Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS -vs- TRAFFORD FC

THE RAMS -vs- TRAFFORD FC 3 weeks 3 days ago #11699

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Last seasons home game ended in a 0 - 1 away win for Trafford , but The Rams had a great 0 - 4 win at Trafford and also a further away win when we knocked them out of the FA Trophy . Can't predict the result , but I'm sure we will remain unbeaten .

COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -vs- TRAFFORD FC 3 weeks 1 day ago #11707

• Richard
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 68
Played 3 and Won 3 - what a fantastic start to the season.

The Rams have not started a season with three league wins since 1996 when in NWCFL DIvision 2.

Our results that season started with a 4-2 win over Skelmersdale United (goals from Russell Brierley 2, Martin Hulme and Craig Chadwick) before we beat Colne 4-1 (Hulme, Chadwick 2 and Karl Stanley) and then defeated Ashton Town away 3-0 (Brierley, Chadwick and Neil Rhodes).

So, we have matched a 23-year-old Rammy milestone today .... long may it continue (unlike in 1996 when we drew 1-1 on Bank Holiday Monday v Tetley Walker in the next game!!!).

THE RAMS -vs- TRAFFORD FC 3 weeks 1 day ago #11708

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 64
A captain's goal from the masterful TK did put Rammy on the top of the Table for quite a few minutes before the Workington result came in due to a late kick-off . I did see the Table with Rammy on top on the Bet Victor website and it looked good .

COYR

THE RAMS -vs- TRAFFORD FC 3 weeks 1 day ago #11709

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
I was quick to criticise the performance on Saturday, so it’s only fair to congratulate the team for what was a solid defensive performance. The new defenders that were drafted into the team played excellently throughout I thought.

It wasn’t the perfect performance by any means, and we probably were lacking some quality in the final 3rd, but I’m confident that will come in future games. We can’t ask for anymore than 3 league wins out of 3.

Tough game on sat, but very much looking forward to it. COYR

THE RAMS -vs- TRAFFORD FC 3 weeks 1 day ago #11710

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 215
Far from ideal playing conditions today in that heat. I was on the pitch yesterday afternoon and believe me it's a suntrap. Well done to both sets of players for giving us a game, not the best I'm sure you'll all agree, but 3 wins out of 3 and still room for improvement. I'll take that

Good to see Richards stats about our best start to a season since 1996 when, and no pressure to our current crop of players, this legend was banging them in for The Rams :woohoo:

DSC00061.jpg
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by From the Darkside.

THE RAMS -vs- TRAFFORD FC 3 weeks 1 day ago #11711

• snapdragon
  • Thank you received: 27
Agree with Mottty we looked more secure at the back so credit to players and management for addressing this so quickly.

Three out of three league wins, as Richard highlights, has not happened for a good few years and is fabulous news. In fact, recently, I think we had a similar number of points going into December! :unsure:

As Darkside says, credit to both teams for playing for 90 minutes in the heat. This may account for why today’s performance was not really a stunner but just enough to get the points. Also, best not to peak in our third league match!

Also, a shout out to the referee for issuing yellow cards to both teams when others would have produced reds.

Lots to look forward to this season.
COYR!

THE RAMS -vs- TRAFFORD FC 3 weeks 1 day ago #11713

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 215
snapdragon wrote:

Also, a shout out to the referee for issuing yellow cards to both teams when others would have produced reds.

I must say that, by and large, I've been quite impressed with the officials so far this season. On Saturday a few supporters, who stand in front of the hospitality suite, complained about the linesman missing a couple of offsides although I didn't notice that from the other side of the pitch.

Lets hope it continues
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds