Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Congrats and Well Done (Play-Offs).

Congrats and Well Done (Play-Offs). 2 months 3 weeks ago #11496

• Carlsbergx10
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
‪Well Done Rammy, Play-Off Place confirmed, a nice tasty semi-final in prospect vs Radcliffe Fc..Away. should be a belter of a crowd on Tuesday..‬
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Carlsbergx10.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Congrats and Well Done-Play-Offs. 2 months 3 weeks ago #11497

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 3
Won one, Drawn two, Lost three is our record against fellow play off contenders. Great result today in respect of opposition for semi final, Radcliffe are weakest (in my opinion) of teams left. Leek away on a Tuesday/Wednesday evening would be a big ask- and Colne, we just cant beat them.

Congrats and Well Done-Play-Offs. 2 months 3 weeks ago #11498

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Well done for making the playoffs Rams, wonderful job by all involved.
Feel like.a moaning old Git saying this,
I hope that the 2 points we threw away do not come back to haunt us.
They could make all the difference IF we emerge from our playoff quest victorious? I'll be there Tuesday night COYR.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by BroxBlue.

Congrats and Well Done-Play-Offs. 2 months 3 weeks ago #11499

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Looks like Kidsgrove's equaliser could be a blessing in disguise for The Rams . Had we won the game , we would have had to travel down to Leek come Tuesday night , for the play-off semi-final . Instead of us , it's Colne that will travel down . Much prefer a quick hop over to Radcliffe , and fancy our chances to play away yet again on the Saturday 4th May . All looks to me with Colne back up to full strength and beyond with Billy Priestley back , that it's gonna be a Colne -v- Rams Play-Off Final next Sat afty up Colne .

COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

Congrats and Well Done Play-Offs. 2 months 3 weeks ago #11500

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Great achievement to make the playoffs considering where we were in the league when Chris took over. Alongside the brilliant cup run, it caps off what has been a very good season for us - well done to everyone involved.

BUT..... this is going to sound harsh after what we have just achieved, but I thought we let ourselves down massively in the 2nd half today. We were really poor, playing at a low tempo and lots of misplaced passes; asking for trouble which eventually amounted to us conceding a last minute equalizer. Disappointing after the way we played in the first half, scoring two great goals. It feels like a defeat to me, and we will have to improve on Tuesday if we are to stand a chance of beating Radcliffe who have an impressive record on their own patch.

Having said all of that, I still believe this team is full of quality and when we turn up we are a match for anyone in this league. So lets hope on Tuesday that the boys give it everything and we have no regrets.... COYR

Congrats and Well Done-Play-Offs. 2 months 3 weeks ago #11501

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Forget the "blessing in disguise Hackers", because of the 2 lost points. Our Points per Game average has taken a hit and that could become an issue as the story unfolds.

Congrats and Well Done (Play-Offs). 2 months 3 weeks ago #11502

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
TT - Well I can't fault your logic as The Rams finish with 72 points and qualify for the play-offs for a second time in 5th place only , and again on superior goal difference . My view is still that I'd rather play Radcliffe away than Leek away in the semi-final as I think we would struggle away at Leek . After all for PPG to rear its ugly head , you've gotta win the play-offs in the first instance before any PPG comparisons are made with the other 6 Divisions . Will 72 points do the trick for The Rams ? - well it could do . It strikes me that PPG only features because a Team in the Isthmian League South East Division being Thamesmead Town have had their record expunged and therefore it puts the 4 teams in their play-offs at a direct disadvantage as they can only count up points from a reduced 36 games , whereas all other 6 Divisions play 38 games .
If all 7 Divisions had played 38 games as designed to do , then you could chuck PPG out of the window as it would be irrelevant and just points gained would then rule , and when teams have equal points their PPG would be identical so why bother with PPG ratios as they over-complicate the issue. If some of the 7 play-off winners have equal points , then you could go head to head comparisons , but none of the winners would ever have played each other , so maybe next goals scored , or number of wins , or goal difference to pick the 5 out of 7 teams to be promoted to their respective Premier Divisions.
COYR

Congrats and Well Done-Play-Offs. 2 months 3 weeks ago #11503

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Correct to point out that Thamesmeade withdrew, leaving teams with only 36 matches to count on. However, despite this, 3 of that Divisions qualifying clubs still have a better average than the Rams.

Nothing is impossible, but there will still be the need to see the removal of a few high average teams in these play offs. We are currently 18th (assuming my maths is correct) out of the 28 P/O teams

What I do agree with, is that there will be twists and turns happening and that is what we must capitalize on.

COYR

Congrats and Well Done (Play-Offs). 2 months 3 weeks ago #11504

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
First of all, well done to all the players and staff for achieving the play-offs and bringing entertaining football back to the Riverside.
Spot on with your maths TT, we are indeed placed 18th in the "table".
Commiserations to Sutton Coldfield, Bedford Town and Haywards Heath Town who fall foul of the ridiculous situation and cannot mathematically be promoted even if they win their play-offs.
That leaves just 7 other clubs between us and the same situation which will become a little clearer on Tuesday night.
All we can do now is win our games and hope for the best.

Congrats and Well Done (Play-Offs). 2 months 3 weeks ago #11505

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Nice one Statto . One thing for sure is that we compare well with our own Div 1 East .
It's ended up as far as the play-offs are concerned thus ;-
Ossett 67 points
Sheffield 69 points
Brighouse 71 points

The Rams as we now know have ended up on 72 points . The only team which is the fly in the ointment is Pontefract Coll's , who finished in 2nd spot with 76 points . Pontefract Collieries have already crapped on the Rams from a great height when they turned us over in a pre-season friendly at their place , and as favourites to win the play-offs must therefore have the opportunity to do a big ' double dump ' on The Rams .
Come On You Ossetts , Sheffielders , and Brighousers .

Also , there was a rumour several months ago that the FA had relented somewhat and seemed to be saying that 6 of the 7 play-off winners would go up , thus only 1 team losing out . Anyone remember this and can update ?

COYR
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds