Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11112

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Snowing quite heavily at the time of posting [ 11. 32am ] and am curious to know if the Green & Yellow John Deere mini-tractor available to the Club has a blade attachment to bulldoze snow off the pitch ? or does it have to be a 20 person jobby just with snow shovels ? in case the need arises .
Surely better to play the game on a Saturday rather than a Tuesday night ! which would of course reduce the ' gate ' , and also make THE SWEEP nil and void.
Anyone know the long term weather forecast for this weekend ?
Hackers
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11113

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Ow do hackers B)
I've just had a quick look and although tomorrow is possibly fine n sunny/cloudy, thurs/Fri are given as snow showers both days with highest temps no more than 2 degrees... Saturday is sunny but not set to get above 3 degrees, so looking very doubtful :(
Looks like it'll be a Tuesday night match, means the attendance will be quite a lot down on what it could've been!
Tanners B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11114

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmm - the part of the Ground that worries me the most , is that stretch in front of the Harry Williams Stand which gets no sunshine at this time of year cos the sun itself rises and sets behind that main stand , is prone to freezing up.
Whilst I'm on , I've just watched the 5.03mins video of Fylde's away win at Solihull Moors. I know it's only a 5mins clip , but on that showing seemed a fairly ' even-steven ' game to me , and could easily have ended up a drawn game. However , 2 points to note 4rm me. Firstly , it will take quite some goal or even a wonder strike to beat their keeper - Jay Lynch [ ex-Salford ] who must have been in the frame for M o M , and secondly the performance of their hitman Danny Rowe who's brace won the game for Fylde. He doesn't seem to cover a lot of ground , but certainly has ' the touch ' which only a handful of players possess. He conjured his 2nd goal from nothing which gave the Solihull keeper no chance.

Despite the above , still reckon The Rams will be in the quarter-finals draw on Monday 4th Feb , and if the game gets postponed , they most certainly will be ! Leyton Orient -vs- Ramsbottom United or AFC Fylde

COYR

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11115

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hackers...what the fascination with Leyton Orient??

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11116

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Big Jim - it's to play on a well known Football League Ground at Brisbane Road. Their home gates must average out around the 4500+ mark , and The Rams would get half the gate receipts , and the game could be televised being London centric . Could prove a big pay-day for us. Also highly likely there's never been a greater gulf in league positions in a quarter-final tie in the history of the FA Trophy i.e. the minnows etc. play the top of the Non-League pyramid , and u can't get higher than that.

COYR
Hackers

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11117

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 31
Hackers, I'm pretty sure that the gate split for FA events are split 3 ways. Hosts, Visitors and lastly, the FA. Unless something has changed in the last few years.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11118

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 171
Tony told me earlier that North West Tonight and BT Sport are doing some filming and interviews on Saturday!

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11120

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
An early morning conundrum 4 u all. I'm no expert on Regional Weather but would imagine the Borough of Fylde to be much milder than down Rammy. Also, I wasn't expecting last night's snow. So the puzzle is what would happen if it is known now , that our Ground would be snowbound and unplayable and their Ground at Mill Farm just dandy to play the match this Saturday. Could u live with a switched fixture venue, at such short notice , and a trip to Fylde ?

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11121

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 5
No reversal (don't think it's permitted anyway) however, we need to take advantage of the bog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 1 year 7 months ago #11122

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Just hope that ' cup fever ' is starting to bubble now.
Best thing that happened to me only very recently was my chat with Big Jim who advised me to watch the video of Fylde's recent win away at promotion chasers Solihull Moors. Big Jim's angle was to try to assess the level of away support for Fylde. I did watch this 5min clip, but more to assess their players, and drew the following conclusions.

If anybody is going to ruin Rammy's day , there are 2 stand out players 4rm the video clip that could punish The Rams.

Firstly, their goalkeeper - Jay Lynch [ ex - Salford goalie ] with Jonno and Bern and all that stuff , and it will take quite some goal or possibly an o.g. to beat him.
I did mention an ' own goal ' for the Weymouth tie , and it did come about , but in the replay , when a sublime cross 4rm TK proved just to hot to handle 4 their defender - oh bless his cotton socks ! - the defender that is !

Secondly their ' hitman ' Danny Rowe [ aka Denny Row - according to my Staines mate ] who has well got the capacity to spoil our party. Think he was MoM away at Solihull with his brace. He looks well stocky and appears a bit slow & cumbersome 2me , but this must be a big deception for me and to opposition defenders , cos this guy is the ' real deal ' and he's a rare & real PREDATOR & ASSASSIN . I'm not saying he's a baby-line goal hanger like Lineker, but must have a brain as sharp as a butcher's knife as is super dangerous from his incisive killer passes which can split a defence wide open in a nano-second ! He doesn't seem to cover a lot of ground , but his positional play up front must be second to none. He reminds me of a latterday Jan Molby [ ex - Liverpool FC ] , although an out and out goalscorer and not a mid-field General like Molby. Add to that his goal-scoring records and masses of experience , and you'll agree with Maxibo in his earlier posting that this guy is a ' handful ' and our lads will have 2be on top of their game to negate and nullify this geezer.

I would strongly advise u 2 watch the video and draw ur own conclusions , but more importantly 4 the PLAYERS TO WATCH THE VIDEO CLIP. 2B FOREWARNED IS 2B FOREARMED - it only takes 5.03 mins. Well worth everyone's effort. Remember games are won on small margins and doing ur homework on the opposition.

Now 4 the late edit on us.
We've also got a tremendous keeper in Sam and he's just in the top class , like Jay Lynch , but must have more experience playing in BIG GAMES , and Sam is currently on top of his game with clean sheets away at Glossop and home to Skem. Just think they're both great keepers and a match 4 each other.

Impossible 4 Fylde to have a better defence than us , as the best defence in our League , - Messrs ASHTON - JACOBS - ELLISON - THOMMO - TK and equally impossible to have a better mid-field if we go DONALDSON - ROTHER - MORAN.

The only place that Fylde have ' the edge ' is up front because Rainford and Brodie are cup-tied , but the lads did just great against Weymouth and now Rubes back and on the scoresheet -vs Skem. One amazing ability The Rams have is that goals can come 4rm anywhere , and we are exceptionally strong on free-kicks and corners , with our spring-heeled defender whose name I won't mention 4 trade secrets reasons .

One way of dealing with their ' hitman ' is to man mark him and be his shadow all match long , but this guy really is the one that could piss on our chips. I would have 100% faith in Ryan to ' do a job ' on Rowe and make him appear invisible and totally blank him out the game. That's negate and nullify par excellence. Ryan stocky 2 and will dish out as much as he takes, as I'm sure Rowe must use all his weight , guile ,and balance to hustle and bustle his way past defenders and might even rough them up2 , but as I've never seen him play that can only be an assumption on my part , and I have no evidence either - it's just a hunch on my part.. Only problem with 1 to 1 man marking is that it will inevitably lead to disruption in the formation of our fab back four and upset the cohesion and rhythm and organisation , we're so used to.

COYR.
BRING IT ON
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds