Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Development Squad Updates

Development Squad Updates 3 months 13 hours ago #11662

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 223
I had planned to do a regular column in the programme this season with regular updates on the Development Squad. This first update was sent for inclusion in yesterdays programme, but was not included so will post it here instead:

Once more, Ramsbottom United will be running a development squad for the upcoming 2019/20 season and are hoping to build on the excellent work that has been done over the past few years.

Over the Summer, we have held a couple of trial games at the Top Park (which is a rather wonderful facility for those who have not been up there and a real asset to the club) which saw an excellent turn out of potential players, both old and new, which demonstrates the high regard the Development Squad is held in around the local area and beyond.

It is with regret that we had to let a few go for various reasons, but ultimately our main objective is to provide players for the first team. However, those players who we have parted company with will still have future opportunities should they progress elsewhere. As we are well aware, players at this age will develop at different times and with different degrees of progress. After all, several players have left us only to return later with great success.

Chris, Matt, Jake & Warren are working hard to create a good balanced learning environment to promote quality, team bonding & all round good young players. This, coupled with a much stronger working relationship with the first team management at the club will, hopefully, see a further progression during the upcoming season. Four players from last season are all currently training with the first team and this has seen Will Alberto and Ben Stanton make impressive debuts during the senior teams pre-season schedule

Our first friendly in our pre-season schedule was against a strong, and much older, Elton Vale first team including ex Ramsbottom United player Tom Brookes. In comparison, our midfield consisted of three 17 year old all from Ramsbottom area who produced an all-round good performance and gained several plaudits from the opposition. After going behind early, the players settled into the new system and on 20 minutes equalised through a Taigh Wilson free kick. We then controlled the game missing some good chances, and hitting the bar, we restricted Elton to long range chances with the game ending 1-1.

Next up are Padiham FC, next Wednesday 21st August, at The Harry Williams Riverside Stadium. We are hoping to attract and good crowd for this game and your support would be most welcome, not only by the coaching staff, but most of all the players. See you there
Last Edit: 3 months 13 hours ago by From the Darkside.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

Development Squad Updates 2 months 4 weeks ago #11680

• bluemoon
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by bluemoon.

Development Squad Updates 2 months 4 weeks ago #11686

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
I know a few people were planning on going to the the game at The Riverside tonight, but unfortunately it has been called off. I'll post details of when the game is re-arranged

Development Squad Updates 2 months 4 weeks ago #11689

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
A reminder that tonights game is OFF
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by From the Darkside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snapdragon

Development Squad Updates 2 months 3 weeks ago #11726

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
The next game for the Development Squad is this Friday against Abbey Hey:

Wright Robinson College
(Off Falmer Close)
Abbey Hey Lane
M18 8RL
Kick Off 7.30

I'm going over and have a couple of spare seats if anyone fancies it. It would be great to see some of you there if you can make it. The players and management really do appreciate the support and hopefully you can get to see some future stars of the first team

COYR
COYL

Development Squad Updates 2 months 2 weeks ago #11730

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
A nice little 3-0 win over at Abbey Hey last night.

Always good to keep a clean sheet and the defence looked solid throughout with Tom Lent, after his recent experience in the first team, helping to command the back four. When Abbey Hey did manage to get shots on target the keeper was in full control and pulled off a couple of top notch saves. Was impressed with his performance and wasn't afraid to open his mouth to direct his defenders. A must for any up and coming keeper in my book

Going forwards we were a bit lethargic at times, but when we got into full flow we played some sublime, passing football with plenty of pace which the Abbey Hey struggled to cope with as the game progressed.

A good win, especially bearing in mind we can improve and were missing several regulars. Fair play to the coaching team as we seem to improving with each passing season. Development indeed

Development Squad Updates 2 months 5 days ago #11797

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
At home to Bamber Bridge tonight.

Accrington & Rossendale College with a 7.30 kick off

Would be good to see some of you there

Development Squad Updates 2 months 5 days ago #11799

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Progression is in the eye of the * coach * I don't like that word: If you bring out what the youngster is showing you help him with that his brain will look for dimensions above his thought then and he wants to learn more of things he cannot do but he will do it with progress. That is what makes a young player a very good footballer his want to do it not the want of a 'coach'. I had an excellent basketball player come into my coaching sessions he had never played football, I watched him and brought out what he was trying to do and he ended up as one of the best lads at school level I had 'coached'. Bring their thought skills out first . :evil:

Development Squad Updates 2 months 5 days ago #11800

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Youngsters I have been with for years and would love to see them: But got no horse and cart to get me there. See you saturday at Ossett. Terry M.

Development Squad Updates 2 months 4 days ago #11801

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Top notch entertainment from the young Rams last night

A very good Bamber Bridge side had the better of the opening 45 minutes with some solid defending that kept goal scoring opportunities to a minimum for Rammy. They also had plenty of pace going forward which we struggled with at times and ultimately led to the opening goal when one of their forwards was brought down in the area. Don't like criticising individuals, but when a goalkeeper calls for a ball he needs to be 100% sure of getting there or he runs the risk of putting unneeded pressure on his defence. In the keepers defence, I'm sure he will learn from this and picked himself up to make some vital stops later in the game.

The second half was a much improved performance from us, we started stringing some passes together and making chances for the lads up front. The much deserved equaliser came with around twenty minutes left and another penalty which was converted by Reagan Jarrett. The last twenty minutes saw the excitement levels pumped up as Rammy pushed forward for the winner and Bamber Bridge had a couple of counter attacks, but ultimately a 1-1 draw was probably a fair result as neither side deserved to lose.

A big shout out to Chris and Diego for turning up last night to keep an eye on the young lads progress and sure it means a lot to the players to know that senior management are watching them.

If this afternoons game is half as enjoyable as last night then we should be in for a treat
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanners croft
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds