramedic
  • Thank you received: 23
For me, Questions need to be raised after last night's 'debacle' - It's quite clear that we have the nucleus of a good team, however, once Kidsgrove were down to 10 men, we stopped getting it wide, passes were being poorly made, possession surrendered too easily, players looking very tired, yet no substitutions were made from the bench... why was this? Kidsgrove used all permitted 4 during the match, Rammy used 1 and didn't name a full compliment of subs anyways... It's quite clear we need to find a natural finisher in the box as chance after chance after chance went begging... I can't fault the players commitment but the tactics we seem to employ leave a lot to desire. Kidsgrove, like Rammy will be 'also rans' in this league - further dwindling crowds will become the norm as winter sets in... This was the second successive game where we have not been able to break down a team down to 10 men, despite 70 mins on Saturday and 50 minutes tonight... Football is a results business and I for one was very angry and dismayed last night towards the manager on the final whistle - Whether I am made to look like a fool or i'm correct remains to be seen as the season progresses but it's food for thought and all in my opinion of course....
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside

Cup Replay 2 weeks 5 days ago #10465

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 182
Paramedic wrote:
no substitutions were made from the bench... why was this? ..

Injured player named on the bench, not for the first time, and someone who has come through the Reserves set up and it's becoming increasingly obvious that they are held in contempt by the management at the club. Like you, Paramedic, I was very angry coming off at the end

Cup Replay 2 weeks 4 days ago #10466

• Heisenberg
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Any truth that rammy promised colls they'd play them on Sunday if they won as loads of the team are in the lake district sat? then rammy rang them up day of the replay and said it'll be Saturday if we win there's been a change of plan? Colls lads seem pretty annoyed about it.

Cup Replay 2 weeks 1 day ago #10467

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
I've not heard anything about that Heisenberg, but they played Kidsgrove yesterday (Saturday) so it sounds like they weren't willing to switch day either.

Bit late to the party here, but I was equally encouraged and dismayed by Tuesday. We kept the ball on the floor and at times passed and kept the ball better than we have in a good while, it looked like a team playing, not individuals. We looked a constant threat BUT nothing to show for it! For the last couple of seasons we've had a strong midfield and often a strong defence (as we have at the moment) but few goals. As Maxibo says its about taking chances. Having watched the reserves excellent win against Morecambe the other week where no chance was wasted (unlike Morecambe who wasted many chances and would've won if they'd converted even a handful of them) it is even more frustrating to see a good group of players fail to collectively reach their potential. Back to the positive - we were exciting to watch on Tuesday so if we can learn to find the back of the net a couple of times a match we're in for an entertaining season. You Rams!

Cup Replay 2 weeks 1 day ago #10468

• Heisenberg
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Got the full story it wasn't players but committee members who where in the lakes. I've heard what happened with changing the dates as well but no point discussing it on here.
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds