Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 4 weeks ago #11055

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Going back a good number of years, I never ever thought The Rams would be in a position to do the ' double ' over Skem. However, time moves on and The Rams must be the Bookmakers favourite for a home win in this game, but musn't count our chickens b4 they're hatched, just like I told the Weymouth Hatter.

Another thing about this coming Saturday is that the League fixture list is a good list for The Rams in that every team above us in the League [ excluding Trafford ] play each other, i.e.
Leek -vs- Linnets
Mossley -vs- Coll's
Prescot -vs- Radcliffe
Trafford -vs- Colne

How good is all that !
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 3 weeks ago #11085

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
As Tony C/P.A. says in his, as always, wonderful preview of the game this should be a 'home banker' today. Just hope we don't get complacent, although can't see Chris allowing that to happen. A good chance to make a push for the play-off places and just loving watching The Rams these days.

See you all shortly and .................Come On Yooouuu Raaams :woohoo:

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 3 weeks ago #11087

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Big up The Rams. Me is not Indahouse 2day, but yer Staines Massiv sendin best wishes 4 a home win innit !

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 3 weeks ago #11088

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Great win, showed no signs of complacency especially in the 2nd half against bottom of the league. Feel sorry for Skem I must admit, always a respectable and difficult side to beat when we have played them in the past, I hope this is just a blip for them and they can get back to winning ways soon.

Our performance was superb in the main, special mention to Tony Donaldson who was excellent when he came on, and that win sets us up nicely for the big one next week...

COYR (Oh and we're up to 5th in the league for anyone who hasn't already noticed!)

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 3 weeks ago #11089

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Agree with Mottty 100% . Skem on a downward spiral at the mo , and doesn't help losing their Ground. 5 - 0 last week at Glossop , and 6 - 0 today , which will help our goal difference no end , and furthermore 2 clean sheets to boot
Pleased to see Ruben back on the pitch , and his goal will well boost his confidence . Lastly , well done to the Manager and his team, who played a blinder ensuring that virtually all the squad got a piece of the action, to keep all the players happy and involved .
Just hope AFC Fylde arrive at The Riverside next Sat like ' Royalty ' and cocky with it ! ! ! Lessons 2b learnt !
COYR
BOOYAKASHA

ps - Only 167 attended the match. Not great that !
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 3 weeks ago #11090

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
A low crowd can be attributed to our previous manager. The only thing he managed was to empty the ground, with his dull, not so entertaining brand of football.

I just hope we get a good gate next week. The club deserves it.

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 3 weeks ago #11091

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Another good (better than good) performance today!
Without doubt we now have a squad of players that can "do the business".
A bit (lot) of reparation work to do (on the pitch) before "the big one " next week, but, I am very optimistic that we can give AFC Fylde a "run for there money".
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 3 weeks ago #11094

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Well, any fears about complacency were firmly cast aside early on yesterday with a couple of early goals. Another excellent performance and another most enjoyable 90 minutes of football which see's us move into the play off positions. Just disappointing that more weren't there to witness the game and, despite the weather and the fact Bury had a big game down at Gigg Lane, we deserved a better attendance than that.

Feel sorry for the Skelmersdale supporters and talking to some of them they seem to think the club could well be going out of existence by the end of the season. Not having a stadium of their own and any money they make is being eaten up by having to pay rent to Prescot Cables for the ground share and looking like only a miracle will save them from dropping out of this division. Still, could be worse and at least they don't have Mark Fell as manager :lol:
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by From the Darkside.

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 3 weeks ago #11095

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 13
An excellent appraisal of the Skem match Mr Darkside. The conditions were far from ideal, but we refused to allow them to influence our play; still pleasing to the eye. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Being able to replace players, with next Saturday in mind, made no difference. As Daz points out, we can now do that and not affect the way we perform.

To see a once great side struggle isn't nice, I really do hope that Skem can find a way out of their troubles and come back stronger. Relegation is never a good, but, just maybe, it may help Skem to regroup and slowly make their way back. Good luck to them.

Back in our NWCL days, they always seemed a bogey side, never easy to get a result against.

Looking forward to the AFC Fylde match already. Yes, I want us to win, but also, I want to see us give a good account of ourselves, as we have done in all our FAT matches.

COYR

RAMS -v- SKELMERSDALE UNITED 2 months 3 weeks ago #11096

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 67
Ohhh Skem - our bogey side ... who remembers that game on 4 May 2013 when all we needed was a draw to get into the play-offs?

I remember it well - I was working for Sky in Leicester and barely paying any attention to the game I was supposed to be watching! Andy Dawson scores after 82 minutes, big clenched fist. Skem equalise three minutes later and then the anxious, anxious, nerve jangling wait as I waited for Katie or Andy to tweet the final whistle had gone. COME ON ... JUST TWEET IT GUYS! Ahhhhhhhhhh ****, ****, @%$£, Skem scored. Absolute deflation. I had to go outside at the end of an over just to release some very pent up frustration!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds