Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Run-In

The Run-In 2 months 2 weeks ago #11307

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Although we have lost our last 2 matches, other results have "sort of" gone our way and the opportunity to at least make the play-offs is definitely there.
At first glance, there is nothing we can do about Atherton Collieries, but they have games against Radcliffe, Leek Town and Trafford; and we have a game in hand - so anything is possible.
As for Radcliffe, Runcorn Linnets and Mossley, although they are 5, 5 & 3 points ahead of us at the moment, we have to play each of them again and with a game in hand, there is the possibility of "gaining" 6 points on all three of them.
We can do nothing about Leek Town, Colne, Trafford or Colwyn Bay, having already played each of them twice, but with points and games in hand on the latter two, they don't seem to be an immediate threat,
That can't be said for Leek Town and Colne. Being tied with them at the moment and having taken just 1 point from the 4 games against them - they are definite threats. That said, all 3 of us have difficult games to complete our fixtures.
It has been said that "Football is a funny old game", so COYR!
We know that you have got what it takes, so win the games and see what happens!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Run-In 2 months 1 week ago #11308

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Nice one Statto - a good insight into the next 10 games and final run-in.
The West Div. is most certainly getting packed tight at the top. I'm pretty sure The Rams got into the play-offs under the Jonno & Bern era on goal difference , and pipped of all teams Lancaster City ! to the post. Goal Difference could also well play it's part this season also. The Rams currently in 6th spot on points , but if u listed a Top 10 Team mini-league 4rm Atherton down to Colwyn Bay on GD only , you would find The Rams in 4th spot , with Coll's at No. 1 . Most interesting to note whereas as Rams GD is +28 , Trafford's is only +4 , and Linnets not all that much better at +10.
Roll on Saturday , and some decent weather please.

For info only , and just based on Goal Difference alone , the Top Ten would look like this :-
GD
Coll's +40
Leek +33
Radcliffe +32
Rams +28
Mossley +18
Colne +17
Prescot +17
Colwyn +15
Linnets +10
Kidsgrove +8

Notes - positions given at time of posting - 07/03/19
- Trafford FC - not in Top Ten !

COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Hackers.

The Run-In 2 months 1 week ago #11311

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Could be a good idea to stick with Statto's ' The Run-In ' thread , and create some interest and ' fun ' for all , if we start to post our predictions as to how things might end up at the season's end . No doubt there would be some crazy predictions made that would give us all a good belly laugh , as to the Top 5 finishing league places , and further some play-off predictions for semi's and final , and would particularly like to hear 4rm our double poster , not being Darkside of course.
Go on n dip ur bread , and put ur head above the parapet. I know my Top 5 in running order now , but gonna keep my powder dry for a while, Come on ewe punters.

The Run-In 2 months 1 week ago #11329

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I note that Coll's beat Leek Town 2 - 1 last night Monday 11th. Certainly a good result for The Rams in terms of play-off places , but in terms of The Rams becoming League Champions , you just wonder which teams can take points off Coll's , as it's well out of our hands having already played Coll's both home and away .
Not necessarily in the right order at the moment , but my Top Five teams are Coll's, Radcliffe, Linnets, Rams, and Colne - won't be far out !
COYR

The Run-In 2 months 1 week ago #11330

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
No easy games in this League , and Chasetown no exception to that rule. Gonna be a very tough away game , and The Rams will have to be on top of their game to come away with all 3 points. Interesting to see the rest of the fixtures for our Division with Radcliffe away @ Colne , Leek away @ Cables , Mossley away @ Colwyn Bay. As for Coll's and Linnets , I think they are both certs to win their games. Also we play again this coming Tuesday nite away at Droylsden , so 6 points on offer to The Rams in four days and no other games in our Div on Tuesday. Just hope we can bring home the bacon 4rm our two away games , and that Radcliffe get turned over at Colne , and the other results go our way.
COYR

The Run-In 2 months 6 days ago #11334

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Coming up soonish is a ' season defining ' Saturday [ 30/03 ] when The Rams away @ Linnets , and Coll's entertain Radcliffe FC on the same day.
Rams have a game in hand over Coll's and if Rams win that one , we will be still 6 points behind Coll's in the League.
Looks 2me like the Championship is Coll's to lose , but let's see how things stand when the final whistles are blown on Saturday 30th March .
COYR

The Run-In 2 months 6 days ago #11335

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Leek lost at Atherton on Monday so our fate is now firmly in our own hands, as long as we keep winning (easier said than done!) we'll be in a playoff spot come the end of the season.

Just a quick thought, for me the Radcliffe and Runcorn Linnets games are 6 pointers and will be season defining for us, if we can win those two games we are firmly in the promotion mix! COYR

The Run-In 1 month 3 weeks ago #11364

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Most unfortunate that Ryan has been banned following our away game at Chasetown . It seems he's gonna miss the Cables , Newcastle , Linnets , and Droylsden fixtures , but will be back for Mossley , Radcliffe , and last game of season being Kidsgrove . We will most certainly miss his competitive nature and battling style , but some relief in that he'll be back for both Mossley & the crunch derby game away at Radcliffe.
COYR
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

The Run-In 1 month 3 weeks ago #11382

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
One for deletion.

The Run-In 1 month 3 weeks ago #11383

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
One for Statto here. If we all read ' The Bootiful Game ' tweet on our Twitter account [ dated March 11th ] it tells us all that at our Step , only 5 out of 7 Divisional Play-Off Winners will get promoted , and 2 will lose out and NOT get promotion. What concerns me most here is that teams will know before the Play-Offs start , their PPG rating , and even if they win their particular Divisional final , they won't be promoted . I think this detracts from the whole Play-Off ethos , and takes the fun and excitement away , with teams just having to go through the motions and grin and bear it . However , teams that miss out , would still have the kudos of being ' Runners Up '. Also , it looks like the demise of North Ferriby will result in another basement team being saved from relegation from the Premier League , and what about cases like Colwyn Bay who are returning to the Welsh League . Rubik Cube over to you Statto.
Cheers
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds