Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C.

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 1 month 4 days ago #11256

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Just putting the new topic up , so that things don't get duplicated .
Already been there this season and won away , to start off our most memorable and magnificent FA Trophy run .
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 1 month 2 days ago #11271

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Hopefully , Saturday the 23rd Feb , will prove a good day for The Rams , because as we travel to Trafford , then so do Mossley travel away to Runcorn Linnets , but also Coll's travel away to play the Cables. We could well do with Cables winning that one , as Coll's need reining in , and their confidence dented big style.
COYR
Last Edit: 1 month 1 hour ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 1 month 1 day ago #11283

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Quite a bit of water has flowed under the bridge since Mottty announced it was a ' great time ' to be following The Rams , or a great time to be a Ram , and that's as true today as it was then . On last nite's fab performance away at Newcastle Town , the Rams should definitely make the play-offs , but the key question is that can they become the Champions ? That's the $64,000 dollar question ! Can we rein in Atherton Coll's ? as we have no ' six-pointers ' against them as have played them home and away , and now have no direct influence over them , and have now to leave it to other teams to take points off them . As things stand 2day the Coll's are 11 points ahead of us , but we have two games in hand on them , so in theory we can reduce the points gap to 5 . Let's not forget following the restructuring of the League's , only the Champions are assured of promotion to the Premier Division. So it follows that we need Coll's to have a lean patch , whilst we win every game . Can it be done ? May be a lap of the God's jobby , but personally think it well on the cards , and wouldn't it look good - RAMSBOTTOM UNITED - LEAGUE CHAMPIONS - EVO-STIK DIV 1 WEST
Come on u Mighty Rams

ALSO - one of Trafford's top strikers - Arron Burns - has left to join Radcliffe FC
Last Edit: 1 month 20 hours ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 1 month 7 hours ago #11284

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
No doubt all Evo-Stik Div 1 West eye's will b on our away performance and result at Trafford , with an occasional glance of progress at Cables and Linnets fixtures . Co-incidental that Newcastle Town were at Trafford last Saturday and won 0 - 2. On the strength of that result , it should be a ' given ' that The Mighty Rams will pick up all 3 points , but nothing AT ALL is a given in our League ! If the strength of ' the bench ' is a good indicator of the strength of the team on the field , then The Rams must have one mighty strong team. I mean WHAT ! ! ! - the likes of ROTHER , ELLISON , DONALDSON , RUBES , and JASON CAREY , on the ACTUAL BENCH ! ! !

Roll on Saturday - can't wait to see them RED SHIRTS again. Have we ever been beaten wearing those fab red shirts since the new Management arrived ? We've only been beaten 3 times , with two losses at home being Linnets and Coll's [ so a blue kit jobby ] ,
and away at Fylde when wearing Fylde socks ?? and our blue shirts & shorts ? Is that right ?? So it naturally follows that our Red shirts ARE unbeaten .

COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 3 weeks 6 days ago #11286

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Strangely enough I was about to post how immaculate the pitch was at Trafford for our earlier FA Trophy tie.
I thought I'd just check Rammy Twitter out firstly , and blow me down with a feather , there is a tweet up with photo of the pitch today which looks just as immaculate . If Adrian Halliwell is the Groundkeeper at Trafford , I think we should all put him forward for Evo-Stik Northern Premier League - Groundsperson of the Year 2018 - 2019. Also nice , big , and flat pitch , similar to Newcastle Town , so should be just dandy for a BRILL passing side like us , with two rockin wingers.
COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 3 weeks 5 days ago #11288

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Just bin avin a shufty on Trafford's Website and found out they ended up with only 9 players on the pitch [ 2 players red carded ] last Saturday against Newcastle Town at home , losing the game 0 - 2. Looks like they're gonna have a depleted squad for our visit there tmoz , especially after losing their star striker and hitman - Arron Burns to our rivals at Radcliffe FC

#goodtimetogothere?

COYR

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 3 weeks 4 days ago #11289

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Another very impressive away win , and yet another clean sheet . How good is that !
The Rams now up to 5th spot and in the play-offs zone. The game seemed pretty Even-Steven to me for the first 20 mins or so , and at that stage , thought we would have to work really hard to get something out of the game. Thought Trafford were a big side [ in stature ] , but seemed to lack a ' playmaker ' to stitch and weave it all together for them , whereas The Rams have at least two playmakers in TK and the ever-improving Mr Donaldson , and maybe four playmakers if u include Messrs Rother and Moran , but Jamie and Steady Eddie , more in the mould of mid-field dynamos rather than mid-field General's , but then again u may think differently ?
Was impressed with Trafford's Number 3 [ Left Back ] and the strength and distance achieved 4rm their Goalkeepers kicks out of his box , which caused problems 4us early doors . As for The Rams , another stunning free-kick 4rm Tom Kennedy , and me somewhat surprised that Trafford hadn't learnt or remembered that TK scored a cracking free-kick against them in our FA Trophy win at their place , earlier in the season. Also good gate too at 416.
Lastly , well pleased for Jamie Rainford on the score-sheet yet again , and already b4 this match , in the Top 10 goalscorers in our Division.

COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 3 weeks 4 days ago #11291

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Have to agree that the first 15mins was pretty even but I saw Trafford lose discipline and focus whereas we were strong in every department with Chris barking out instructions to Eddie and others to ensure we were first to every tackle. It was impressive to hear the encouragement of our manager and the team respond well to his tactics. Without wanting to single any player out for MOM I have to say that Rother was on top of his game and his eagerness to get to the opposition and then deliver the right pass was good to watch. A thoroughly enjoyable day at the office!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 3 weeks 3 days ago #11295

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Totally agree with Jamie Rother as MOTM @ Trafford, very impressive performance on his old stomping ground.
Strange to say in a 4-0 victory, but I didn't think we were @ our fluent attacking best?
Free Kick aside I thought our Captain had one of his poorer games & Irywah didn't have the impact from the bench I thought he would.
It underlines just how far the team has come under CW's management that I offer these "criticisms" whilst we are romping up the table!! :woohoo:

PS: According to Summerseat's finest Culinary Critic, Trafford lost their "Best Pies in the EvoStik" title on Saturday, however he reckons they are still far superior to Fylde's! :lol:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by BroxBlue.

RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD F. C. 3 weeks 2 days ago #11296

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Would never argue against 'Super Jamie Rother' as MOM, but UkePunk gave a shout out for Kyle Jacobs as MOM, which I thought fair enough, and think he has been an excellent addition at right back.

I also mentioned on the journey home that I was a little disappointed and could have won by more than 4-0 against a hard working Trafford, but as Brox says this shows the leaps forward we have made in such a short space of time. And, anyone think we would have won this game last season? Not me

As for the pies, I had a chicken balti one which wasn't too bad and also thought the Fylde cheese and onion was a tasty little morsel. I'm assuming Summerseat's answer to Michel Roux has higher standards than me :silly:
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds