Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Development Squad Updates

Development Squad Updates 2 months 2 weeks ago #11831

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 225
Anyone needing a midweek football fix then get down to The Riverside tonight as the Development Squad are taking on Clitheroe.

Kick off at 7.45 and should be a great evening
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Development Squad Updates 2 months 2 weeks ago #11836

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 160
Thoroughly enjoyed watching the game last night. Some nice football on show from both sides, and loved the determination shown by the young Rams, some of whom I really hope will make the first team one day.

Development Squad Updates 2 months 1 week ago #11853

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
The Development Squad continued their excellent start to the season away to AFC Fylde last night.

After a goalless first half, the young Rams twice fell behind in the second half and twice fought back to end the game with a very impressive 2-2 draw. Goals came from Oliver Pilkington and Owen Collinge and we could have even won the game when Regan Jarrett, rather unluckily, saw his header hit the bar from close range. Bearing in mind that Fylde had a couple of players who have made first team appearances, in the National League, in their team last night then praise is indeed due for our young Rammy lads

Five games into the season and 2 wins/3 draws/0 defeats see's us looking good in second place in what is a highly competitive league. Keep up the good work, lads :woohoo:

EDIT:

It's actually 3 wins and 2 draws so far. An even more impressive record
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by From the Darkside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snapdragon

Development Squad Updates 2 months 5 days ago #11879

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
Meanwhile, back in the real world, the Development Team continue their impressive start to the LFA Under 21 season tomorrow evening. Opponents are Penwortham St Teresa’s and the game is at Accrington & Rossendale College with a 7.30 kick off

The last few games have been excellent entertainment so hope to see some of you there :cheer:
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by From the Darkside.

Development Squad Updates 1 month 3 weeks ago #11901

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
A massive game for the youngsters tonight as they take on Mossley in a clash between the top two teams in the divisions

Wright Robinson College
Abbey Hey Lane
Manchester
M18 8RL

KO 7.30

Should be a cracker :woohoo:

Development Squad Updates 1 month 3 weeks ago #11902

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
So much for Mossley being top of the table with their 100% record as our young Rams brushed them aside last night with a performance I can't praise highly enough.

An early lead through the pacey forward Cofi (apologies if I've spelled the name wrong :blush: ) with a clinical finish. This put us on the back foot for a while as Mossley pushed for an equaliser though we looked pretty dangerous on the break and had a couple of chances to extend our lead. Another goal was certainly on the cards and around 30 minutes in Mossley made it 1-1. Other teams heads could have dropped at this point, but not our lads who simply moved up another gear and within a few minutes we had retaken the lead through another goal from Cofi.

I felt the second half would be a real test of our character and they came through it in some style I must say. Early on we made it 3-1 as a wonderful piece of footballs saw Cofi burst into the area and, with a hat trick in his sights, squared it to Owen 'Codge' Collinge to make it 3-1. Still a long way to go, but we never looked in any great danger and were assured at the back with a commanding performance from the young keeper and back four.. In fact we even had chances to improve our lead and only a couple of excellent saves from the Mossley keeper prevented that.

So, a 3-1 away win against the league leaders and believe me, Mossley are a good team, but they weren't a match for Rammy who thoroughly deserved the win last night. Credit to each and every player, as well as the coaching team who are building something quite special here.

Whisper it quietly, but if we continue progressing at this rate we might just have some silverware at the end of the season and judging by the reaction from the players and supporters at the end of the game there is certainly a belief that could happen :woohoo:

Development Squad Updates 1 month 3 weeks ago #11903

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 160
This was the second U21s/development game I had watched this season and once again I was really impressed with the standard and the work rate. Keep up the good work lads!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds