Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 1 week ago #11229

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 67
There is absolutely no way in the world that I could be any prouder of my club today. OK, we lost 4-1 but we took the lead and took the game to a team that have serious and realistic ambitions to be playing in the Football League very soon and we are three leagues lower than them. For 180 minutes, we matched a team 69 places above us in the football pyramid, that is just fantastic and such a tribute to the players, the management and, as I could hear you all on the live commentary tonight, the wonderful Rammy Ultras.

To a man, the lads on the park have transformed us from 'mid table and going nowhere, back to the old days of late 2000s, satisfied with finishing in 14th-17th place in the table' to a squad of players, who want to play for each other, want to be together, want to perform, want to get results, want to work hard and have made every single Rammy supporter incredibly proud to be following such a team, tonight being just another perfect example of how far we have come in such a short space of time since the change of management, and the change of ethic.

I bloody love Ramsbottom United.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: From the Darkside, Hackers

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 1 week ago #11230

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Richard's posting says it all really and I echo every word of it.
4me , no complaints on the night , and a brave performance by The Rams. When we went 1 up , I thought my goodness , is the fairy tale gonna continue ? but in the end , it was not to be , but what a terrific Trophy run we had , with so many memorable , never to be forgotten moments , particularly our away win at Weymouth , and the now dubbed ' modern day classic ' 5 - 5 home draw against Fylde.
Just a note to close on and Good Luck to AFC Fylde in their quarter-final tie at home to Barnet.

And so it's back to the League Campaign now , and still an awful lot to look forward to.

COY - MIGHTY RAMS
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 1 week ago #11231

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Whilst naturally disappointed, I think we can be extremely proud of this football club for this excellent cup run that has exceeded all of our expectations but also the general performances of the players since Chris, Diego and Lincoln have arrived to turn our fortunes around.

We took the lead, matched them for periods, and the players put in some fantastic performances last night - which we have now come to expect and will hopefully spur us on to sucsess at the end of the season!

MASSIVE shout out has to go to the travelling support too, who were awesome and out sang Fylde for 90 minutes - seriously 234 fans, that’s way more than they brought to us! What an incredible turnout for the Rams!

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 1 week ago #11232

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 204
Can only echo what has already been said about last night.

As much as it would have been nice for our FA Trophy adventure to continue, any disappointment is well and truly overshadowed by a feeling of pride. In years too come I'm sure we will still all be talking about our 'FA Trophy Run of 2018/19' and full credit to management and, especially, the players for what they have achieved.

And what a wonderful following we had at Fylde last night, although I'd say we had 250+ when you take in complimentary tickets and committee members. Absolutely amazing

Now, with the FA Trophy out of the way, the season can really start and we can make a serious assault on the top of the NPL West.

In the words of Bachman Turner Overdrive You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet :woohoo:
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by From the Darkside.

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 1 week ago #11233

• tony
Did anyone find the owner of the car REG NE14ABJ

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 1 week ago #11234

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 204
tony wrote:
Did anyone find the owner of the car REG NE14ABJ

The white Nissan Micra

A classic whoever set that one up :lol:

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 1 week ago #11235

• Diego
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi All,
Just thought i would post this as our Fa Trophy dream has come to an end. As you can imagine all the management and players are gutted with last nights result. We could argue that mistakes have possibly cost us the tie but overall what a gallivant effort from us all including the fans home and away throughout the rounds.
The result will hurt for a long time but we must now re-group pick ourselves up and give the league a real go, i believe anything is possible with the squad we have, we have proven this so far by losing only 3 games since myself and Chis have arrived including Fylde last night. I think we earned the respect of Flyde over the 2 games doing what we done and the team they played last night.
We hope we have all made you proud to be from Ramsbottom and Ramsbottom fans afar,

Thanks again for all your support long may it continue. Save the pictures on social media of all the rams in the away stand last night the noise was unreal, it was surreal to see and a great moment to receive the appreciation we did at the end. See you all Saturday

Diego
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers, tony

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 1 week ago #11237

• P.A.
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
:woohoo: Can only echo everything that has been said.
The management and the players have been a breath of fresh air since October. They have given us back the pride we had for this club under Bernard and Jonno.
And as for the fans....!
You were all magnificent and to see you out in numbers making so much noise, it was heart-warming.
May those who have been absent for a while now feel that they can come back on board, and let's see regular gates at the HWRS over 300 as we look to finish a great season in fine style with a return to the Evo-Stik Premier.
Well done every one!!!

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 1 week ago #11239

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Everything that needs to be said has been said in the previous posts. For "Little Ramsbottom" to take 234 plus to AFC Fylde is a credit to the club and the brand of football being played.

Now we must get back to the really serious business of league duties. The visit of Colwyn Bay will be a stern test. The same attitude is needed that we showed at Glossop NE, when, after the fantastic game at Weymouth, we did not let it cloud our vision of the job in hand.

We have every right to feel immensely proud of our club, which has been a roller coaster ride since that 2-1 win at Trafford, never an easy place to go. Not many teams play 12 matches to get within 2 games of making a Wembley appearance. Thanks to Chris, Diego & Lincoln we have a team to be exceptionally proud to follow.

I've often been asked why, finally, in 2004, I gave up watching professional football at Bolton Wanderers. I think the answer has been spelt out over these 12 FA Trophy matches. Commitment, Passion and a Great set of Supporters and friends. I hope the next 20 years are as eventful as the last.

Oh Rammy United - Oh.............

RAMS -v- AFC FYLDE - FA TROPHY 3RD ROUND 6 months 6 days ago #11252

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
This thread in the dying ember stage now , and soon to lapse completely has received 4331 viewings at the time of this posting , which is an amazing figure , and just goes to show how much interest was shown in our magnificent FA Trophy run , that spanned 12 games in all with 5 replays.
No doubt a lot of statistics can be talked about in years to come , but one fact which has already been mentioned in at least one previous posting or maybe tweet , is that The Rams led a 4th placed National League side at home 5 - 4 , and then away 0 - 1 which is an amazing achievement in itself , and one to be incredibly proud of , and really put Rammy on the Non-League Nationwide map . How good is that !
Last Edit: 6 months 5 days ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds