Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10611

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
Hackers wrote:
Where was last week's scorer - Joel Bembo-Leta ? Surely not gone after just one week !

He couldn't play as he'd already played for Glossop in the FA Trophy this season.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that match yesterday. It was a game of 4 quarters and we bossed 3 of them! The beginning of the second half they looked to have the upper hand but with some good defending we got ourselves back on top for a very satisfying victory with some excellent performances and no weak links. It's so nice to be enjoying and looking forward to watching the Rams again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10612

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
I agree that yesterday's team performance was excellent and a cause for optimism. Now for some good performances in the league to back-up the FA Trophy run and boost the confidence of the team, supporters and management.

Our next game against Skelmersdale is in my view, a must win game if we are to make progress. On paper, they don't appear to be the side that they were with just 1 win from their 12 league games this season whilst carrying a 19 goal deficit. However, we haven't beaten them in the last 5 seasons (when in the same league). Also at this stage last season we had 20 points "on the board"; this season just 17 (although we should have done better against both Kendal Town and Chasetown! (4 points dropped).

The game after that (against Prescot Cables) will be much tougher, but we will have the benefit of having played on the same pitch just 3 days before.

After that, it's back to The Trophy, so let's hope for a decent draw tomorrow!.

COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10613

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 202
Another excellent performance and we seem to be improving with every game.

Not a great Frickley team, but you can only beat what is put in front of you and we did that with ease yesterday. When Frickley did attack we looked assured at the back with Thommo and Ryan (my vote for Supporters Club October Player of the Month) in total control of their forward line. If there is any truth in the rumours that Thommo is leaving the club it certainly didn't show and he showed what a credit he is to the game of football yesterday. Supported by the classy as always, Tom Kennedy and Kyle Jacobs (my MOM despite some very strong competition) I was never really worried even when Frickley put on a bit of pressure early in the second half. It must help having a keeper like Sam Ashton behind them and yesterday he made the hardest job on the pitch look easy.

Jamie and Eddie put in tireless performances and bossed the midfield alongside new signing, Anthony Donaldson. Young Anthony grew into the game and the fact that the Frickley players were trying to kick lumps out of him in the last ten minutes shows what an impact he had on the game. Looks a real prospect

And finally, how much stronger do we look going forward ? Niall and Nic will certainly be a handful for any defence at this level and was great to see the ever improving Ruben Jerome getting on the score sheet with a much deserved goal.

An excellent day out in Yorkshire and, oh, how the mood has changed on the terraces. Lovin' it :cheer:
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by From the Darkside.

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10616

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
We've drawn the winner of Kidsgrove v Yaxley in the next round. :(
No big away day to Banbury for GAR................yet!!! :silly:

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10617

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
I think a few were hoping to be drawn away at Lancaster! :pinch:

I wonder when we'll know the outcome of the FA investigation into Kidsgrove (allegedly) fielding an ineligible player in the previous round. If Kidsgrove are found "guilty" will Yaxley get through automatically to play us or will they have to play Wisbech Town who lost to Kidsgrove in the previous round? Could hold things up for us if they do...

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10619

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Trust me to muddy the waters, but ' a previous round ' could also include Coleshill Town in the Extra Prelim Round.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10620

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
It was "the previous round" meaning the last one they played in so you can allow the waters to become slightly less murky!

I've also been told that if Kidsgrove are found "guilty" Yaxley will go straight through to play us.

So, do we want to go to Kidsgrove again, or travel 3+ hours to Yaxley?!

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10621

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Looks like Yaxley to me then, but don't want a sightseeing tour off the M6 to Knutsford Town Centre and District on the way down as nice as Knutsford is.
Howay the Rocket.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10622

• Carlsbergx10
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
....and the reward is yet another AWAY Tie, so going off the previous posts and Yaxley get through then that's some journey for the Travelling Rams...
IMG_3702.png
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Carlsbergx10.

FA TROPHY - FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING AT FRICKLEY 8 months 2 weeks ago #10623

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 202
Wrong Yaxley, my good man :P

There are two and the one you've highlighted is in Suffolk. Yaxley Football club is in Cambridgeshire and just past Peterborough. Approximately a 2 1/2 journey which should give us plenty of time for cocktails and golden tiffins
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds