Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11126

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Due to the lying snow and the bitter forecast I would say little chance of FA TROPHY game going ahead.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11127

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Big Jim - a timely posting 4rm u , as I was gonna post and pose the question , what chance the game being played this Sat ?
Me wonders if the snow on the pitch is acting like an insulation blanket which if it is may get the game underway , and clear snow off pitch as late as possible ?

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11128

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Problem is Hackers there is nowhere to clear to the snow to and more Importantly no-one to do it. It's a massive job which if not frozen will leave the pitch in a mess.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11129

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
On the basis that this Cup game is the biggest ever in the Rams history to date , I would have thought that someone in Authority would have the good grace to at least issue a tweet to update interested parties and persons , and give some idea of the ' emergency plan ' and ' standby arrangements ' made for a labour force , to get the fixture played this Saturday , even if there is only half a chance of the game going ahead as planned. Hoping for an update soon.
Cheers.
Hackers

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11130

• tony
I can help on friday and saturday morning

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11131

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 232
We have been discussing the idea of getting a work party at the ground on Saturday morning if required.

However, as nobody has a clue about what will develop, weather wise, over the next 24 hours we have not mentioned anything yet. If supporters are required to help get the pitch playable, I will update ASAP
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by From the Darkside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11133

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Update on the pitch.

The weather conditions last Saturday meant that the pitch was absolutely trashed.
Some repair work was carried out on Sunday and Monday but with minimal "staff" available, nowhere near enough. Since then (again because of the weather) no further repair work has been possible.

This morning, there is 2" of lying snow over the whole field and on most of the surrounding walkways. Even if we had the man-power and equipment to remove the snow off the pitch, the act of so doing would, without doubt, cause further damage.

I don't think there is any more snow forecast for us but even when the existing snow thaws, the pitch is likely to be water-logged, and with freezing nights forecast, together with the fact that there is still an awful lot of repair work still to be done, it is almost certain that this game will not be played.

That is not an official bulletin, just common sense and I know that it is most regrettable in view of the importance of this game but you can't beat "Mother Nature"

I'm sure there will be an official statement in due course, but that may not be until Saturday morning in accordance with normal procedures.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11134

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Statto - Many thanks for update. I too have come to the same conclusion as having just walked the dog around Nuttall Park , which of course is just across the river from the Stadium , and although in glorious sunshine , the prospects of the game going ahead are extremely bleak . The park is similarly covered in snow , but underneath and in all areas I tested , the actual ground is firm going on soft , and all tested areas would ' take a stud ' in football parlance. However , the pathways being mainly tarmacadam are treacherous and covered in crunchy ice , and present a real safety hazard to pedestrians.
I could also envisage that any form of mini-tractor to bulldoze the snow away , becomes a non-starter because the compression of the wheels on the vehicle , so to speak , would simply turn the snow to ice. The only way that the game can be saved is a rise in temperature and hope the pitch doesn't become waterlogged. All a bit sad really , :( but at least we'll be in the draw for the 4th Round being the quarter-finals ! and could anyone have envisaged that at the start of the season ?
Maybe - ' In yer dreams ' - ' Ur avin a larf mate ' - ' pull the other one ' - ' What Rammy ? ' - ' You must b jokin '

Hackers
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11135

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Most interesting to note that AFC Fylde have 2 cup-tied players being ' Ash ' & ' Bradders ' aka Ashley Hemmings & Dan Bradley. How good is that ! At least it balances things up a bit , seeing as how The Rams have 4 out.
Also good to note that it was Ashley Hemmings that scored both goals in their home win 2 - 0 against promotion chasers Wrexham.
It just gets better and better !
Anyone recommend a 7star Wembley Hotel !

#MIGHTYRAMS

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 3 weeks ago #11139

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Pitch Inspection later today [ Friday ]
There is no chance whatsoever of the match taking place tomorrow Saturday ,
unless by chance the Club has a rolling contract with McAlpine's to clear the entire playing surface,
and all pathways , walkways , enclosures , stairways , terraces , car parks etc., etc.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds