Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: OFF THE FIELD - FA TROPHY

OFF THE FIELD - FA TROPHY 2 months 3 weeks ago #11292

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
OFF THE FIELD - FA TROPHY

I was going to ask a friend of mine to Tweet my best wishes and good luck as a ' Rammy fan ' to AFC Fylde in their replay at Barnet this week. However , having checked out the Fylde Website , I now realise that Fylde went through on pen's 4 - 1 after extra-time , and are now just one game away from Wembley . Nice one ! - gotta support ' Northern ' teams in a National competition , so good luck to Stockport also in their replay at Maidstone .
If Fylde get to the final , they may do a story of ' HOW THEY GOT THERE ' which you would think would include The Rams , so may get a ' mention ' in the lead up to the final. We'll have to wait and see , but presume the Semi-Finals draw will be today - Monday.

I wouldn't mind betting that we are the only team to put 5 past them this season , or last , and were beating Fylde TWICE ! ! in the Competition [ 5 - 4 & 0 - 1 ] so mIght get some complimentary tickets for Wembley from their Chairman - Mr Haythornthwaite . Maybe . .

Would certainly travel down to support them .

Hackers

LATE EXTRA
AFC Fylde will play either Stockport County or Maidstone United in their Semi-Final .
In the other Semi-Final AFC Telford will play Orient.

LATE , LATE EXTRA
AFC Fylde will play Stockport County in the Semi-Final both home and away as semi's are two legged affairs.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

OFF THE FIELD - FA TROPHY 1 month 4 weeks ago #11376

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Bringing this posting back from the dead , as news is that AFC Fylde will play Leyton Orient at Wembley in the FA Trophy Final on Sunday the 19th May 2019 , having won away at Stockport County 2 - 3 , with Fylde's winner coming in the 89th minute of play. All very relevant and connected to Rammy United by reason of our epic 5 - 5 draw with them , especially when we were leading them 5 - 4 . Also good for us to say that we were knocked out of The FA Trophy by one of the finalists , and who knows , maybe the eventual winners. If AFC Fylde were to be victorious at the Twin Towers that would be a tremendous achievement for them , and would really put the icing on the cake with cherries on top for our fabulous FA Trophy journey , as then we could say we were only beaten by the eventual winners being AFC Fylde , and wish them all the very best for the 19th . COYC - Come On You Coasters !
Also curious to know if their Chairman [ Mr. Haythornthwaite ] will invite our Chairman and guests to the Wembley Final ? as I would most certainly travel down to support them , subsidised or not , because they are a ' Lancashire ' team . Also if a lot of Fylde fans have now departed and returned to Bloomfield Road to follow Blackpool , now that the Oystons have gone , Fylde may well welcome some extra support on the day at Wembley , as the O's will have thousands there in their own back yard so to speak , as the anticipated gate on National Non-League Day is 44,000 , and how many of them will travel down from the North ?
Hackers
Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds