Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 2 weeks 18 hours ago #11618

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 61
A bit surprised that there is no match this coming Saturday the 10th August so a rest period for the players , but soon will be entertaining Widnes on Saturday the 17th . Last time over at The Riverside , Widnes went back with all three points following their 0 - 1 win . Think this game is gonna be a tough opener for The Rams , as most unlikely that Widnes will have any pussy cats in their team coming from a renowned Rugby League town , but am expecting us to shade it and turn the tables on them in view of our pre-season results .
We seem to be losing out to very early goals to the opposition , so let's do a ' Juventus ' for the first 10 minutes or so and ' park the bus ' , and then move up the gears .

COYR
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 1 week 5 days ago #11620

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Pleased to read all the post match tweets and Forum postings about the Kidsgrove match yesterday . Things need to be posted ' warts and all ' ! . The 6 - 1 trouncing somewhat takes the shine of the previous five friendlies , and our pre-season record now stands at :-

Pl 6 W 2 D 2 L 2 F 16 A 14 Diff + 2

Makes the Widnes game even harder to predict the outcome , but still fancy The Rams to edge it by the odd goal . This game most unlikely to be a 0 - 0 draw . Let's not forget we got well stuffed away at Pontefract Coll's at the same pre-season stage last season and still made the play-offs .

COYR
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 1 week 4 days ago #11621

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 204
Hackers wrote:
Pleased to read all the post match tweets and Forum postings about the Kidsgrove match yesterday . Things need to be posted ' warts and all ' ! .

Nonsense

If you hadn't noticed, people aren't posting on here anymore regardless of performances or results. Shame as the forum was once a pretty lively place with plenty of humour and the odd bit of healthy debate/argument. Like many others, I can hardly be bothered to read it nowadays never mind post on here

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 1 week 4 days ago #11622

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well fair play Darkside , everyone is entitled to express their opinions whether they be upbeat or downbeat . One thing for sure is that there's always gonna be a lull in proceedings during the close season . Having said that it strikes me that the Forum still gets a healthy number of ' hits ' , and always seems a goodly number of guests viewing it .. I'm sure forummies such as Statto , Motty . BroxBlue , Toby Trotter , LK , Snapdragon , Big Jim , Maxibo , Tanners and others will start and continue to post once we have played Widnes and our Season has got underway .

COYR

EDIT
I'm gonna put your ' nonsense ' comment down to the fact that yesterday was a shitty , rainy , overcast day with no game for The Rams and this has clouded your judgement . Like I've said many times in the past , what made the News of the World , Britain's hottest selling Sunday Newspaper . Well I can tell you it wasn't Step by Step embroidery lessons for the lady readers , nor was it lessons on ' political correctness ' for the blokey blokes . What sold the News of the World was ' controversy ' . My fear is that our Fans Forum is heading down the route of political correctness , and if that is the direction of travel , I agree the Forum will lose and shed its viewers , and is in danger of becoming irrelevant and disinteresting to forummies and guests alike and thereby doomed to failure . Let's not forget that the Forum competes with Rammy Twitter for ' followers ' so if the content is stale and boring and repetitive , then it can only lead to one outcome .

COYForum
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 1 week 3 days ago #11623

• snapdragon
  • Thank you received: 27
Hackers wrote
EDIT
I'm gonna put your ' nonsense ' comment down to the fact that yesterday was a shitty , rainy , overcast day with no game for The Rams and this has clouded your judgement . Like I've said many times in the past , what made the News of the World , Britain's hottest selling Sunday Newspaper . Well I can tell you it wasn't Step by Step embroidery lessons for the lady readers , nor was it lessons on ' political correctness ' for the blokey blokes . What sold the News of the World was ' controversy ' . My fear is that our Fans Forum is heading down the route of political correctness , and if that is the direction of travel , I agree the Forum will lose and shed its viewers , and is in danger of becoming irrelevant and disinteresting to forummies and guests alike and thereby doomed to failure . Let's not forget that the Forum competes with Rammy Twitter for ' followers ' so if the content is stale and boring and repetitive , then it can only lead to one outcome .

Hackers, your post makes some random points. In response:

The Rammy forum is not competing with the Rammy Twitter account as the two have different functions. Much the same as in embroidery (FFS), where a needle has a different function to thread.

You are being stitched up with your interpretation of the number of guests visiting the forum. Most of these guests are not real people but bots (random internet searching by robots).

The peddling of controversy by the sordid the News of the World led to its closure – so your point about this being a good way of sustaining the forum is, well, bobbins.

More seriously, on several occasions, including today’s post; you have framed political correctness as a negative. From the dictionary:
Someone who is politically correct believes that language and actions that could be offensive to others, especially those relating to sex and race should be avoided.
In other words, political correctness is about inclusivity and not making prejudiced remarks about people. I genuinely don’t understand why anyone is opposed to this concept.
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by snapdragon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Katie, From the Darkside, LJDV

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 1 week 3 days ago #11624

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Well said, Snapdragon. Sentiments that I, and hopefully the majority of our supporters, stand by 100%

As for my nonsense comment, it had nothing to do with the weather and everything to do with your increasingly bizarre posts, Hackers. Especially that Edit you have added :ohmy:
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by From the Darkside.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 1 week 2 days ago #11625

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Worthy of note to say that Widnes lost their last pre-season friendly match 3 - 0 away at Buxton last Friday night . Fair play to Widnes to pick a Premier League side , and The Silverlands no easy place to go to as The Rams have found out in season's past , as Buxton made the play-offs last season and made a brave attempt to get into the National League North .
Well roll on Saturday as we start our new season and hope the weather behaves itself during the week .

COYR

EDIT
Been informed by a fellow forummie that Kyle our right-back has left The Rams for pastures new . If that proves to be the case , then almost the entire defence including goalkeeper from last season , apart from Captain Tom Kennedy have now departed . Not sure where you find 4 quality players at this late date . Will miss Kyle who was a solid and experienced defender with a flair for going forward and scored some great goals . Question - is this down to just £££££££££££££££££££ ?
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 1 week 2 days ago #11626

• Rameeza Porter
  • Thank you received: 8
Wow!

This topic is "Rams Home to Widnes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It started with a comment about no game on Saturday 10th August.
I wonder where our manager was?
Possible Clue : VM v WU

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 1 week 2 days ago #11627

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Hackers wrote:
Question - is this down to just £££££££££££££££££££ ?

No. What makes you think that?

And by my reckoning, we still have two of the players who played in defence last season. Same as a lot of clubs at this level

RAMS HOME TO WIDNES - LEAGUE MATCH - THE REAL DEAL 1 week 1 day ago #11628

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Welcome back Rameeza - long time no post - has it been cold in the ground lately ? , [ only joking of course ]
Yep , well you're right , things do seem to have shot off at a tangent and well away from the subject matter at hand . It's always gonna be difficult to keep things ' ticking over ' on the Magic Forum especially in the close season so apologies for keep going off script .
Anyway , do keep on posting , as I've always found your postings to be incisive and to the point . Also I must admit your ' clue ' threw me as my first thought was the Victoria and Albert Museum , but then realised the V was for Vauxhall Motors .

COYR
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Hackers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds