Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 3 months 2 days ago #11021

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Game not until Sat 2nd February.
Posted early and topic can languish on list until cup fever starts to build.
Lets keep all postings to this thread only, even if replay or not.
Also, and for info only, the Weymouth thread has exceeded 6000+ viewings which is just amazing
and shows the level of interest in our Cup journey.

Hackers
COYR
Last Edit: 3 months 6 hours ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 3 months 1 day ago #11029

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
On the face of it, not sure whether it matters or not, whether we play AFC Fylde home or away.
The Rams have already won 4 replays in the Competition to date, and if the game was a draw, wouldn't be phased by a replay away at Fylde, as The Rams unbeaten in our last 13 away games.

There's no doubt that Fylde have some notable players. Jay Lynch - ex-Salford goalkeeper - the returning Dan Bradley who is highly rated by both Club and fans - new on-loan signing Timi Odusina former Captain of Norwich City U23's - lastly, but not leastly, Danny Rowe their prolific hitman and top goalscorer. This guy seems to have been around an awful long time and I don't know his age, but could be entering ' carthorse mode ' ? , but I'm sure we'll soon find out.

However, as the game is at the HWRS, maybe our tight and narrow pitch may not suit Fylde, and with the Rammy fans so close to the pitch and ' round their necks ' so to speak, they may not like it ' up em ' Capt. Mainwaring ! - Don't tell em yer name Pike !

One thing is for sure, is that they won't have a better keeper and defence than us, and just impossible to have a more industrious mid-field.

A fascinating game in prospect and all to play for. ' Roll on ' the 2nd of Feb.

COYR
Last Edit: 3 months 6 hours ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 2 months 4 weeks ago #11039

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
I've copied the quotes below from the Glossop thread so we can reply in this thread instead:

Maxibo wrote:
792 Fylde don't travel in numbers, there will be a few ground hoppers there for curiosity purposes and Rammys support has not really increased even though they have had a fabulous run of results. Would be fabulous to pass the 1k mark. Have watched Fylde recently and the standard is way way above ours- however it's a one off cup game- will they play first team squad? Danny Rowe is a handful, Tommo etc will have to have a blinder.
Hackers wrote:
Maxibo - fascinating to read your viewpoints and thanks for your posting. Well, a gate of 792 would give a fairly good Cup atmosphere in the Ground. I suppose AFC Fylde's number one objective must be promotion to the Football League itself i.e. Division Two. Could well be that the gulf between our respective League's is an eye opener, so all will become clear on the day, although I have a feeling there's a cup shock on the cards. By the way, think our Thommo was rested today, but Ryan Ellison played a blinder.
Cheers,
Hackers

I don't totally agree Maxibo that Rammy gates haven't increased. I know we can't really count the 511 and 410 on Boxing Day and New Year's Day but even the Saturday league game against Leek (220) was better than any Saturday all season apart from Runcorn Linnets (274). And the turnout for the Weymouth home game (457) was excellent. 100 from Weymouth leaves 357 either there watching Rammy or groundhopping. After the standard of the game and the exciting finish, I'd put money on there being at least 357 supporting Rammy v AFC Fylde, probably more as word will have spread. The question is, how many will Fylde bring? They get 1500 at home for league games but only 500 for FA Trophy games so far. Will there be more interest now that they're in the last 16? How seriously are they taking the cup? I'm guessing we'll get somewhere between 500 and 1000 but as I ought to make a guess, I'll go for 726.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Little Katie.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 2 months 4 weeks ago #11042

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmmm - lovely jubbly. Me thinks there's a mini-sweepstake in all this somewhere. Not ' Spot the Ball ' or the ' Face in the Crowd ' but wait for it - yes you're right - it's ' Guess the Gate ' so come on down. Nothing for two in a bed in this game says Bully.
Some determining factors here that will affect the attendance figure. I'm told by Messrs Holt & Son that a good number of Blackpool fans are boycotting their home games because of the ' Oyston's ' long running saga. So many fans now go to Fylde home games. However, on Sat 2 Feb, Blackpool are away at Accy Stanley at the Wham Stadium.
Also, on Sat 2nd Feb, Bury are at home to play Crawley Town.
If anyone fancies the idea of a mini-sweepstake then pls post on here and I'll get it up and running. Initial suggestion is either a £2 or £5 bet each on a winner takes all basis.
Cheers & looking forward to some replies for ' Guess the Gate '.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 2 months 4 weeks ago #11043

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Very soon ' Cup Fever ' will start to build for this ' BIG GAME ' and the home crowd could prove Rammy's ' Twelfth Man ' and get em over the line. Can therefore the ' Rammy Ultra's ' sponsor a ' Drummer Person ' [ 2b politically correct ], in order to rouse the home fans to make even more NOISZ. For the ' special one ' , the jobby would be free admission to the ground, sarnies with the VIP's at half-time interval, free Golden Goal and Raffle strip,
free pie and peas, AND GRAVY, photo by Frank the Jacket and any other facking thing you can think of a signed programme by the Chairman or the players ?
What do u reckon Ultra's ?
I did it last time and it's facking exhausting !

There are two stand out ties in this Round of Sixteen and one of em is us. The other is Leyton Orient -v- Blyth Spartans. Let's make sure it's yer Rams that grab the morning Headlines. COYR

Also, will Ruben Jerome be available for this game or even replay ? Pls advise.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 2 months 4 weeks ago #11045

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 3
Hackers, would happily help sponsor "keep the drum out of the ground" don't belong at football in my view- what next Jester hats? I will oblige the drummer (If anywhere near me) with a massive drum wedgy- be warned. Entertaining 3-3 draw awaits.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 2 months 4 weeks ago #11049

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Oh, not another away trip? Can we not try winning first time round for a change. :evil:

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 2 months 4 weeks ago #11050

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Maxibo, - not gonna get embroiled in the ' drum ' bit just yet, as I think we need viewpoints from other forummies to form a consensus of opinion.
As for the 3 - 3 home draw - WOW ! ! what a thriller that would be with plenty squeaky bum time all round. Just hope there are enough bog roll dispensers at the Ground.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 2 months 4 weeks ago #11051

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 3
Sweepstake a good shout Hackers and would be happy to throw a fiver at it. If enough involved, would prefer if half went to winner and half to (preferably) a local animal charity- thoughts anyone.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 2 months 4 weeks ago #11052

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Maxibo - all good stuff. I will progress the idea of mini-sweepstake for ' Guess the Gate '. Will pass it by Darkside as Chair of Supporters Group and Little Katie also. Personally think 50/50 split between Winner and Charity Donation a good call. The obvious Animal Charity round these parts is Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary up Turn.
Cheers.
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds