Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS HOME TO WIDNES

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 4 weeks ago #11294

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Widnes currently in 13th spot in the League.
Saturday could prove another good day for The Rams , with Colne away @ Coll's , Linnets away @ Kidsgrove , and Cables away @ Mossley .
Best scenario is we thump Colne tmoz nite , and Colne get so angry and revved up that they go to Coll's on Saturday and wipe the floor with them . That'd b just dandy.
Like Jamie Rainford tweets - things just heating up nicely.

COYR

#insomniarulesok

LATE EXTRA
" is we thump Colne tmoz nite ,
DOH ! !

LATE , LATE EXTRA
Just checked out Widnes Website , and Widnes away strip is all yellow and identical to Colne's away strip !
Looks like we're doomed already ! :lol: :lol:
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 3 weeks ago #11299

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Fans Forums are all about personal opinions of which there are going 2b many and varied.
Whilst well beaten at home by Colne on Tuesday nite , my view is that we relied far to heavily on TK to be our playmaker , and despite Tom having a good game , he can't do it all himself . I thought things improved for the Rams when Tony & Ryan came on , as we seemed more fluent across the whole width of the pitch , rather than being so predictable and passing to Tom all the time. There's no doubt Tony can be our second playmaker and make things happen and is often fouled with resultant free-kicks. Would play Tony and Ryan for the full ninety against Widnes , and this should help bring Jamie Rainford more into the game , as he's a hitman and goal-poacher and not a flippin right-winger ! - as he's an out and out No 9 and centre-crash .
COYR
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 2 weeks ago #11300

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Just not what the Doctor ordered !

Disappointing gate @ 147

Disappointing game

Disappointing result

Amazing results elsewhere though in Div 1 West

Anything to remember for The Rams ??? Yep , avoid all teams who play away in full yellow strips !!! :silly:

MOTM - The Widnes goalkeeper

Men of the Match - the Widnes defence - just resolute for the full ninety

CONCLUSION - JUST A SHITE DAY AT THE OFFICE

BUT - STILL COYR
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 2 weeks ago #11301

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Has the cup run taken it's toll?.. we simply don't become a poor side overnight so that's my theory. Also, just maybe they worked out how to stifle our play and this provides them with more opportunities. Widnes and Colne both charged at our defence and we have struggled to deal with pace.
Hopefully we can put these defeats behind us and push on.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 2 weeks ago #11302

• UkePunk
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Another bad day at the office. Ah well, you can't win em all.
Colne we're great and did a proper job on us in that first half. Widnes were possibly the worst team I've seen at the Riverside.
That's football.
Blip over, let's move on.
Remember to be thankful it's not Mark Fell football..

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 2 weeks ago #11303

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 155
Well said gents. I agree with all of the above.

It was disappointing when Tony went off as he brings a different, more creative, dimension to the team in my opinion. It seems like nearly every player is underperforming just a little compared with what we've come to expect from them. No individual player is responsible but in the last few games there have been way more misplaced or underhit passes than usual, leading to fewer goals.

Anyway, the good news is we now have 3 away games which, based on current league stats, should be more likely to result in 3 points. In the "Willcock Era" - Home W 4 D2 L4 Away W 8 D 1 L 0

Come on You Rams!

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 2 weeks ago #11305

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Have to agree with what LK says. Over the past months, the players have raised their game for that fantastic FAT cup run. Now that this is over, perhaps the players have found it difficult to keep that level of performance going and gone a bit 'Flat'. Colne exposed this with a clinical performance.

Up to date, we have not had a blip under Chris Willcock, which all teams have at some point. There are 10 games remaining and we are still in the mix. Can we get over this blip; of course we can. Having no mid-week match will allow a bit more recovery time before we take on Clitheroe on Saturday. Good teams don't become bad overnight. A win will work wonders. I'm sure the management team will turn this round and get us back on track.

COYR

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 2 weeks ago #11312

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Was looking forward to seeing our video of the Widnes goal to see how it came about , OR , am I missing something here and 2019 is bringing in a whole ' new wave ' of match coverage to capture the ' atmosphere ' of the game at The Riverside , and hence bollocks to the goal as it's now irrelevant to film coverage and the ' Rammy Story '.
New one on me !!
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 2 weeks ago #11313

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hackers, I spoke to the Young Man who's doing the filming before the Colne game to thank him for his efforts & to ask why he was concentrating on the "atmospheric" stuff.
He explained that he was having to film it in this manner as his current camera hasn't got +90mins battery life so he can't film the game as a whole.
He went on to say that when he gets the requisite gear (which I'm guessing isn't cheap ?) he fully intends to film the Match in it's entirety from the gantry.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by BroxBlue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES 5 months 1 week ago #11314

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
BroxBlue - much obliged for ur explanation. It explains a lot . Seems 2me that Bobby is a cheerful and enthusiastic lad that wants to do well. In times past , Evo-Stik via Pitchero provided all Clubs with video cameras for free. I wonder if we can ask the League for another one to help Bobby along the way , or maybe the Club itself , or the Supporters Group Funds could assist in upgrading his equipment . I'll mention it to Darkside as Chairman/Chairperson of the Supporters Group and LK also at our Clitheroe fixture this weekend.
Cheers,

Hackers
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds