Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ]

AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ] 1 week 1 day ago #10549

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Needless to say a big game for The Rams not only for prestige but also this competition has the potential to be a big £earner for the Club, especially having fallen at the first hurdle in the FA Cup. Good to see that The Rams got something out of the Widnes game last night, and according to the Widnes Twitterfeed Jerome Wright' s goal came out of nowhere and was a daisy cutter. Hope someone caught it on video.
Onwards and Upwards.
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ] 6 days 10 hours ago #10551

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Looks like it's going to be a bit damp down Trafford way tomorrow. Normally a great playing surface and a big and wide pitch. More rain expected tomorrow and pitch could cut up a bit. Conditions could well suit our mid-fielders Jamie and Eddie who can make light work of skipping through squelchy and shitty surface conditions.. Might be a good idea to start them both. Other than that we need to make full use of this wide pitch and in that regard we certainly have players in Jerome Wright and Whizz who can rip down the wing. Lastly, we need to remind ourselves of the aerial threat posed by the very tall Trafford striker, who must surely have been breast fed for the first fifteen years.
COYR
#upandatem
Last Edit: 6 days 10 hours ago by Hackers.

AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ] 4 days 11 hours ago #10552

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
What a good performance and result yesterday - particularly after going 1 down after just 3 minutes.
The team showed Resilience, played with Width, had Penetration, and played with Real Effort throughout. An excellent performance all round!!
OK, too many crosses too close to the keeper; in effect wasting chances, but in the difficult windy conditions yesterday, I can forgive that. At least we were getting the crosses in!!
I know it's early days (and 1 swallow doesn't make a summer) but if that is the shape of things to come - Bring It On!!!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ] 4 days 10 hours ago #10553

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Must admit I was bamboozled when I first saw the team sheet with no Jerome Wright , and Gassy, Whizz, and Jamie on the bench. However, no mean feat to win away at Trafford so congrats must go to our new Manager and his backroom staff. Thought Thommo, Ryan and Sam were immense in defence and goal, with steady Eddie running his socks off. Pleased for our Chairman also and a well deserved £3000 cheque from the FA Prize fund will be on it's way to the Club. Looking forward to see who we get in the next round.
COYR

AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ] 4 days 10 hours ago #10554

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
FAO - STATTO

Statto , I think you should have an avatar by now. I've changed mine but only for 72 hours. You can have it if you want.
Fancy it ??

AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ] 4 days 6 hours ago #10555

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 182
Not a lot I can add to the dynamic duo's comments above

Looking more solid defensively and I've been especially impressed with Ryan Ellison over the last three games. He seems to have added something to his game and is playing with a maturity beyond his years. A lot of rumours going around that Thommo could be leaving soon and, if so, you can't tell as his commitment and dedication to the team is second to none. Would be sad to see him go and hope he might have a change of heart if the rumours are true. Really liking the look of Kyle Jacobs, while TK and Sam Ashton are just class acts

Going forward we seem to be playing with much more intent and when these players really start to gel, and get fully fit, we should be in for a treat. I'm expecting the next month or so to be a time of transition, but if yesterday is anything to go by we can start to look forward with much optimism :woohoo:

COYR

AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ] 4 days 2 hours ago #10556

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I just hope that the Rammy rumour mill is generating fake news with regards Thommo's departure to Lancaster City. A player The Rams can't afford to lose and a keystone of our defence. Hope the M6 travel puts him off, and the new management team urge him to stay. We're still in the FA Trophy and very optimistic about rising up the League.

AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ] 4 days 12 minutes ago #10557

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 182
According to the latest updates on the rumour mill, Lancaster isn't Thommo's destination.

To be honest, I've stopped listening a while ago as have heard all sorts of tales about different players being linked with different clubs. Just a case of waiting and seeing what happens at the moment, but faith is growing in the new management team to get it right and move us forward

AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ FA TROPHY ] 2 days 22 hours ago #10563

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Yay! That's the happiest I've been after a Rammy game for a long time! Whilst it was a little disconcerting at first that our midfield and forwards were all newbies, with the exception of Jack Higgs, they put on a good display which more than kept the interest whilst we were also trying to work out who's who! As John says, there were plenty of balls into the box which is very encouraging. My only disappointment was that Whiz and Jamie didn't get to play more of a part. They feel like true Rammy players and it'd be a shame to see them sidelined.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds