Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 2 weeks 4 days ago #11847

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 69
Another dour and solid Yorkshire outfit presently sitting in 13th place in the League , but have a game on Monday night to improve that position. Pretty sure that Brighouse won the ' play-offs ' in their East Division last season , but failed to get promotion to our Premier Division because of Points Per Game comparisons with other top teams up and down the Country . They will be sore not getting anything from their trip down to Prescot Cables yesterday , and I'm sure they will give it the full monty to try and turn over The Rams . Will it be three heavy defeats in a row for The Rams ?
If our players can't get their heads around playing as a ' team ' and being a ' cohesive ' force , then they'll plummet down the Table faster than a bull elephant wearing lead boots !

COYR
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 2 weeks 3 days ago #11848

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Following our two heavy defeats on the trot , someone needs to put their finger on the reason as to why this sudden and dramatic drop in performances . I don't want to enter the ' blame game ' arena but the more I reflect on the last two results , then the more I think that these poor performances are not down to the players , and that the Manager and Assistant Manager have for the moment lost the plot so to speak . Their game plans are either bobbins , or not fully understood by the players , or the players just baulk against them . We all know you can't fit square pegs in round holes . We all know about the defence which was flagged up right at the start of the season and umpteen times since - nuff said . However , this posting is about our completely dysfunctional forward line that has about as much fluidity as frozen treacle .
Firstly we have not one but two target men up front in Chuck and Mr. Jones . Both are good at getting the ball , keeping it and holding off defenders , but both are not good at laying off decent forward passes [ any bugger can pass a ball backwards ] and most certainly not an incisive defensive splitting killer pass .
Secondly , we must be missing Rubes . I never ever thought that I would say such a thing , but this player has come on leaps and bounds recently and when he has his ' aggressive ' head on he can be unplayable and a defenders worst nightmare with his pacey bustling style .
Is the make up of the forward line changing week on week ? It strikes me it is . Surely we should know the best permutation of forwards by now . To much chopping and changing for my liking . Deffo needs to be all sorted before our double-header with Colne FC - home in FA Trophy and then away in League .

Well that's enough of a rant from Hackers . What do you think ? and anyone seen Steady Eddie lately ?

COYR

EDIT
Result on Monday night was Brighouse Town 0 - 1 Marine FC
Brighouse still retain 13th spot , but The Rams drop down to 8th place after being overtaken by Marine on goal difference .
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 2 weeks 2 days ago #11850

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 222
Some valid points there, Hackers, and difficult to disagree with most of them.

Diego was in contact with me yesterday to apologise to the supporters for the last couple of performances (although, I don't think we were too bad up at Gateshead and just beaten by the better team. No surprise there with them being way higher in the pyramid and full time players) It seems the management team aren't happy with current progress on the pitch and are working to address the issue and get us back on track. Sounds like there will be some changes being made so guess it's a case of waiting to see what happens.

As for Eddie, rumour has it that he is on paternity leave and good on him for that. Not ideal that we're hearing this news by word of mouth and not through the official channels though. We have some excellent people working on the media side and it isn't difficult to let them know about players coming in, players going out or injury updates. If supporters are not kept in the loop on these issues then it will cause a disconnect between them and the on field side of the club, so lets hope this is addressed as soon as possible

COYR
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by From the Darkside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 2 weeks 2 days ago #11851

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Can't disagree with either post by Messrs Hackers & Darkside. Twas plain to see on Saturday.

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 6 days ago #11855

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Gonna be squelchy on the pitch tomorrow , but the River down to half bore now , or less , so fully expecting the game to be a go-er . What could be improved is the standard of late , of the poor quality of the pitch markings , which must only scrape a reluctant pass from the Referee .
COYR
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 5 days ago #11856

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Great to read TC's ' Match Preview ' along with some well meant viewpoints about wider footballing issues . Nice one .
Also , good to see that Brighouse's players , staff , and fans , are travelling down by coach to The Riverside . Will be good to see their Calder Dream Liner parked up on our Car Park - a touch of ' class ' .
Hard to predict the gate , but guess it will hover around the 200 mark . Is that a sufficient attendance figure to sustain the Club ? Well I wouldn't have a clue , but do know that gates fluctuate up and down depending on results . I would think that The Rams would need at least 280 to 300 bums on seats to ensure things tick over nicely . Also take this opportunity to wish Bury FC good luck with their application to the National League . Unfortunately its gonna be a fallow season for Forever Bury fans , and am curious to know how their 3000+ fans now get their football fix ? Surely not Old Trafford or The Etihad ! Bolton Wanderers ? - doubt that . Maybe Alty , Radcliffe FC , Prestwich Heys ?? They could give Rammy a try and would of course be welcomed with open arms .

COYR
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 5 days ago #11857

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
I've persuaded 3 to give it a whirl for today's game. If we can put in a good shift, perhaps they can be won over, even though it may only be a temporary measure.

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 5 days ago #11858

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 29
"Hackers", regarding your posting #11855.
I was going to let it pass, however:
I don't mind you "having-a-pop" at players for their on-field performances. I endure your pontifications about management should do's and shouldn't do's. But when you start dishing-out the criticism of the work done by volunteers at the club, I believe it to be a step too far.
When you have spent 2 to 4 days a week over the vast majority of the last 4 years (close season included), then I shall be more than happy to accept criticism where due.
But until then, old buddy, S T F U!

Now for today's game - COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 5 days ago #11859

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I've no problem with your reply Statto . It's an ' open ' Fans Forum and paying punters have a right to express their views good and bad . I did give my posting some forethought before I rattled the keyboard , and as usual was ' bright ' enough to qualify my statement with the key words being ' of late ' . My definition of ' of late ' is the last 2 or 3 weeks only , and I would be most surprised if you were actually at the Ground owing to other calls on your time .
I just think the Club couldn't be arsed to get someone else in to do the line markings . If I'd have been the referee at our last home game , then I would have abandoned the game before it started . The line marking was almost none existent ! or someone needs to go to Spec-Savers !.
BFN

COYR

THE RAMS HOME TO BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 5 days ago #11860

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well the heat and the spotlight is certainly off Chris & Lee now after our full-bloodied performance and 2 - 0 win today . A great turnaround from my perspective . Great to see Rubes back in the side and scoring to . Another clean sheet after conceding 11 goals in the last two games , and a big credit to our goalie today , as I thought Tom Stewart played a blinder . Add to that two big bonus's today for me personally in seeing Ryan Ellison on the pitch for the warm up , and secondly hearing the sound of the vuvuzela following our second goal - presume Killie Craig was on the end of it ? That South African vuvuzela certainly enhances our goal celebrations , as others have frowned upon our use of the drum , and certain grounds ban drums altogether .

The win today sets us up really well for our FA Trophy derby against The Red Army .

COYR

Doh ! - attendance gate was 297 . That's 97 above my estimate . Having been humbled twice in our previous two outings , this gate defies the odds , so did Brighouse bring a shedload of fans ? or are we winning over some Shakers fans for the time being ? Answers on a postcard please .
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Hackers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds