Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 3 weeks ago #10808

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Putting this new topic up early as we want maximum coverage for this BIG GAME and hope to get 3000+ viewings at the end of the day.
Weymouth ply their trade in the Evo-Stik Premier Division South and are currently in 2nd spot with games in hand. Their average home gate to date is an impressive 918 which is by far the highest home attendance figure in their Division.
Seems they had a ' walkover ' in the last round as the tie was never played, which is strange to say the least, but would stress here that it was no fault of Weymouth. Statto knows all the in's and out's about the tie not being played. As some sort of rough comparison the 2nd team in our Prem Div currently are Scarborough Athletic so it follows we have a big job on. However, we have already dispatched a Prem Div side in Workington. My view is that this is a winnable home tie for The Rams provided all players play their ' A ' game.

As an aside, I hope the Weymouth team don't abuse The Rams hospitality and travel up on the Friday and book the upper floors of the Beetham Tower on Deansgate which houses the Manchester Hilton Hotel complete with Penthouse Suite. Nothing wrong with the Red Hall or Old Mill hotels !!!!!!!! :ohmy:

COYR
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 3 weeks ago #10812

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Just to keep this new topic fully updated as all information is helpful in one way or another, yesterday's result for Weymouth at home was as follows : -

Att. 674 WEYMOUTH 2 HARROW BOROUGH 2 SAT 22/12/18

It seems Weymouth have a geezer named Brandon Goodship that scores most of their goals.

Altogether now ………….. ' On the good ship ………………………………..

Also a bit of a rumour going around at Market Drayton yesterday, that Weymouth have informed The Rams that their travelling expenses will be £3000 :ohmy: but can you seriously expect them to travel at least 5 and a half hours and then play a tough football match against us ??? Not really !

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 3 weeks ago #10813

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Saturday the 12th January will soon be upon us as we welcome the Weymouth team and their supporters to The Riverside. I just hope the Manchester weather lives up to it's reputation for being rainy, shitty, cold and damp, dull and dank and overcast. I'm not saying that Southerners are softies or just a pile of Nancy boys, but a shitty Manchester day, I feel would benefit The Rams as our ' northern grit ' could be the difference between winning and losing. Important that we dispatch Weymouth within the allocated 90 mins plus injury time, as I can't see them agreeing to playing the game to a conclusion, and do you fancy travelling down to Weymouth for a Tuesday night replay ?? It's a bit further on than Yaxley !! Also, I understand their Kitman [ sorry Kitperson ] has now been despatched to buy 17 pairs of furry gloves :cheer:

COYR

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 3 weeks ago #10815

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I know that Rammy will give a warm welcome to the players, officials and fans from Weymouth following their mega journey ' Up North '. I'm pretty sure they will travel up with a fair degree of confidence considering their 2nd position in their Premier Division with games in hand, and will probably bring more fans than we would think. As stated already, their average home gate at the time of writing was 918. An impressive following and highest home attendance figure in the South Prem Div. Once the start whistle blows we should expect the gushing bonhomie to our visiting non-league fraternity to stop, and our yet to be appointed ' Drum Major ' to start knocking seven colours of shit out of it, along with his/her posse of Rammy Youth supporters, who could be granted free entrance for their chants and vocal efforts. I'm sure that Cup Fever will start to build for both teams in early January, and just how good is it for The Rams to be the last team standing out of all 62 teams in the Evo-Stik Northern Prem. Let's make some noise on the day and be a 12th man, and roar them over the line. Don't fancy a trip to Weymouth on a Tuesday night.

COYR

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 2 weeks ago #10829

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Old sad bastard pensioner here again having nothing better to do but to plough through the latest news from Weymouth FC.
Here's some bits and bats 4u. They won their Boxing Day Derby away at Dorchester Town 0 - 1 with an 89min goal from the ......... '. Goodship ' lolly............, but how about this - wait for it -- in front of a crowd of 2217 - Cor Blimey Riley !!

Also, their Supporters coach on the 12th Jan has it's first stop at Dorchester Tesco at 06.15am and the full cost of the return journey to Rammy and back is £25 per person. Not bad eh ?

If anyone thinks these updates 4rm me are just shite, trivia, old tripe, irrelevant, mindbendingly dull, uninformative, just bollocks, etc., then I will desist from further postings of this nature. If, however, I hear now't further, then I shall ' cart on '.
By the way, their nickname is ' The Terras ' .
Hackers

COYR
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 2 weeks ago #10830

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
You carry on, Hackers :kiss:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 2 weeks ago #10832

• UkePunk
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
According to the Weymouth fans forum we should be 'easy' and also 'quite winnable'
We'll see...
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by UkePunk.

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 2 weeks ago #10835

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Good to see someone else cruising the Weymouth Twitterfeeds. There seems 2b a number of different sites. The best one, and the one more akin to our own Fans Forum is their ' Terras Talk ' Twitterfeed. Good luck with it. I'm sure they'll come up here all ' southern ' and ' cocky ' but soon to meet the ' Cocker ' man himself who I think will be ' COCK OF THE NORTH ' come 16.45hrs on the 12th January.

COYR

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 2 weeks ago #10838

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Been a regular on TerrasTalk myself over the past couple of weeks and, to be fair, it's a very small number thinking this will be an easy ride for Weymouth. In fact they seem like quite a decent bunch and I've particularly enjoyed reading some of the older Weymouth supporters memories of a trip to Preston back in the 1960's

terras.proboards.com/board/4/terras-topics

Anyway, lets hope they travel up from the hotbed of football that is Dorset ( ;) ) and underestimate us. Flying high in the Southern Premier League, or not, they will have to be bang on form to beat us at the moment

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 5 months 2 weeks ago #10839

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
A quick Xmas quiz for you all with one of Mrs Darkside's leftover mince pies to the winner

Who faked their own suicide by running into the sea at West Bay, near Weymouth, leaving their clothing on the beach ?
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by From the Darkside.
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds