Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Run-In

The Run-In 3 months 2 weeks ago #11419

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Just for general info.
PPG ratio's for all 3rd place teams in all 7 comparison Leagues/Divisions directly following our away win at Linnets.
ps - not in any particular order.
HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS 2.0303
CHESHUNT 1.9091
HORSHAM 1.9375
CORBY 2.0606
MONEYFIELDS 1.9394
OSSETT 1.7879
THE RAMS 1.8824
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Run-In 3 months 1 week ago #11448

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Coll's back on top after beating Newcastle Town 4 - 1 at home last night [ Mon 8th April ]
Tonight - Tuesday 9th , it's Bay -vs- Mossley and also Cables at home to Leek . Here's hoping both results go our way and the pack gets shuffled in our favour , as expect Colne to wallop Skem tonight and boost their goal difference . Currently and before tonight's game goal difference is Rams +36 , and Colne +21 - they're not gonna score 16 tonight to better ours .
COYR

LATE EXTRA
Well , Well , it couldn't get much worse than that as all our rivals won their games , and the play-off pot gets even hotter , but at least Cables must be out of the frame now , and Colne didn't do their goal difference much good by only winning 1 - 0 . Think its a case now of perm any 4 from 6 for the play-offs , with Coll's the Champions , and now Cables sunk beyond trace as far as the play-offs are concerned .
All of this , makes our next home game against Mossley a much BIGGER game for the Rams than our away fixture at Radcliffe , as you would already expect Radcliffe to make the play-offs . Just a hunch on my part , but think that goal difference will play its part again in determining whether the Rams make the play-offs or not . It's that ' tight ' at the top of the league , that it'll soon be Squeaky Bum time starting this calendar year on the 20th April 2019 AD in the year of our Lord .

Furthermore , if this Saturday's results [ 13th April ] go according to form , then the Rams will drop down to 5th place , being also overtaken by Leek on goal difference , with Mossley and Colne breathing down our necks ! That's how vital is has become to sink Mossley at The Riverside . However , the good news is Ryan our key central-defender is now eligible to play in the Mossley game , and that's a big boost for everyone . COYR
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Hackers.

The Run-In 3 months 1 week ago #11454

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Your right Hackers we have a very tough run in with Mossley then Radcliffe and the very much inform Kidsgrove.. let's hope for some upsets tomorrow

The Run-In 3 months 1 week ago #11455

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Cheers Big Jim , and yep 3 Big games to look forward to , and an exciting end to the season for all , and just hope we make the play-offs . As Statto remarks from time to time ' football can be a funny old game ' and can throw up many surprise results , but at the moment with all 6 contenders with the bit fully between their teeth , and going hell for leather to score goals and pick up maximum points , I just can't see any key results going our way today Saturday , and still expect The Rams to be in 5th spot come 16.45 today . However , I'm sure Chris & Diego will know more about this than us , and have every faith in them to get us over the line and into the play-offs , whether it be in positions 2 , 3 , 4 , or 5 , as 4 and 5 will play their semi-finals away , and that may well suit us due to our terrific form ' on the road ' .
COYR

ps - Are any Rammy fans thinking of going up to watch Colne play Radcliffe next Tuesday night the 16th April ?

LATE EXTRA
Well no joy for the Mighty Rams yesterday , as all six of the top eight teams who played yesterday won all their games , and the only consolation being that Colne won by a solitary goal which doesn't do much to improve their goal difference as opposed to ours. It strikes me that Colne can't play the team they would like to field with players having work commitments , and maybe ' resting ' , or an injury to the grease lightning Curran who was sub yesterday , but however did come on late to score the winner . It all makes for a great tussle against Radcliffe come Tuesday night , and with our very own Billy Priestley and Curran in the starting line-up would back Colne to win , but without them both can only see a drawn game at most for Colne . Should be a ' cracker ' though . Non-League at its very BEST !

The Run-In 3 months 1 week ago #11456

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 3
Just been looking at the predicted final table on Football Web Pages which has the mighty Rams finishing 7th- my personal opinion is that they will finish one place higher (they have Mossley placed in 6th).
They have Colls as champions, Radcliffe as runners up followed by Leek, Colne then Runcorn- think Runcorn will end up one place higher than Colne. It's all in the melting pot. Will be interesting to see how far they (and i) are out on the final standings (hopefully at least two places) in our case.

The Run-In 3 months 1 week ago #11457

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Maxibo - where have you been lately ?
I've not seen the ' Football Web Pages ' and wouldn't know how to find them anyway. As for their predictions as to end of season final placings , I can agree with Coll's as Championes , but as for the rest , and in true Lancashire parlance , think the other predictions are a ' load of old cobblers ' .
How's about this for reality ;-
Coll's
Rad
Linnets
Leek
Mighty Rams

I've now deleted Colne from my last Top 5 , as I didn't know at the time that Colne had issues with key suspensions , work commitments for players , and injuries , so have done well to win their last 2 home games , albeit both 1 - 0 .
As for Mossley , we can cook their goose next Saturday , so that will be ' end of ' for them .
As for Cables , they exited the play-off race when they only recently lost at home to Leek . Done and dusted !

COYR

COYR

The Run-In 3 months 1 week ago #11458

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 3
Manically busy Hackers, been doing lots of 13/14 hour days and working weekends as well- never ever known there to be as much work about- pockets are bulging so at least all worthwhile. Toying with giving myself bank holiday Monday off to take in the Radcliffe game- may see you there. Re FWP if you go to our league and bring up "full league table" it then gives you an option in the drop down of predicted table.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

The Run-In 3 months 1 week ago #11459

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Things are going to be tight, without doubt, but the end situation is in our own hands.

If we win our next 3 matches, we can't be overtaken by any of the teams currently below us, although Colne could draw level on points if they win all 4 of their remaining matches.
However, we would have a goal difference of at least +39 (If three 1-0 wins) and Colne would have to win their 4 matches with a +17 (or more) goal difference.

Also, if we win all our matches and Colne win all theirs, Radcliffe would have to win their other 2 matches (away at Colwyn Bay & Chasetown) to stay ahead of us both and could be vunerable to missing a play-off place.

Lots of ifs, buts, whys and wherefores - but it all makes for a very interesting Run-in.
Hackers, I may be able to go to Colne on Tuesday but will be in contact.

COYR! COYR!! COYR!!! COYR!!!!

The Run-In 3 months 1 week ago #11460

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Nice one Statto . Yep , think we should take a Rammy Posse up Harrison Drive for the match . Think best to go incognito like an SAS mission and black up a bit , so no blue and white scarves and vuvuzela's , and no shouts of ' shoot ' or ' Come on you Rams ' as otherwise we might get fingered and sussed out and blow our cover ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol: Also , will get my car windows tinted , and camouflage the Merc best I can - oh what a giveaway ! Doh . Also because in effect its a secret spying and nosey-ing mission , I think best to have a ' password ' on the night , and suggest ' COCKER ' in recognition of our long-serving and most illustrious Chairman , but let's keep that a secret between all Rammy attendees and under wraps . Clever eh !

LATE EXTRA
Well there will be a Rammy Posse up Colne tonight for this big match - at least 2 of us , and maybe 3 if Statto can make it . We won't be blarting anything out though as don't wanna get on the wrong side of the ' Red Army ' . Maybe best result for The Rams is a drawn game , but if Colne's starting line-up includes our Billy Priestley , and Curran , then I think Colne will shade it , which is not good news for The Rams !
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by Hackers.

The Run-In 3 months 5 days ago #11468

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 202
1 spare seat for Colne tonight if any of you punks fancy a trip
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds