Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS -vs- ROCHDALE AFC PRE - SEASON

THE RAMS -vs- ROCHDALE AFC PRE - SEASON 4 months 2 weeks ago #11589

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
This game not long off now . Considering we have effectively lost the ' spine ' of our side with Sam , Thommo , and Jamie Rainford having departed , I'm more than curious to know how The Rams will line up against Rochdale AFC and how many first teamers will Rochdale bring along . Don't know about you , but I'm only aware of 4 players that should in theory line up for The Rams , and that's TK , Jamie Rother , Nic , and newly signed Danny Naidole .
Presume we've signed a goalie or two , so no doubt all will be revealed come Wednesday night .
Just hope defensive wise that Kyle , Steady Eddie , and Ryan are signed up again as otherwise we could end up in shit creek without a paddle !

COYR

EDIT
To lose now 5 players from our star studded squad is quite a blow , and with Tony Donaldson going to our rivals at Colne , and worse still Ryan Ellison leaving us after his operation , then The Rams will have a lot of recovering to do to make good headway in the newly formed North West Division . That's two new centre-backs at least . I thought that Ryan and Thommo were the best pair of central defenders in our League bar non . Wish Ryan 100% success with his op , and the very best of luck wherever he goes next . Gutted to lose him and hope he returns .
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -vs- ROCHDALE AFC PRE - SEASON 4 months 2 weeks ago #11590

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Not sure what the Rammy fans are going to learn from our 6 pre-season friendlies , but we will have a fair appreciation of what's what following our night match at home to City of Liverpool . The first five League games are a fair old mix , with firstly Widnes at home , followed by Pickering away , Trafford home , Pontefract Coll's away , and then City of Liverpool at home .

COYR

THE RAMS -vs- ROCHDALE AFC PRE - SEASON 4 months 2 weeks ago #11593

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 159
It's definitely disappointing to have lost Ryan as well as Thommo, they'll both be very much missed (as people as much as players). I have faith that the management team will bring in some great new signings though and am looking forward to Wednesday and seeing some of the potential new additions to the squad.

THE RAMS -vs- ROCHDALE AFC PRE - SEASON 4 months 2 weeks ago #11594

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Good to see LK's posting ending in an upbeat note. There's no doubt whatsoever that our Managers have a fabulous track record with major successes at Glossop North End and Shaw Lane before arriving at the Riverside , and no Rammy fan will ever forget our FA Trophy run and being the last team standing in the competition from the whole of the 62 Northern Prem Clubs , and then only being knocked out by the Winners . Also got us in to the play-offs . Chris and Lee have both got great CV's and can walk tall anywhere in Non League football. However , having now lost 5 top players , it makes me think that things ain't hunky dory at the Riverside and an amount of friction and disharmony exists up the line , and no doubt all will be revealed when the new season is fully underway.

COYR
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -vs- ROCHDALE AFC PRE - SEASON 4 months 2 weeks ago #11595

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 159
I know I generally see the positive in situations anyway, but I don't sense anything particularly disharmonious going on. Seems like a pretty standard pre-season transition to me.

3 players have gone to play higher (Sam, Tommo and Nialle) so no complaints there, 1 to play lower to aid recuperation from an op (Ryan), only 2 have moved sideways (Tony Donaldson and Jamie Rainford), one of whom wasn't getting a start anyway (even though he should've been in my opinion!). It's brilliant that we've kept TK, Nico and Jamie Rother as they all had fantastic seasons and I'm surprised they haven't been snapped up by clubs higher up the pyramid.

Anyway, time will tell as you say. Bring on Rochdale! :cheer:
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Little Katie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanners croft, The Devils Guard

THE RAMS -vs- ROCHDALE AFC PRE - SEASON 4 months 2 weeks ago #11596

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Yep , bring on The Dale . Just hope the floodlights have had a trial run , as don't want a Hyde United jobby !

COYR

THE RAMS -vs- ROCHDALE AFC PRE - SEASON 4 months 2 weeks ago #11599

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Certainly a highly competitive and entertaining game . Quite a few missed chances for The Dale . Wasn't expecting the gate to top 400 , so well done to The Dale fans for coming over to The Riverside and good luck to them and their team for the new Season's campaign .
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds