Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 1 week ago #11220

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Really looking forward to Tuesday's FA Trophy replay at AFC Fylde , but Saturday also will soon come around when we entertain The Bay at home. The Rams now in 8th spot in the League with games in hand over all Clubs above us , other than 5th placed Leek Town who have also played 23 matches. I see The Bay had a convincing 0 - 5 away win at Glossop N E at the weekend , so should be another good contest against the Mighty Rams. Let's hope for a goodly attendance figure and that we have time to repair the pitch to make it fit and playable.

COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 1 week ago #11236

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Worthy of note to say Radcliffe got turned over at home last night 1 - 3 by Leek Town . All getting a bit tight at the top of the West Division , but every confidence in Chris & Diego to break back very soon into the play-off spots , and goal difference may count for a lot , come the end of season . Goal difference could well play it's part in determining who ends up in 5th spot and hence qualifies for the play-offs . Also it's not certain that all play-off winners will get promotion this season , but that apart , it's plain common sense to amass as many points as u can , and ' bury ' all other teams by as many goals as u can . As the meerkat says , ' Simples ' .

COYR

LATE EXTRA
If I'm not mistaken , and Statto or Big Jim can advise as to the contrary , I'm thinkin now that it's points per game ratio comparisons between Leagues that will determine which play-off winners will actually get promoted , which is all down to the re-structuring of the Non League pyramid which came into force this season 18/19 .
However, goal difference still has it's part to play and may determine which team qualifies for 5th spot . Let's not forget that in the Jonno & Bern era , we only qualified on goal differece to gain 5th spot over Lancaster City , I think , and then started the play-off run-in away at Darlo , b4 playing the final away at Brig in front of 1006 gate ?
Last Edit: 5 months 6 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 1 week ago #11241

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Alf Says - Ah presume yer English news filters darn into yer Wales , and ere's hopin yer Colwyn Bay coach has a ' shit-pot ' on it 4 dem management & players ! I mean it staaaands to reason dunnit , that it's yer fear and yer trepidation innit , and yer bleedin anxiety and yer apprehension of avin to travel up 2 The Riverside to play the Mighty Raaaaaams ! Best 4 them Colwyn kit-men to add 100 Andrex rolls to their kit list , as the bog-house on yer Charra is gonna get plenty ' dumps ' ! ! on the way up.

COYR
Wapping Ultra's [ Affiliated ]
LANDON E 17
Yer Maaaaaaajesty 's United Kingdom Gawd bless the Queen

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 6 days ago #11242

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Hackers comments - that Fans Forum is about as ' active ' as a fart in a spacesuit !
Time 4 the Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 's now.

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 6 days ago #11243

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
No worries Comrades , as I've just been appointed to do all the Rams statistics !
Regards,
Diane

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 6 days ago #11244

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
West Promotion as follows Hackers

The extra Bostik League division at Step 4, taking the total to seven, has also complicated things numbers-wise. There will be 12 promotions spots to fill and seven will be taken by the respective champions.

That leaves a handful of places up for grabs – and they will be allocated to five of the seven divisional play-off winners.

The five with the best points-per-game ratio will win promotion from Step 4. It means two sides who win their divisional play-offs will suffer the heartbreak of not going up.

Teams who finish in the lower play-off positions at the end of the regular season but then go on to win them are less likely to go up on the points-per-game ratio basis.

The FA Leagues Committee would ultimately like to have a 1-2-4-8 Pyramid, but until then it is likely there will be anomalies, especially at Step 4 where there are now seven divisions.

All in all not good news!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 6 days ago #11245

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 153
Whilst I'd be very surprised if we didn't make the playoffs, as Jim says, coming 5th will possibly not be good enough even if we win the playoffs. Let's get those points on the board! I have every confidence. It's lovely to go to games now expecting to win every time! ???? :cheer:
Last Edit: 5 months 6 days ago by Little Katie.

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 6 days ago #11246

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Yep , agree with LK about the confidence factor . Already done the double over Skem , which would have been unheard of in seasons past , and every confidence we'll do the double over Colwyn Bay this coming Saturday . Not sure whether or not this rumour is true about The Bay , but I've heard on the grapevine that they'll be packing a crate of seagulls on their coach , to be released at half-time interval , but just can't understand why they would do that ! unless of course they're getting tonked at the half-way stage , and hoping for an abandonment , due to seagulls on the pitch ! or just want to ruin and gobble up Darkside's pastie ? :silly: :silly: :silly:

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 5 days ago #11253

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member

CURRENT BETTING ODDS
4RM - HACKERMAN INC. Bookmakers to the Galaxy

RAMS TO WIN 1 - 10,000

RAMS TO DRAW a very remote possibility 250 - 1

COLWYN BAY TO WIN - you must be joking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: save your money !!!

MATCH POSTPONED - no bets being taken . Book closed and further betting voided.

MATCH ABANDONED [ Due to seagulls on the play area ] 2 - 1

LATE EXTRA
PHEW ! ! ! A close run thing , and so pleased that Rubes & Jamie saved my blushes ! !
A game of two good defences on a bobbly pitch , and both teams seemingly cancelling each other out for large parts of the game. Certainly not a ' classic ' but 3 points in our bank , which is really what it's all about , and The Rams move up to 7th spot in the League . Good stuff as onwards and upwards , with games in hand .
COYR
Last Edit: 5 months 4 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS -vs- COLWYN BAY 5 months 4 days ago #11254

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
We were far from our best but the resilience of the squad impressed me yet again today. That never say die attitude has won us what might be a crucial 3 points come the playoff race at the end of the season.

Have to say I think the general consensus from the fans I spoke to is that Colwyn Bay are a good side who made things tough for us, I don’t expect many teams to beat them between now and end of the season based on what I saw today.

As for the promotion race, can only echo what’s already been said. We just need to win as many games as possible to give ourselves the best chance of going up.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds