Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 3 months 3 days ago #11006

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Won away there last season in style and hoping for a repeat result this coming Saturday.
No doubt an opportunity for the Manager and his staff to meet up with former acquaintances, and a brief trip down memory lane. One thing our Manager will have is a selection headache after a truly amazing night in Weymouth, considering he has now 4 cup-tied players now freed up for league action. Maybe a nice problem to have !
Must just say am still bubbling 4rm last night, and could have easily been 1 - 4 or even 1 - 5 with a shot coming back 4rm the inside of their post, and a missed penalty in the dying minutes. Amazing when u consider we went down there with a depleted squad, with 4 out [ cup-tied ], one player on a three match ban, and our star right-winger Niialle out with a fractured ankle.
COYR
Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 3 months 1 day ago #11025

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
Saturday can't come soon enough. I'm already impatient to watch the Rams in action again! And still buzzing from Tuesday :cheer:

Does anyone have room in their car on Saturday for Terry? He's after a lift to Glossop.

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 3 months 1 day ago #11028

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Looks like The Rams will be playing away in their now famous ' Weymouth Red ' colours as Glossop's home strip is blue. Hope we start like we finished off at this week's truly memorable night at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

CO U MIGHTY RAMS
Last Edit: 3 months 1 day ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 3 months 1 day ago #11031

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Terry - seat available. Chesham ~ 1335.
Tel - 01706 827667 to confirm.
Just had talk with LK and understand that Terry's transport is sorted.
Therefore, seat available from Edenfield at 1315.
Above phone number to arrange.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
Last Edit: 3 months 1 day ago by johnharryayers. Reason: Recent News

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 3 months 15 hours ago #11032

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Anyone calling at ' Nando's ' on the way to Glossop ? - there is one in Bury.
Great call by our Manager to divert to Nando's in Dorchester for the players pre-match meal, and for Wooly picking up the tab on our way to the Weymouth replay. Could Nando's be a lucky eating-house for The Rams ? Some traditions worth following ? Lucky charms and all that ? I haven't changed my socks since we won away at Trafford FC in our Prelim Qualifying tie in the FA Trophy ! !

Come on ewe socks !

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 3 months 40 minutes ago #11034

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
A convincing away win for The Rams. Espied mojomoz aka Jon Haslam at the Ground so no point 4me going into match details as fully comprehensive report will follow. Skem at home next Sat and hope to beat them also. That will nicely lead us in to the BIG GAME against The Coasters who beat Wrexham at home at Mill Farm today 2 - 0 in front of a crowd of 2912 ! ! Holy shit ! Might have to revise my estimate of attendance for Fylde game on 2nd Feb from 1000 to maybe a tad more, but surely it won't be up to a 3 Turnstile jobby ? Will it ? What's your forecast for the gate ?

Also, do you think it's possible to practise taking penalties ? That's 2 pen's missed now. One skimming off the top of the angle at Weymouth and up into the Stand , and one just shite penalty today.

COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 3 months 27 minutes ago #11035

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 3
792 Fylde don't travel in numbers, there will be a few ground hoppers there for curiosity purposes and Rammys support has not really increased even though they have had a fabulous run of results. Would be fabulous to pass the 1k mark. Have watched Fylde recently and the standard is way way above ours- however it's a one off cup game- will they play first team squad? Danny Rowe is a handful, Tommo etc will have to have a blinder.

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 2 months 4 weeks ago #11036

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Maxibo - fascinating to read your viewpoints and thanks for your posting. Well, a gate of 792 would give a fairly good Cup atmosphere in the Ground. I suppose AFC Fylde's number one objective must be promotion to the Football League itself i.e. Division Two. Could well be that the gulf between our respective League's is an eye opener, so all will become clear on the day, although I have a feeling there's a cup shock on the cards. By the way, think our Thommo was rested today, but Ryan Ellison played a blinder.
Cheers,
Hackers
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 2 months 4 weeks ago #11037

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
Well that was a treat for Rammy fans today! Five goals and some excellent football on show. They was certainly no hint of any complacency after the big midweek win (not that we thought there would be!) and the players played their hearts out as usual. There were a few results which suited us in the league today which is good, but a bit disappointing that we were only the third highest scoring club in the league today with Colls and Colne scoring 8 each, damn them! :ohmy:

I'll stick my AFC Fylde gate prediction in the AFC Fylde thread so we don't get sidetracked on this one!

RAMS AWAY AT GLOSSOP NORTH END 2 months 4 weeks ago #11038

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Well worth the journey to the Peak District and as LK observed; not a sign of complacency, which is good..

On the way home from Weymouth I thought that a gate of 1,000 plus would not be out of place. So like LK, I'll stick with my estimate. Our recent games have deserved better crowds.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds