Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 3 weeks 4 days ago #11823

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 69
No bigger challenge in the league , than playing the top team in the League away from home .

COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 3 weeks 1 day ago #11829

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Really good to see Workington AFC go down 2 - 0 away against the young and upcoming Clitheroe side . Just hope The Rams don't catch a backlash at Workington following their defeat last night , and have a much improved game plan and performance up there , as compared with the Gatesheed humbling .
Is there a coach running ??
If not I won't be going up as listed as a 262 mile round trip from Bury at a petrol cost of over £50 on super unleaded of course , but nevertheless COYR .
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 3 weeks 1 day ago #11830

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 222
Hackers wrote:
Is there a coach running ??

Very much doubt it, but will confirm later
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 3 weeks 23 hours ago #11834

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 222
As expected there is no coach to Workington.

Probably a good thing after the miserable experience most supporters had travelling back from Gateshead and doubt many would want to go through that again

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 2 weeks 6 days ago #11837

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
Is anyone going to the game? No one I've asked so far is going. :( After the driving conditions coming back from Workington last time I'm not surprised no one wants to do the drive though. Real shame there's no coach.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Little Katie.

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 2 weeks 6 days ago #11838

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
LK - I've not changed my mind , and seeing how Cumbria is a dead ringer for attracting heavy rainfall , then it must be on the cards that waterlogging may force a postponement . The 7 day forecast for Workington ain't great with regular daily showers .

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 2 weeks 6 days ago #11839

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Looking @ the forecast & Our League sponsors website, they both make Match Postponed the odds on favourite.
Imagine the Chairman's mood if he had put a coach on?! :sick:

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 2 weeks 6 days ago #11840

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well firstly am well pleased to see our beloved Fans Forum hasn't lost its sense of humour with BroxBlue's posting - tee hee & ho ho .
Secondly , must admit I was a bit taken aback by LK's posting as asking in effect , is anyone travelling up to Workington ? That must be a ' first ' and just shows how times have changed . However , LK's query prompts a much wider debate . I just wonder how much Rammy fans would be prepared to pay for a long coach trip . You simply can't expect the Club's sole owner/Chairman to take the hit and subsidise every coach trip . No , the coach trip must be able to wipe its own nose [ arse so to speak ] and not take away from the Club's limited finances . Would you be prepared to pay £20 for a long coach trip ? Could we muster up say 40 fans to board the coach ? If so at that rate it would raise £800 which might just cover the full cost , but also if the money falls a bit short , would there be a goodwill gesture from the Chairman to top up the shortfall as a favour to the travelling fans ?
I have just finished watching a TV programme about global warming and the alarming rate the Arctic ice cap is melting . You might see this as just a natural cyclical event every 100 million years or so i.e. Ice Age - No Ice Age - Ice Age etc etc. , or might view it as occurring from human interference from pollution , greenhouse gases and generally trashing the planet . Either ways , running a coach to Workington would have created a lot less pollution and help conserve the World's finite oil reserves , rather than running 10 to 20 private cars up there and back . This all might seem irrelevant , futuristic , and pie in the sky stuff , but in a decade from now all Club's will have ' greened up ' their travel policies , so why not The Rams be the first to cotton on and set the trend ? Eco-time coming this way sooner than you think !
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 2 weeks 5 days ago #11841

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
No indication from Rammy Twitter this morning to even hint that this game is not a go'er . Surely considering all this rainfall there must be a pitch inspection scheduled ?

RAMS AWAY AT WORKINGTON AFC 2 weeks 5 days ago #11842

• TottyRams
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 19
Hackers,

Pitch at workington is fine apparently. That's what they've just told me when I messaged them.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds