Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11318

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Chasetown currently in 14th spot in the League , and had no game yesterday , so should be really fresh for our Saturday fixture against them . No easy games etc. etc.
Me thinks that Chasetown being in Cannock Chase area ?? is the furthest away Ground from the Riverside , and need to know , whether or not this is a M6 ' TOLL ' jobby ??.
Also , The Rams have now along with Coll's the best away record that covers both Div's 1 West and East , and it could be argued in the whole of the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League as both Farsley and Warrington have lost more away games , but won more and played more away games - a case of ' spinning ' the statistics , or ' lies , damn lies , and statistics ' . :silly:
COYR

Running a coach maybe ???
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11320

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
On paper, this game should be "a cracker" with Chasetown undefeated in their 5 games at home since Christmas, [scoring 13 and conceding 2 - Ratio 6.5 to 1], whilst "The Rams" are undefeated in our 11 games away from home (in the league) since the middle of September, [scoring 33 and conceding 5 - Ratio 6.6 to 1].
Not sure yet whether I will be able to make the journey, but if I can't, I'll be shouting at the Twitter feed.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11321

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hackers wrote:

Running a coach maybe ???

A 200 mile round trip and the last chance of running a Rammy Rocket this season. The perfect opportunity to thank the supporters who have traveled far and wide, to the likes of Yaxley and Weymouth for midweek fixtures, so surely we will be running a coach to the game? And lets not forget that many of these supporters have stood by the club through some really dire seasons in recent years

But, no there is no coach to Chasetown next Saturday. Well, bollocks to that and I, and several others, wont be going and having our support taken for granted :angry:

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11322

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
Darkside wrote

But, no there is no coach to Chasetown next Saturday. Well, bollocks to that and I, and several others, wont be going and having our support taken for granted :angry:[/quote]

When will you all learn!........
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by jimmacdonald.

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11323

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmmmmm - if no coach this coming Saturday then us forummies need to know the reason why.
It could turn out that the players themselves want to travel in their own cars , and this has happened recently when they had a players nite out . However , if this is the Club being tight with it's money and therefore a cost saving exercise , then I think we need to speak directly to the Chairman , but also we would need to know how many supporters would travel by coach to Chasetown , as we already know it's quite a distance , but we also know that coaches come in different sizes ! Need to sort this one early doors , as I for one would use the coach.

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11324

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
To my knowledge the players are travelling down under their own steam so it makes no financial sense to run a coach from the Chairman's perspective, although it wont stop some people from making ill-informed comments assuming that my original post was a dig at Harry :lol:

Of course, the players are free to travel to the game however they want, just as we are free to take our support to whichever ground we feel like. It would just have been nice to take this final opportunity to have all traveled together

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11325

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
From the Darkside wrote:
To my knowledge the players are travelling down under their own steam so it makes no financial sense to run a coach from the Chairman's perspective, although it wont stop some people from making ill-informed comments assuming that my original post was a dig at Harry :lol:

Of course, the players are free to travel to the game however they want, just as we are free to take our support to whichever ground we feel like. It would just have been nice to take this final opportunity to have all traveled together

Ill-informed comments? Really
Prey do tell, who were you criticising. It seemed very obvious but then on reflection and hindsight we can all change our minds eh!

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11326

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I would hate to think that ' away days ' aboard the Rammy Rocket have come to an end , but can see both sides of the argument. I remember distinctly talking to our Chairman outside the clubhouse at Whitby in seasons past , when I was told of the cost to the Club of hiring a coach for the day , and was astonished then by the high cost. It most certainly is a long day for the coach driver who when eventually gets back to the Depot has to clean the coach out for the following day and most likely change of driver. However , we do know that coaches come in different sizes , and it still may be possible to reach some middle ground with regard to transport to Chasetown , which I still believe is the furthest away ground for us , and when the fixtures were first announced by the League seemed a dead-ringer to me for an ' away day ' . The Rammy faithful have really done a load of private mileage this season to support the Club away from home with Frickley , Yaxley , Workington , springing to mind . Is this a time now where the Club gives back to it's fans ? The difficulty here is that if the players are adamant that they want the ' flexibility ' of making their own arrangements to set off later and get home earlier then who can blame them . In order to move forward and progress the issue with regard to Chasetown travel , what needs to be known early doors is just how many supporters would wish to travel by coach and pay their £12 so that you can estimate how big of a ' hit ' the Club would have to take and book down as a write off and ' loss leader ' , and would a midi-coach be the answer to take the ' sting ' out of it all ? You tell me ! It strikes me as a question of ' goodwill ' .

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11327

• jimmacdonald
  • Elite Member
Forgive me Hackers but didn't the club just make 30k+ from the FA TROPHY!!!!

RAMS AWAY AT CHASETOWN 2 months 1 week ago #11328

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Big Jim ,
Your reply hits the nail on the head ' TOP DEAD CENTRE ' , but on this occasion I'm avoiding the money trap , as when I talk money it always seems to backfire on me one way or the other , so will leave it to other forummies to have their say . Either way , we'll very soon find out what ' goodwill ' exists towards the loyal fans , within the Club itself and 4rm the ' King ' who dwells in his Counting House . Really look forward to this one !!

LATE EXTRA
Just as an aside , it's highly unlikely that we'll be travelling down to Colwyn Bay again , as they've made application to re-join the Welsh League , so no more seagulls and pasties - shame really.

Also , only 9 games left now , and I'm sure the Management & Players appreciate the travelling support they get. If at the end of this week it's still a ' no coach to Chasetown ' scenario , which would be ' poor form ' 2me , then the only other opportunity that fit's the bill , would be away at Runcorn Linnets .

Now here comes the naughty bit. You could say that none of all this has anything to do with the Manager , and 4me that would be a ' cop out ' on his part . Naturally , the Manager would just go along with the players wishes with regard to travel arrangements to away games , and the Chairman simply goes along with what the Manager decides.
However , the Manager does have the AUTHORITY AND POWER to stand firm on the odd occasion and put his foot down and tell all the players they'll be travelling on the coach along with the supporters who will gladly stump up the £12 quid travel cost. At the end of the day , if there is no coach to a ' big game ' at Linnets , then that is a real ' kick in the teeth ' for the loyal supporters , and a big cop out by the Manager himself also just standing aside and saying nowt so as to not upset and cause friction with the Chairman , when the big picture is The Rams would benefit 4rm taking a goodly and noisy following to cheer the team on and get them over the line for this massive 6 pointer.

LATE EXTRA
As regards Ryan's sending off , might make sense 4 The Rams to contact Pamela Mullins @ Chasetown Football Club , who captured the match action on camera , which just might get Ryan off the hook for his straight red. Must be worth a tel call to Pam.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Hackers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds