Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS -v- ATHERTON COLL'S - NEW YEAR'S DAY

THE RAMS -v- ATHERTON COLL'S - NEW YEAR'S DAY 2 months 3 weeks ago #10828

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Yet another cracking home fixture with Coll's currently in 3rd spot in the table, and The Rams now up to 5th place. We have already beaten Coll's away this season and here's hoping we can do ' the double ' over them. No reason why not.
Worthwhile noting they have two goalscorers in the Top 10 in Hardcastle and Cover, but so did Radcliffe as well with Owolabi and Wharton. Gonna be without Ryan for just this one match as PA has advised, but fortunately a league game, so no one cup-tied so to speak, so Messrs. Rainford, Bembo-Leta, Jacobs and Lugsden all available to play. Having now beaten Radcliffe, can The Rams go on to win their next three home games being Coll's, Leek, and Weymouh and make it a truly magnificent quadruple. I wouldn't bet against it !
COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -v- ATHERTON COLL'S - NEW YEAR'S DAY 2 months 3 weeks ago #10852

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Am really looking forward to this game. I would expect the Coll's fans to pour over in big numbers, so let's not underestimate the gate on this yet again Public Bank Holiday, and run at least two of the turnstiles for this fixture. It's a pity that Statto was away with family for the Radcliffe derby, as he has manned a turnstile b4. However, even this job requires training from the Chaiman, so not just anyone can do it, and to open a second turnstile in a last minute rush without the necessary pile of change would also add to crowd congestion and not help matters.

Hackers

COYR

THE RAMS -v- ATHERTON COLL'S - NEW YEAR'S DAY 2 months 2 weeks ago #10862

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
New Years Day tmoz. Having now despatched the then league leaders Radcliffe FC at our Boxing Day fixture, just hope The Rams can carry on their current form to this Coll's fixture. At some point The Rams are going to give some team a serious drubbing and it could be Atherton tomorrow. Hope Richard Brodie isn't offended by this remark, but he strikes me as somewhat of a ' baby faced assassin '. If Richard, Ruben, Jamie Rainford, and Nic can gel together and be a cohesive force, I can't see Atherton getting anything out of this game, other than a good hiding ! Also, Cover, one of Coll's top scorers, not on the team sheet for their last game at Trafford.
COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -v- ATHERTON COLL'S - NEW YEAR'S DAY 2 months 3 weeks ago #10863

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmmmmm, well hush my mouth. First-half pretty ' Even-Stephen ' but fair play to Coll's who came out second-half with the bit between their teeth, and gave an impressive display to record their 3 goals. Always seemed to be sound in defence for more or less the whole game. Also fair play to The Rams for never giving up all the way to the final whistle. No doubt the best team won on the day, but 4me The Rams never had the rub of the green, with no spilled balls going our way - not a sniff, not even an ounce of luck. Not much more to say really other than our gate of 410 was the highest in our West Division, and noticed Colne went down 0 - 1 at home to Glossop North End.

Roll on Leek Town this coming Saturday, but also noticed they had a convincing home win today beating Newcastle Town 4 - 1, so will be yet another tough fixture for The Rams.

COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -v- ATHERTON COLL'S - NEW YEAR'S DAY 2 months 2 weeks ago #10865

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 12
We have to accept that games like this come about from time to time. After a first half when we shaded the action and in fairness, should have been ahead, we hit the buffers. No lack of effort, but one of those days when chances you normally put away, miss the target and we paid dearly for it eventually.

In fairness to Coll's, they were clinical with their finishing and that was the difference in the end. When the first goal went in, I sensed an uphill struggle. The Coll's defence looked capable of being able to defend the lead. Ironically, our best spell came after that goal, which came to an abrupt end when conceding the second.

Its not the end of the world, there are plenty of games left to claw back the two recent losses and I'm sure those above will suffer a rocky spell at some stage and that is when we have to be ready to capitalise and take the challenge up. The visit of Leek T will be another tester and what better time to start another run of positive results.

THE RAMS -v- ATHERTON COLL'S - NEW YEAR'S DAY 2 months 2 weeks ago #10866

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Indeed. Guess our unbeaten run had to come to an end at some point and don't think anyone is too downbeat about it.

Agree, that we probably had the best of the opening 45 minutes, but full credit to Colls for their second half display, especially in defence, and they were worthy winners yesterday.

For the second time over the festive period we had the highest crowd in the division and almost 1,000 came through the gates for these two games. An excellent response from the good folk of Ramsbottom

So plenty of optimism as we head into the new year and the supporters are certainly more upbeat than at the start of 2018 where, under the incompetent guidance of that football fraudster in charge, we had nothing to look forward to at all. Credit to Chris and his staff for this transformation at The Riverside and bring on 2019
Time to create page: 0.612 seconds