Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10875

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Mmmmmmmm. Back to reality now, and back to the future.
We really must stop ' shooting ourselves in the foot ' during our big games against top opposition. Down to 9 men against Runcorn Linnets and now 10 men against Leek yesterday. We must remember that ' retaliation ' has ' consequences ' !!
Pity we have so many cup-tied players ineligible for this trophy clash, with also the possibility of losing Ruben also owing to yesterday's sending off. I'm also questioning myself whether Kyle is cup-tied or not ?
However, must look at the positives of which there are plenty. We really can't expect our one and only forward Nic the Greek to score all our goals, so where do the rest of the goals come 4rm ? Every chance a Thommo or Ryan header 4rm corners/set pieces. A rasping shot 4rm Kyle if eligible to play. Messrs Rother and Steady Eddie have a whole history of goals 4rm long range strikes. Both have powerful shots and Manager needs to tell them to go for speculative efforts and try their luck. Maybe another sublime Tom Kennedy free-kick. How about an own-goal ?

More possibilities than you would initially think.

We only need to win 1 - 0, and have a great keeper and in my view the best defence in our League, and a great mid-field to boot with the talented and hard-grafting Jamie, Eddie, and Tony. ..Despite having a depleted squad, I think a home win is still well on the cards.

COYR
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10876

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
STRATEGIES FOR WINNING THE GAME

* Endeavour greatly to keep all 11 Rammy players on the park for the full duration of the game.

* If our forward line is depleted on the day, then play to your strengths. Fab goalie, best defence in the League, and 3 talented trojans in mid-field, who all together could do a ' Juventus ' ! In the late 60's and early 70's
Juventus were notorious for winning their European Cup games 1 - 0. Immediately they got their goal '
on the break ' , they ' shut up shop ' and ' parked the bus '. Not pretty to watch but very effective. Won loads of
games that way.

* Go gung - ho from the kick-off and get slaughtered [ not recommended ]

* Softly, Softly, Catchee Monkee i.e. the ' dripping tap ' game and death by a thousand cuts. Make sure by
half-time that each and everyone of their players know we're the better side and they are up against it.
A combination of stealth, guile, energy, boldness, precision, graft, patience, courage, vision, ingenuity, strength, clinical inter-passing, in a display that
produces a gradual and total ' wearing down ' process, so much so that at the end of the day, they all say ' Fuck coming back to Rammy again !
Suppose it's a form of ' terrorising ' the ' Terras ' really !

Pity us Senior Citizens didn't have Computers at school ! Maybe I'll never be able to ' format ' text as long as I've got the proverbial hole in my arse. Sorry about the formatting - just shite.

Hackers

COYR

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10877

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
LONG RANGE WEATHER FORECAST

Was speaking with Frank the Jacket yesterday at the Leek Town game, and he postulated that the long range weather forecast for our Weymouth game on Saturday was for rain. A rainy, shitty, and overcast day might suit us more than them - blue Southern skies and all that shit. However, I've got about as much faith in a long term weather forecast as I have in
' Little Mix ' getting back to the top of the charts. They should be called the ' Little Slappers '. Bet they're all called Yvonne or Tracy. Sorry to all Yvonne's and Tracy's out there. Not your fault you've got a shite name.

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10883

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Just keepin up with my Bits and Bats about Weymouth.
Well they won at home [ 5/01/19 ] and beat Tiverton Town 2 - 1 in front of Att : 769. They also managed to close the gap on League leaders Taunton Town and if Weymouth were to win their two games in hand, they would top the League. So a team clearly not 2b underestimated. Looks like as Baldrick says in Black Adder ' we need a cunning plan. ' I'm sure our Manager can hatch one or has one up his sleeve already having seen Weymouth play away recently.

COYR

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10884

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 232
Some light rain tomorrow, Hackers, and then fine for rest of week. Some light rain due on Saturday, but can't see it having much impact on the game being called off (If the long range forecast can be trusted that is)

And if I can refer to your previous post where you say Weymouth have asked for £3,000, it's actually around half that amount. Either way, the only way any of us can expect much of a profit is by winning the game and claiming the prize money that's on offer. Also heard Weymouth are expecting to bring around 70 supporters, which is an excellent effort I'm sure you'll agree, but wont bring in the gate receipts we had against Stockport County a few seasons ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10885

• bluemoon
Just a quick test to see if the forum has been fixed to allow new members to post

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10886

• jonnyboyWFC
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Northerners!!

We’re all looking forward to our loooooong journey on Fri/Sat and meeting some new people and visiting a new ground. Tissues are already packed in the event of any nose bleeds due to being at altitude for a day!

Here’s to a good game and a few drinks between fans....

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10887

• jonnyboyWFC
Ahoy there Northerners....
Looking forward to our long trip up to you on Saturday. Here’s to a good game and a friendly few drinks with the locals

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10888

• jonnyboyWFC
Terrasfan here in peace! Looking forward to coming up and seeing a new ground and new fans!

THE RAMS -v- WEYMOUTH FA TROPHY 2ND ROUND 1 year 2 weeks ago #10891

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Welcome Jonny Boy! You'll find it to be a friendly town and a friendly club. What time are you expecting to arrive in Rammy?

P.S. Obviously we hope you'll need the tissues for the tears when we beat you! ;)
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds