Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ]

RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ] 1 month 5 hours ago #11651

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 64
The Rams currently 2nd place in the League and The Pikes are bottom dwellers and now occupy the basement spot. Maybe cruel to say that after just one game but that's how the first League Table stacks up and show's it , and that's fact not fiction .
Let's get over there and ' spike the pikes ' , or even spike the pies .
Shall try and make a good attempt to get my arse over there for this night fixture .
Looks to me like roughly a 200 mile round trip . I'll see what the weathers like and how my day pans out .

COYR
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ] 4 weeks 2 days ago #11660

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 215
A battering for Pickering, although they were at Workington who I think have made some improvements over the Summer following relegation. Might be a bit early to read too much into that result and make a judgement on Pickerings quality just yet

RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ] 4 weeks 1 day ago #11679

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Can The Rams go top of the League tonight ?
Well it is possible.
The Rams now in 3rd spot following Marske United 's away win at Brighouse Town last night 0 - 1
The only other contenders for top spot are Workington AFC , Taddy , and Cables , who all play tonight.
Workington away @ Trafford
Taddy @ Pontefract Coll's
Cables home to Clitheroe

All clearly depends on other results and scorelines , and at the end of the night , goal difference , and I think as a tie-breaker the number of goals ' for ' , when all else is even , and sometimes alphabetically as a last resort.

If The Rams have a healthy away win tonight , they may well top the League . I predict a drawn game @ Trafford , I just can't see Taddy winning away at Ponte , but can see Cables tatering Clitheroe , and therefore Cables could go top on GD.

Fascinating .

All to play for .

COYR
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ] 4 weeks 15 hours ago #11681

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Fantastic result!
Sorry couldn't be there!
Well done to "the lads"
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ] 4 weeks 15 hours ago #11682

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 68
Just the fourth time in our semi-pro history (in 1994) that we have started the league season with two wins:

1996 - NWCFL Division 2
Beat Skelmersdale United 4-2 (at home)
Beat Colne 4-1 (at home)

2008 - NWCFL Premier Division
Beat Squires Gate 2-1 (at home)
Beat Atherton Colleries 1-0 (away)

2010 - NWCFL Premier Division
Beat Flixton 3-0 (away)
Beat Barnoldswick Town 1-0 (at home)

2019 - NFL North-West Division
Beat Widnes 3-2 (at home)
Beat Pickering Town 2-1 (away)

Brilliant from the lads to come from behind in both games to get all three points! COYR!

RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ] 4 weeks 14 hours ago #11683

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Thought the defence was again shaky in the 1st half... and we could’ve been more than 1 down at half time.

But yet again though this squad kept plugging away, we dominated possession and grew into the game as the 2nd half went on. By the time we scored I thought we fully deserved the equaliser.

After we went 2-1 we were excellent, really rolled our sleeves up and showed the concentration and desire required to see out the result. Shout outs to our goalscorers Iywrah and Reuben too, both goals were great finishes.

Great start to the season, but I know we can (and will!) improve! COYR

RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ] 4 weeks 12 hours ago #11684

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 215
A fantastic night and a good turn out from the Rammy supporters.

Still some work to do on the defence and, as with Saturdays game, we looked vulnerable at times and I'm sure the management will be working on improving that side of our game. However, with the attacking capabilities in this squad we managed to dominate a large majority of the game and, best of all, we are only going to get better as the season progresses. Fact :woohoo:

Some excellent individual performances, but the general consensus from the supporters for man of the match tonight was Iyrwah Gooden. Pickerings defence were just unable to cope with him at times

Time for a couple of well earned beers now I think :cheer:
Last Edit: 4 weeks 12 hours ago by From the Darkside.

RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ] 4 weeks 2 hours ago #11685

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well , a 200 mile round trip . Was it worth it ? Yep , you bet it was .
Another entertaining hard fought fixture . Lots of action , missed penalty , and incidents all round and will leave it to the ' wordsmith ' himself being Mr. Haslam to come up with no doubt his comprehensive Match Report . For me , I got lucky in sitting in their small stand that's close to the goalmouth , and saw at close range , firstly Iyrwah 's bullet strike which powered into the roof of the net , and then Rubes surging forward outstripping his defender then unleashing a stinging low drive which buried itself in the corner of the net and gave their keeper no chance .
Any downsides to the night ? Yep two . Firstly conceding yet another early goal . 2 minutes was it ? Didn't anybody read my earlier ' Juventus ' posting . Secondly the Highways Authority in their wisdom shut off the M 62 and diverted traffic . I had a choice of turn right to Halifax or left to Saddleworth . I chose the latter option and drove over a very misty and dark Saddleworth Moor and was shittin myself all the way across ! Wasn't this the site of the Moors Murders ? Spooky man.

Also sad to see Rubes substituted late on in the game , but can only presume this was a tactical substitution so maybe fair play , as 3 points must come before a player's pride .

Also , also , really pleased our white and purple strip got a winning start to it's first League debut . Important to me that as hopefully ' lucky shirts ' and all that guff !

COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT PICKERING TOWN [ THE PIKES ] 4 weeks 1 hour ago #11687

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Rode our luck in the first half and as Mottty says, we may well have been more than a single strike down. The build up play was fine, but that final incisive ball wasn't there. Much the same followed in the second half, with Gooden have a big say with the play.

Even with a missed penalty and a blatant handball not given, you could sense a goal was coming and it came from a great strike from Gooden. Before we could draw breath a forceful run by Jerome saw the ball nestle in the Pickering net. Pickering seemed content to hoof the ball up front, but our defence held firm for 3 welcome, but hard earned points. The back four need a bit of tweaking and some time together.

All in all, satisfactory evening in North Yorkshire. Well done lads. Gerrrin there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds