Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED

AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 weeks 1 day ago #10614

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Hope we can start this game the way we left off at Frickley and play the same back four who were outstanding as a defensive unit. Thanks to LK about explaining why Joel Bembo-Leta wasn't in the squad being cup-tied, but think now that Joel should have to wait to play for his position, and it would be a travesty of justice to slot him straight back in to replace Thommo or indeed any other member of the back four. Having checked Joel out via the Internet it does list him as a centre-back, but also lists other positions being defensive midfield and also right-back. If all this gives our Manager a selection dilemma then he could consider giving Joel a roving type Paul Pogba role in defensive mid-field, or even trying out a back three with Thommo and Ryan, and moving Kyle forward to play as a midfielder.
Lastly, as long as I've watched The Rams we've never beaten Skem but think this coming Saturday should be the perfect opportunity to reverse that trend.

COYR
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 weeks 1 day ago #10615

• BroxBlue
  • Thank you received: 16
Hackers, I sincerely hope our Manager does not
"consider giving Joel a roving type Paul Pogba role in defensive mid-field" :pinch:
We can well do without a strutting egotistical peacock in midfield doing nowt very well & acting like a mood hoover dragging all those around him down. ;) especially given the industry being supplied by Moran & Rother.
The new regime has kicked off really well, 1-11 we're performing a level above what we'd seen previously, long may it continue.

AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED 1 week 4 days ago #10629

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Looks like we have signed another two players, being Martin Parker and Keiran Lugsden to bolster even further our squad at Skem.
COYR

AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED 1 week 3 days ago #10634

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 184
Really looking forward to this trip.

Skelmersdale have been struggling, on and off the pitch, this season, but hope we don't underestimate them. Let's get out there, carry on from where we left off at Frickley and bring the 3 points home :woohoo:

And if you're travelling over, don't forget, the game is being played at Prescot Cables

Yooouu Raaams

AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED 1 week 3 days ago #10635

• Mottty
  • Thank you received: 3
Considering the first half was pretty scrappy, we kept at it yet again and got two crucial goals in the second half to male it 4 wins on the bounce in all comepetitions.

Credit to the players and management team for turning our fortunes around, I think I speak for many when I say it’s a good time to be a Rammy fan right now.

Onto Tuesday now, which no doubt will be a tougher encounter and a benchmark of our progress under Chris Wilcock. I have every faith in this team to perform well though so COYR.

AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED 1 week 3 days ago #10636

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Will let the Match Report do the talking and The Rams up to 8th spot in the league, and not conceded a goal in the last 270 mins of play. A win at Prescot Cables on Tuesday evening would lift The Rams into 4th spot and in the play-off zone on goal difference, and would dislodge Colne from fourth spot. As regards Cables, they currently have the perfect home record, winning all their home games, but got beat away at Radcliffe FC today .
It would be a remarkable achievement for the Manager and players to be in the play-off top 5 in such a very short space of time since the managerial turnaround.
At Skem today - MoM - Thommo - Thommo - Thommo
- closely followed by the class act himself being Mr Kennedy and the pacy Mr Evangelista.
Like Mottty says " it's a good time to be a Rammy fan right now ".

Lastly, can someone please keep me updated on the Yaxley or Wisbech twitterfeed come Tuesday night at Prescot as my old Nokia mobile phone has no Internet connection. Cheers in advance
LATE EXTRA - is Mr Ellison on 5 yellows now ?? Does Ryan miss a match ?? If so, then which match ?? Maybe Prescot game or worse still FA Trophy ??

COYR
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Hackers.

AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED 1 week 2 days ago #10642

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
That’s 5 for Ryan.
I’ll update the game he will miss when the FA confirm tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED 1 week 2 days ago #10643

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Mottty wrote:
Credit to the players and management team for turning our fortunes around, I think I speak for many when I say it’s a good time to be a Rammy fan right now.

Agreed! It's becoming a bit of a habit coming away from Rammy games with big smiles on our faces!!

And as I know how we all love our stats - this is the best winning run we've had since Nov/Dec 2014 when we recorded 6 wins in a row (shortly before Bernard and Jonno headed to Salford).

AWAY AT SKELMERSDALE UNITED 1 week 17 hours ago #10648

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
I can now confirm that, as expected, Ryan Ellison will miss the LEAGUE game away to Colwyn bay.
All competitions this season are treated separately.
Anyone receiving two cautions in an FA Trophy game will automatically be suspended for the next FA Trophy game should we progress, but will have no bearing on League matches.
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds