Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 6 days ago #11688

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Just putting the heading up , but interesting to note that Winsford play in the Premier Division of the NWCFL , and as of today occupy 7th spot . Last time out got beat at home in the League 1 - 2 by Hanley Town . However , I'm sure when they arrive at The Riverside they'll be up for it big style .

COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 6 days ago #11692

• Rammy Blue
  • Thank you received: 5
I remember a few trips to Winsford in our NWCFL days.
Hopefully we will do the business on Saturday, but if it goes to a replay (and if my memory is correct) the Winsford pitch is surrounded by what was once a greyhound track - not something I can recall at any other grounds I've visited!

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 5 days ago #11693

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Mmmmmm - never went to Winsford as didn't watch The Rams in their NWCFL days , but have been to Newcastle Town where it strikes me there was a banked cycling track around the Ground .

Also not sure if our Manager's current ' Game Plan ' is to tell the lads not to be arsed if they concede the early goal within the first eleven minutes , as the team will always move up through the gears and score a brace or more to win the game . Sounds a dangerous strategy to me , and one where we could easily come unstuck !

COYR
Hackers Weekly Blog and da Pissy Take .

ps. - I'm pretty sure that everyone would be eternally grateful if my so called bizarre blogs were restricted to 52 per year :lol: :lol:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 4 days ago #11694

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I'm not sure that any of our forummies are interested in knowing the details of the FA Prize Fund for this year , but I have a sneaky suspicion there is one person at our club who would want to know , or knows already . For info Winsford must have already picked up a fat cheque from the FA for £2250 & Vauxhall Motors £ 750 as losers in their Extra Preliminary match .
This Saturday The Rams could be on for £2890 as winners , and losers of this Preliminary Tie get £960 . This doesn't seem a bad do to me for such early rounds and I wonder if the sums have had a big bump up , or just risen in line with the Consumer Price Index ? I know it wouldn't be matched with the Retail Price Index as all Government's want to keep the peasant's down as they think the peasant's are revolting and all that jazz .

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 4 days ago #11695

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Never underestimate lower league opposition in a cup game!!!

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 3 days ago #11696

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well Mottty , no one can say that you're not consistent in your viewpoint as you said exactly the same thing to me away at Pickering earlier in the week .
The Rams should have made more of Winsford going down to 10 men.
No doubt a good game for the neutrals , but could have easily gone 3 - 4 behind but for a glaring miss for Winsford in the closing minutes .

COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 3 days ago #11697

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Although Winsford undoubtedly played well with 10 men in the 2nd half, that was a very disappointing performance from us. Unfortunately we still look prone to conceding every time the opposition come forward, and this has to be addressed quickly. Otherwise (as some fans I was speaking to stated today) we will get battered when one of the top teams comes to town!

But! We’re still in the hat. And we have a chance to put things right next week when we play them on their own turf, which we are more than capable of doing with the players we have up front.

Onto Monday now, and hopefully the boys prove me wrong and put in a stellar defensive performance, against a Trafford side who I expect to be a tough test! COYR

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 3 days ago #11698

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 215
I'm a great believer that any criticism should be constructive, but that was a p**** poor performance today. Don't want to take anything away from Winsford who fully deserved a draw and possibly more from that game. A decent set of supporters too.

Still, we're unbeaten this season and a chance to correct today's performance in the replay. From talking to players and management after the game they are fully aware we were far from good enough today and I'm sure lessons have been learnt

COYR :woohoo:

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 2 days ago #11701

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Let's keep this thread for the replay and all things Winsford.
There's no doubt that Winsford were ' up ' for the match and showed themselves as a durable outfit with a cutting edge up front .
If The Rams are to progress further in the FA Cup , we need to take a healthy following of fans down to Winsford , and also a big furniture van . Why a furniture van ? What or who's going in the furniture van ? We need to go down there with all the players revved up and fine tuned and throw the proverbial kitchen sink at them , together with hob , oven , washing machine , dryer , pots & pans , dryer , kettle , cutlery and chuck the full feckin monty at them . By the way the big feck off furniture van is for goods only , as the players will of course make their own way there .

COYR

EDIT
Not sure I've ever been to Winsford before , so could be a part of the ' Cheshire Set ' on the night . If we get there super early we could be on for ' cream teas ' & ' Bolly ' .
Also this game coincides with my b'day so if Statto or Mr Storey are aware , then a single Jack Daniel's Honey liqueur whisky would be just the jobby , along with an away win of course .
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS -vs - WINSFORD UNITED - FA CUP 3 weeks 2 days ago #11702

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 215
Can somebody start a new thread for the Winsford replay, because I haven't got the foggiest what that absolute nonsense is all about :ohmy:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds