Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11167

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Maxibo , Tee Hee ! Mmmmmmmm - that might be a tad too reckless as my beloved ' 1963 Skoda GL ' is still on a SORN declaration and not insured either , so would have to side-line the stock car bit , as couldn't afford the claims. Anyway , I might come off worse as most of the floor panels have already gone ! but please don't grass me up to the Fed's.
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11168

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Big Jim , yep , early pitch inspection will b necessary and has been scheduled . Early morning frost as just had to de-ice the car , but if weather stays mild today , I think the game will be ' on '. Hope so. The pitch won't be perfect though , despite a load of repair work having been done , but could prove unintentionally a bit of a ' leveller ' .

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11169

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 5
"To heat the pies or not heat the pies" that is the question. Guessing game will get the go ahead following inspection (euphoria all round) only to get postponed around 5.30/6 following heavy rain which is on its way- keep them on a very low heat Harry, they may come in handy on Saturday.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11171

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Maxibo's Crystal Ball is 100% correct so far.
Let's hope it's got the second part wrong.

YOOUUUUU RAAMMMSSSSS.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11172

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Very much looking like ' piemageddon ' to me. I mean what do you with 300 spare pies. Best scorch em to death and try to sell em to the Newcastle Town fans on Saturday , under the pretence that they're traditional Lancashire hot cross buns ! ! and on a BOGOF offer. That might shift em.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11174

• tony
BBC Nortwest tonight filming Harry at the riverside today

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11176

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 33
What a performance in very difficult conditions!!!
Hope that I can make the replay next Tuesday.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11177

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Quite simply, one of the best games of football I have ever seen. Over the 20 years I've followed the Rams, I have witnessed some fantastic games. We all thought watching the Rams win at Weymouth was the pinnacle of the season, but tonight, that surpassed, with interest. To score 5 against a team that has only conceded 24 league goals so far is a massive performance.

For effort, we matched them, which showed by the fact we had to claw our way back twice against a side with aspirations of promotion to League 2. Conditions played their part though, yet the tempo of the game remained fast and furious. I won't attempt naming a MOM as there was 11 (plus subs) out there. AFC Fylde played their part in the spectacle and showed why they are high flyers in the National League. We all know that cup matches are one off affairs and this was no exception. You don't get many 5-5 draws.

A crowd of 743 was no more than deserved. We should be getting 300/350 every week with the football we play. Perhaps this will persuade some of tonight's crowd that we have a team worthy of more support. A massive thank you to those who braved the elements tonight. Usually, the rain keeps them away.

Its back to the drawing board for the management, as they plot the next thrilling installment of the Rammy Roller Coaster. But show the same commitment as we have in previous ties and whose to say that we cannot pull off another giant killing. AFC Fylde will have different ideas. Already,they seen we will not roll over without a fight. Go out with the right attitude and anything is possible.

COYR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11178

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Firstly , just a terrific posting from TT 58

Secondly , and as for the game U-N-B-E-L-I--E-V-A-B-L-E game

Thirdly , just fabulous to read all the pre and post match tweets , with special thanks to our friends at Trafford FC , Tadcaster Albion , Lancashire FA , Sheffield FC , and ALL those individual non-league fans who make our non-league fraternity such a joy to be with.

Fourthly , Big Up to Little Katie our match twitterer for putting out all those tweets , and in doing so missing parts of the action.

And lastly - " Oh what a night it was , it really was such a night ……………………………..

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 11 months 2 weeks ago #11181

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 232
Would have posted last night, but thought I'd wait till the euphoria subsided a little. However, doesn't look like that's happening for a while yet, so have to say that, without a doubt, that was the best game of football I've ever had the honour of watching.

Can't praise the players highly enough and their effort ensured that the, so called, gulf between the two sides was non existent, in fact can anyone honestly say we weren't the better team on the night ? A great atmosphere and was great to see The Riverside rockin' again. Just hope some of those non regulars now realise what we have got at Rammy and are back in the future. Bring on next Tuesday and should have a decent following there from those I've spoke to.

We're the famous Rammy United
And we're going to Wembley
Wembley, Wembley

:woohoo:
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by From the Darkside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobytrotter58
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds