Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ]

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 6 days ago #10488

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
No doubt there's a cloud of negativity hovering above The Riverside at the moment at least from a fans perspective, but a home win will dispel some of that. The Rams still unbeaten at home in the League and this Saturday gives us the perfect opportunity to maintain that record. Firstly we play at home, secondly we now know all about the Clitheroe team, and thirdly our players will be ' sore ' from Wednesday's penalty shoot-out and will want to turn the tables on our repeat visitors. Can we get back on track ? I think so.

COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 6 days ago #10489

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 49
What chance of it being on after today's deluge?

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 6 days ago #10490

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 182
Hackers wrote:
No doubt there's a cloud of negativity hovering above The Riverside at the moment at least from a fans perspective, but a home win will dispel some of that

The issues go way beyond results/performances and a win tomorrow is not going to change anything in the slightest

Fell Out

As for the weather, It's meant to stop raining later, but will depend on how much has already fallen

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 5 days ago #10492

• Rammy Blue
  • Thank you received: 4
I've got to agree with Mr Darkside about the cloud of negativity.
Even if we win 10 - 0 we will still have....
  • Rapidly falling attendances
  • A widening gap between the staff and the fans
  • Committee members expressing their lack of confidence in the management team
  • A relationship with the junior section that is slowly breaking down
I still believe we have a good set of players and the nucleaus of a team that are capable of much more, but the tactics and motivation coming from the manager means we are a long way from geting the best out of them.
Time to go Mark

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 5 days ago #10493

• Sheepy
How very sad some of this is, a few very vocal ‘supporters’ who want it their way or no way, any chance to slag off, moan, sulk. If I was the manager I wouldn’t speak to you either.

It’s in the public eye this forum and makes the club and its fans look tin pot - but that’s probably what the ones with the vendetta want - your keyboard bullies ladies and gents.

I’ve thrown a few grenades in this forum sporadically and admittedly if it gets to November and there’s a big slump again I’ll not be happy - but the team have made a solid start to the league campaign, a lot of you should go and follow a professional club as that’s what some of the behaviour is more appropriate for - see if you can get yourself on Arsenal TV

I’m sure the couple of vocal campaigners on their ‘crusade’ will shoot me down and collude and moan and bitch (remember your not allowed an opinion if it’s not that of the supporters club hierarchy) - maybe that’s why there are some anonymous posters on here, if your face doesn’t fit and all that....

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 5 days ago #10494

• Rammy Blue
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks for your reply Sheepy. It would be a sad and boring world if we weren't allowed our own opinions and a forum to express them. I might not agree with those of others but I hope I can always respect them and just agree to disagree.
And by the way the last thing I want is to be an anonymous keyboard warrior - this is Andy Worsick and I'm just repeating what I said to the manager after the Leek game.
Make yourself known and we can chat at the game later

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 5 days ago #10495

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 182
More than happy for you to have an opinion and have no issues with you expressing it. However, I'm not sure if you are aware of the full extent of some of the issues the supporters, a large majority of them at that, have with the manager.

This isn't a sudden whim or a personal vendetta from the supporters and the problems can be traced back a long way. For me, I have had doubts stretching even further back than the rather disgraceful way that Paul Fildes was hounded out of the club. With that in mind, please don't accuse the supporters of making the club look tinpot when the actions of our manager continually drag the clubs reputation down. And please don't try and claim that this is 'a few very vocal supporters', because it isn't. Just look at the attendances and the number of people who now refuse to even watch the team while Mark Fell is in charge

As for being a keyboard warrior, I've kept my feelings away from social media for a long time in the hope that things might change. It's obvious that things wont change and much of this is born out of frustration in seeing our club on such a downward spiral and nothing being done about it

As Andy says, make yourself known at the game and would be happy to discuss the issues further

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 5 days ago #10496

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
There's no doubt that Darkside has got the bit between his teeth concerning Mark Fell. Whilst I'm sure other Manager's must have said that football is a ' result ' based game, I distinctly remember Sam Allardyce saying this in his short term spell at Everton. In a nutshell Big Sam said that Managers live or die by their results. I've heard the term ' Mark Fell United ' and if his tenure is some form of ego-trip for him or some self-satisfying project then it is doomed to fail. I'm still sat on the fence about Mark as he must put in hours upon hours every week for The Rams. However, I also think crunch time is on the horizon. For me, The Rams must get at least 3 points from today's game or from the Trafford night fixture next week. That's not a massive ask. But then comes the mega-cruncher and that is an essential away win in the FA Trophy away at either Trafford or Colne who play next Saturday in an Extra Prelim round. Never mind the penalty shoot-outs, but to go out of 3 cup competitions at the first hurdle and therefore miss out on all the boosted FA prize money would simply mean " Mr Fell, your taxi has arrived ".
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 5 days ago #10497

• UkePunk
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Mate anyone that pays their £8 is entitled to their opinion.
Keyboard bullies?!
That is laughable and embarrassing.

RAMS -v- CLITHEROE [ LEAGUE MATCH ] 3 weeks 5 days ago #10498

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Back onto the football for a bit now (not cos I don't have an opinion on the above but because I don't have the time or the inclination to respond at the moment!).

That was an enjoyable game of football and a pleasing comeback after going 3-1 down. Really pleased for Brooksy to score the equaliser as hopefully that'll now be the first of many for him.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds