Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: So we want bigger crowds!..Embarrassing

So we want bigger crowds!..Embarrassing 2 months 3 weeks ago #10821

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Myself and Hilary "as paying" supporters queued beyond the kick off time surrounded by disgruntled fans from both teams who asked why the other turnstiles were not in use! When we did get in we could see that the queue was still back to the slip road..
Once inside the ground we told the "supposed Match Day Commander" Andy Edmondson about the situation developing outside.
Andy Edmondson told myself and Hilary the following
"IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU DONT HAVE TO COME"!
A great advert from a representative of our club I am sure you will all agree
The administrator has disabled public write access.

So we want bigger crowds!..Embarrassing 2 months 3 weeks ago #10824

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
I'm sure many Rammy fans will be disturbed to read Big Jim's posting. Today was a great win against the then League Leaders and you wouldn't have to be Einstein to have worked out in advance that there would be a big attendance for the following reasons :-
* The Rams were entertaining the League Leaders
* The match was held on a PUBLIC Bank Holiday
* It was our nearest Derby Match and our visitor's recent home gates are in the 300+ range at least.
* At least English folk regard Boxing Day as a most traditional ' footballing ' day, and a family day out.
* The town has only just been leafleted advertising this match and two other home games.
* Also I'm told that Bury FC played away from home.

At the end, I was told the gate was 512.
To have only one turnstile operating, when we have at least three is a gross underestimate in advance of what could easily have been predicted as a ' bumper ' crowd. I understand that there were queues all along the car park leading back to the access road, and some family's with children just gave up and walked away. Even some of the die-hard Rammy fans didn't get into the ground till 3.15pm.
Well they do say that ' PISS POOR PREPARATION leads to PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

Hackers
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimmacdonald

So we want bigger crowds!..Embarrassing 2 months 3 weeks ago #10825

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Sadly, I wasn't at today's game but the crowd of 511 was the largest we have seen at the ground for a Boxing Day game in our history.and the largest home attendance since 28 March 2016 when we played Salford City on a Bank Holiday Easter Monday (763) - we lost 0-4 to our former players!

In previous years, our home attendances against Radcliffe (Borough) have been 319, 310, 344 and 294 - all bar one being on a Bank Holiday date.

I don't think it can be described as 'poor preparation' as I am sure that the club would have expected fairly similar numbers to previous years for this local derby against Radcliffe.

However, I am concerned about Andy's comments - that is not what I want to hear from a member of our committee and the club sometimes needs to think on it's feet by opening up one of the other turnstiles to prevent this sort of thing happening. We want people to come in - the massive leaflet drop shows that - but if they are still queuing at 3.15pm when two perfectly good turnstiles are locked, then that is not a good look.

So we want bigger crowds!..Embarrassing 2 months 3 weeks ago #10826

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 12
On the way out, I was speaking to someone I know and he alluded to the problem of late entry to a game that turned out to be our largest attendance for some considerable time. Then to see a posting, if true, of being told in effect "you don't have to come" is an indictment on the club's on the way the club is run.

At a time we want to encourage folks to come and support the Rams, this is out of order and needs addressing ASAP.

We saw a fantastic advert for local Non-League football and Radcliffe FC played their part. Anyone who was there saw for themselves what lower grade football can serve up. I sincerely hope that some of the "newbies" have not been put off coming down again, especially with 3 more big games on the way in the next few weeks.
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds