Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS HOME TO NANTWICH TOWN - FRIENDLY

RAMS HOME TO NANTWICH TOWN - FRIENDLY 3 weeks 4 days ago #11601

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Like our Manager says , he's chosen to play all our six pre-season friendlies against teams at Step 4 or above , and has gone down the tough ' hard yards ' route to prepare for the new Season . Next up at The Riverside come Nantwich Town from the step 3 Prem Division who must have made their play-offs last season coming in at 4th place in the Prem . If they play their first X1 , they'll almost certainly expose the obvious weakness in the Rammy defence , and we could get a good drubbing . A draw would be all the best that Rammy could hope for , but nevertheless COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS HOME TO NANTWICH TOWN - FRIENDLY 3 weeks 3 days ago #11604

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well shit the bed and scrape it ! - what a stunning 6 - 1 away win at Caernarfon Town yesterday . Mmmmmm might have to revise my forecast for the Nantwich home game , as especially I'm given to understand that the players have been tasked with the job of running up and down Snowdon before leaving Wales altogether and heading back home . I think the Manager does have a ' fitness first ' mentality , as the players have already run up The Rake in Rammy . Sounds all good stuff to me.
Well impressed.

Hackers
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO NANTWICH TOWN - FRIENDLY 3 weeks 3 days ago #11605

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 204
Don't want to get over excited just yet, but a top notch performance from The Rams yesterday. And don't think the scoreline flattered us in any way as we could have had more than the 6 goals, in fact we looked like scoring with each attack in the last 10-15 minutes. The way we finished the game is a strong testament to the new fitness regime indeed.

Hard to say how good a team Caernarfon are as we never let them get into the game at all, but certainly weren't any pushovers and were the 4th best team in Wales last season. Can also add into the mix that we played with several trialists and a number of substitutions and re-introductions into the game meant we didn't have the strongest 11 on the pitch for the majority of the game

Not getting too ahead of ourselves at the moment, but if yesterday is anything to go by we have quite an exciting season to look forward to. Let's take this into Tuesdays game which should be a tough test, but one I'm looking forward to very much

EDIT

Was meant to post this under the Caernarfon game heading, but never mind :silly:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by From the Darkside.

RAMS HOME TO NANTWICH TOWN - FRIENDLY 3 weeks 2 days ago #11608

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
@ the risk of sounding like the world’s biggest pessimist, is their any chance a July waterlogged pitch could see the Nantwich game called off? :blush:

RAMS HOME TO NANTWICH TOWN - FRIENDLY 3 weeks 2 days ago #11609

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
BroxBlue , that's not as crazy as it first sounds . I think present ground conditions are such that the pitch would cope well with a heavy downpour or two . However the ' low ' is forecast to bring thunder and lightning , and it's some kind of an electrical storm that would cause postponement or abandonment .
Cheers .
John Kettley & Michael Fish , Wincey Willis , Bill Giles , Ian McCaskill
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO NANTWICH TOWN - FRIENDLY 3 weeks 20 hours ago #11610

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
As per the official Nantwich Town FC tweet , - " a solid score draw " . Yep , and a solid score draw for The Rams as well , against a top four Premier Division side . A terrific strike from Danny Naidole for our first goal , and a fabulous incisive killer pass to put Rubes through before he got tripped in the box and won us the penalty . Some great passages of play from both teams and a fast flowing game with both sides showing great fitness . Thought Mr Jones is gonna be a real handful to play against , and Mr Brodie getting back to full fitness . All good to see . Add Nico , Rubes , and Mr Gooden to the forward mix and somebody's defence down the line is gonna get torn to shreds if we can nicely gel the forward line together . Also very much liked our left back who came on late in the game , and seemed super keen .
Roll on Widnes . It's gonna be a fascinating season . All that and home draws in both FA Cup & FA Trophy . Bring it on .

COYR

EDIT
Ps - In Mr Haslam's excellent match report he refers to a ' familiar looking trialist ' replacing TK in the second-half . He came on at left back . That player rang a bell with me also . Anyone know who he is ? Ex - player ?
Cheers
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds