Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SAM & THOMMO

SAM & THOMMO 3 months 1 day ago #11532

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Am really sad to see both Sam Ashton and Luke Thommo leave The Rams for pastures new . Both these guys have been fantastic , loyal players and 100% committed to the Rammy cause. How do you replace players of this top quality ? That's a hard ask for Chris and Lee to do . Am curious to know just what lucky teams have managed to get their signatures . For Sam , can only think FC United , and for Luke can only think FC United , Lancaster City or Chester FC . Anybody really know their destination ?
Cheers.
COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SAM & THOMMO 3 months 1 day ago #11533

• Centurion
  • Thank you received: 1
It is my understanding that Thommo is off to join a certain Mr Fell at Lancaster next season. Not sure about Sam yet.

As Rammy's current longest serving player, it's disappointing to see Thommo move on, however I am sure Chris & Diego are already making plans to bring in new blood to strengthen the squad next season and give the league a real go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

SAM & THOMMO 2 months 4 weeks ago #11534

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for the info Centurion. The info stacks up well as it was former Joint Manager's Messrs. Fildes & Fell that brought Thommo to The Riverside in the first place . He will be a big asset to Lancaster City . When Thommo came to Rammy , I distinctly remember Mr Fildes saying that Thommo " was a defender that liked to defend " . That saying was a perfect description of his play , but what Mr Fildes forgot to add was that this spring-heeled defender was ace in front of goal scoring headers from corners and free-kicks into the box. I'm sure our Chris & Lee are working hard to replace Thommo , but only players like Howson at Chester FC and Priestley at Colne could fill Thommo's boots.

As for replacing Sam like for like , there's more chance of finding a golden nugget in the River Irwell , or our illustrious Chairman double-counting a £5 note .

COYR
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.

SAM & THOMMO 2 months 4 weeks ago #11535

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 205
Can't say I share your worries about replacing the players who are on the way out, Hackers, and you can also add Nialle Rodney to the list of players leaving as he is off to FCUM according to social media

Whilst I'd rather have kept hold of the outward bound players , especially Thommo who had a real bond with the supporters, I think Chris and his team proved themselves more than capable of recruiting the right players to improve the team and move us forward.

Never ideal to lose players, but it's happened in the past and will happen again in the future, so let's wait and see who we bring in and I'm sure that by August we will have a team that will be more competitive than we've had for a long time.

Exciting times ahead down at The Riverside, I think :cheer:

SAM & THOMMO 2 months 4 weeks ago #11536

• Centurion
  • Thank you received: 1
Understand that Sam is also joining Mr Fell at Lancaster. Not the first time an ex-manager raids his old club for players!

SAM & THOMMO 2 months 4 weeks ago #11537

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
No surprise there as Billy Bullshit proved, time and again, that he didn't have the knowledge base or contacts to recruit players at a standard to improve the club. If it wasn't ex FCUM players out for a final jolly after hearing what an easy ride it was under Fell, it was loan players straight out of 'Coco The Clowns Football Academy for the Less Gifted'

I wonder if he's still paying players wages out of his own pocket as he can't work within the budgets set out for him

A total charlatan who has no place in the game :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

SAM & THOMMO 2 months 4 weeks ago #11538

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 3
Hells teeth Daz, you really are a bitter and angry man where Mr Fell is concerned, there must be an underlying issue apart from the football side of things surely?
I dont think this kind of vitriol shows Ramsbottom FC (and yourself) in a good light and a welcoming place to come and enjoy football.
Having watched non league for a number of years I have never come across a manager being hounded as much as our previous incumbent (by a minority of fans- leave that to the pro clubs) I believe it reflects on our gates- results improved, mail drops a plenty but a very insignificant increase in gates achieved.
Last season was the best opportunity for a long long time to gain promotion as the league was the weakest it has been for a good decade or so.
Our results against the top six were average to poor overall and the new league format has resulted in a much tougher league to progress from- i cant see the mighty Rams even troubling the play offs this coming season. I will however donate £25 to a charity of your choice if they achieve a play off spot (if you do likewise if they fail).
How many games are you giving the manager this season? Remain positive and bite your tongue before engaging you rascal.

SAM & THOMMO 2 months 4 weeks ago #11539

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Nice one Centurion - you've most certainly got your ear to the ground . If I remember things rightly wasn't it Mr. Fell who signed Sam in the first place for Rammy , so this is in effect a re-signing , and an excellent signing for Lancaster City at that. Hard to fault both Sam & Thommo for wanting to play at a higher level.
COYR

SAM & THOMMO 2 months 4 weeks ago #11540

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
You're quite right, Maxibo, any anti-Fell sentiment goes way beyond the football side of things. A long way beyond.and it's certainly not a minority of supporters who feel that way. Yes, last season would have been a good chance to gain promotion if we hadn't dropped points against some very poor sides early on. Don't think you can knock our record after the change of manager.

Agree that it will be a much tougher league this season, but still feel we will be in with a good chance of reaching the play-offs. However, Harry's tickets apart, I'm not a betting man so won't be taking up your offer of a bet even if it is for charity. Will happily buy you a pint though if we don't reach that goal ;)

SAM & THOMMO 2 months 3 weeks ago #11541

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 3
Sure we will meet up at a couple of games next season Daz- enjoy the summer break (cricket is a much better game).
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds