Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 10 months 2 days ago #11185

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Certainly, in my opinion, the finest match seen at The Riverside. Although there are numerous others both home and away. For the princely sum of £8, you watched a match worthy of a TV audience, who by the way, would have not been able to argue that this wasn't as good than some Premier League games.

743 on a Tuesday. Off the top of my head, this must be the biggest ever evening crowd at Ramsbottom. As Darkside says, we can only hope that the newbies liked what they saw and come back for a second helping.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 10 months 2 days ago #11187

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 68
Wow, just wow! I was completely engrossed in listening to that on LiveSports FM last night. I, like probably many others, thought the game was up at 2-0 and at 4-2, given the league difference, the experience of Fylde and their probable match management abilities. But, I have never experienced anything quite like that and it wasn't only me listening down here but my Dad switched on and a good mate of mine also turned the game on to listen. It was incredible - disappointing to not win the game at the end, but what a performance from the lads. The FA Trophy run just keeps on giving .... and I thought the elation of Weymouth away was plenty, but last night, even though I wasn't there, was one of the greatest nights in Rammy history. And onto the replay .... absolutely no fear, and why should there be!!!

I had to look up the stat for most goals in 90 minutes of football with the Rams. That was the most in 90 minutes of Rammy football since the 25th April 2011 when we beat Rossendale United 7-5 in the NWCFL Premier Division in front of 133 spectators (of which I was one).

Aaron Nuttall (4), Andy Dawson (19), Kieron Pickup (27), Mark Drew (35) lead us to 4-1 up at half-time before Pickup (49), Gaskell (74) and Drew (81) completed the rout which also saw a hat-trick (two from the penalty spot) for Grant Spencer for Rossy!

Our goalkeeper that day .... the never to be forgotten Matthew Ince. Who had, from memory, an absolute shocker!

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 10 months 1 day ago #11197

• UkePunk
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Still struggling to get my voice back!
Unbelievable game, credit to both sides indeed.
Possibly the best game I've ever had the pleasure to see.
COYR!
See you Tuesday.
Shouldn't we have some kind of plan as to where we are standing so we're all together?

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 10 months 1 day ago #11198

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 225
It's segregated, so we'll all be together on the south terrace. :woohoo:

A good chance to make plenty of noise and already heard from several non regulars who will be attending. Looking like the biggest Rammy exodus since Darlington in the play-offs

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 10 months 1 day ago #11200

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Never had to buy tickets for a Rammy game before!! :woohoo:
The Brooksbottom CC Faction will be in attendance.

Hopefully there won't be any marauding hungry seagulls on the prowl!
Lord LoveRocket has something of an aversion to them I believe? :unsure:
Last Edit: 10 months 1 day ago by BroxBlue.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 10 months 1 day ago #11201

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 4
Cheesy chips at Fylde a must- simply Google Fylde and Cheesy chips- enjoy :woohoo:

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 10 months 1 day ago #11202

• Lordloverocket
  • Thank you received: 2
At present the Love Rocket has not been granted permission to fly into Fylde airspace. It is looking highly likely that the Love Rocket will be forced to fly beneath the radar into enemy lines for the replay and deploy ones self when least expected. All seagulls will be destroyed, set phasers to kill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 10 months 1 day ago #11203

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
LLR , What a fabulous avatar . Just luv it.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 9 months 4 weeks ago #11210

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
To enlarge further on the point raised by UkePunk about Rammy fans all being together , I'm curious to know where Rammy fans intend to go. It strikes me that there are 2 basic options , although obviously more expensive options exist. The 2 basic options are the South Stand and Block A in the West Stand [ which must be the Main Stand ]
The reason for this posting is that I got drenched on Tuesday night and got ' the cold ' in my back , and haven't been right since , so I might want to sit down to watch the replay. Whatever happens the Rammy Fans will most certainly dominate the South Stand and in effect the whole corner of the Ground , as Block A in the West Stand is effectively adjacent the South Stand .
What is not clear to me at all , is that is this Stadium totally all -seater , and there are NO standing areas at the Ground at all , or is the South Stand just a concrete terrace for away fans wanting to stand up ?
Anyone know ??
CHEERS

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 9 months 4 weeks ago #11211

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hackers my understanding is that only the main stand is seated.Blocks A and B are available for away fans. So if you want to have a better view then B block is the one and under cover at the back of the stand
Last Edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by jimmacdonald.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds