Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RYAN ELLISON

RYAN ELLISON 4 months 1 week ago #11602

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Nobody but nobody more sad to see Ryan Ellison leave The Rams . Understand the ' operation bit ' and have already wished him all the very best for a successful outcome . As for the rest of it - I just don't get it . Why is Ryan not returning to Rammy ? Have any reasons been given ? I've heard a rumour that once fully fit he'll be signing for Marine . Well that's not exactly a step up , but just a sideways move . I'd have no hesitation whatsoever in offering Ryan a contract , but as we know that doesn't seem to be the ' Rammy way ' of retaining players . I've referred to in the past our Merseyside contingent and thought rightly or wrongly that Ryan was part of that small group , so if ' travelling ' is a major problem , then Marine does seem to fit the bill , but Rammy simply can't allow players of his calibre and stature simply to drift away . We need to make a big effort to get Ryan back to The Riverside .

As for the Merseyside contingent itself , then again rightly or wrongly I thought Diego , Ryan , Jamie Rainford , Tony Donaldson , and maybe one or two others made up that group . Well , well , how time changes things fast . One to Colne , one to Runcorn Linnets , and now maybe one to Marine ? Was always happy to have a band of scousers down at The Riverside as football is in their blood and some great banter around the Club also .
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RYAN ELLISON 4 months 1 week ago #11606

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 225
Sad to see Ryan go, but can't blame his reasoning. Looks like it might be long process until he's back to full fitness and a lot of travelling involved in coming from Liverpool 2/3 times a week.

Not heard the Marine rumours, but think he wants to come back playing more local to him although at a lower level until back to full fitness. Think the management did what they could to keep him on board, but at the end of the day Ryan had a decision to make and can't argue with his logic.

Good luck to him and hope to see him back at The Riverside at some point as he was a great servant to the club

RYAN ELLISON 4 months 1 week ago #11607

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Darkside - thanks for the clarification about Ryan . I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope Diego can still persuade him to return to The Riverside once he's fully fit . As for the travelling distance , it's nearly all Motorway to Rammy and back , and quite a few games away for us in Greater Merseyside - viz City of Liverpool , Runcorn Linnets , Marine , Cables , Widnes .
Cheers.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds