Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS -v- LEEK TOWN

THE RAMS -v- LEEK TOWN 2 months 3 weeks ago #10836

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
This home fixture coming up very soon. Let's not forget that Leek turned us over 4 - 0 at their place earlier in the season, so would be excellent to get our revenge. Leek currently in 7th spot at the time of writing and have 2 games in hand on us, and even 4 games in hand on now league leaders Runcorn Linnets, so a team not to be underestimated. Gonna b yet another cracking game.

COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -v- LEEK TOWN 2 months 3 weeks ago #10864

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Following today's league results [ New Year's Day ], I see that Leek's home win against Newcastle Town has helped them leapfrog The Rams and puts them now into 5th position, with The Rams dropping to 7th, albeit with identical record to Mossley who move up to 6th spot simply because the letter ' M ' comes b4 ' R ' in the alphabet ! As ever at the moment am looking forward to this game, but for this fixture we must learn 4rm our defeat at the hands of Coll's and start on the front foot and be revved up for the game. Would make sense 2me to play Ruben for a large part of the game, as need him match fit for Weymouth FA Trophy tie, due to many players being cup-tied.

COYR

THE RAMS -v- LEEK TOWN 2 months 2 weeks ago #10867

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
This fixture the third tough home game in a row for The Rams, and one we need to win to keep up with the promotion chasing pack. Surprisingly, Leek Town have 4 games in hand over league leaders Runcorn Linnets and are therefore in a good position to ' make a charge ' to the top.
All League Teams will play max. 38 league games, so at the time of posting, we are just over half-way through our fixtures, and as they say, ' the cream rises to the top '. Hard to believe that both Radcliffe, and the impressive Atherton Coll's won't make the Top 5. So that leaves 3 berths available. U wouldn't back against Runcorn Linnets who could ' wobble ', but will give them the benefit of the doubt, so only 2 berths available now. The Rams will be well in the mix for the remaining two spots, but so will Leek, Cables, Colne, and maybe Mossley but think the latter will die away.

I'm not listing the teams in any given order, but just tryin to predict the teams that will make the Top 5.

The other issue in the mix is that although The Champions will be promoted, the Play-Off winners may not be, owing to the way that the Evo-Stik Leagues were re-structured for this 18/19 Season. Some Play-Off winners will lose out on promotion and I think that goal-ratio to compare the winners will be key in determining who goes up, i.e. average goals scored per game.

Just musing, that's all.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -v- LEEK TOWN 2 months 2 weeks ago #10872

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well done to the ' 10 Men ' for battling through to the final whistle with their never say die attitude. Well pleased for Jamie Rother with his emphatic strike which was always going to go in. Might need a repeat goal like that against Weymouth, and Jamie well capable of doing that. With Ruben having been sent off, will his ban be in force for the Weymouth game ? We have enough players cup-tied as it is !
COYR
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds