Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 1 week 4 days ago #11863

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 69
Got the makings of a cracking local derby . Following Colne's great progress in the FA Cup , and away win yesterday , then I'm sure their buoyant ' Red Army ' will be gannin down Harrison Drive in Colneland in droves in their T - 34 Red Army tanks and clogging up the M 65 on there way down to fill our car parks , but still it should prove a healthy gate , and I'm sure we all would welcome back Ms H who must from her logo be a Shakers fan . Nice one Rebecca . [ See Rammy Twitter ]

COYR

BLUE ARMY .............. BLUE ARMY .................... GOIN BARMY ........................ BARMY ARMY ............................

EDIT
Twill be FA Cup draw day today Monday for the 4th Qualifying Round . Hope Colne get a ' Biggy ' and that big it is scooped up by BT Sport and televised as their Sunday game so I can go and watch it on site .

Also , may the FA Trophy draw be done today as well ? It would save the FA Committee meeting twice .
i.e. Ramsbottom United or Colne FC will play YORK CITY or WEYMOUTH FC or on second thoughts , maybe to early for the bigger teams to enter the Competition at this early preliminary stage .
Last Edit: 1 week 8 hours ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 1 week 18 hours ago #11876

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Met Office forecast for North West not great for this game . Some heavy showers today Thursday , with some rain Friday , and Saturday dry , cloudy , with some showers . Looks like this fixture is already under threat of being called off . Well on the cards that our next game is home to Marine on Saturday 2nd November 2019 . Quite a while away .

EDIT
What a dilemma for this Saturday - to order the pies or not order the pies ! :unsure: :unsure:
Last Edit: 1 week 9 hours ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 6 days 15 hours ago #11880

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Some rain today Friday , but forecast to dry up around 12 - noon and afternoon to be dry with sunshine . Tomorrow Saturday expected to be dry too . Water table already well up , so this game on a bit of a knife edge as to whether it goes ahead or not . Think we can only expect a Sat morning pitch inspection .

COYR

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 5 days 10 hours ago #11884

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
A couple of vuvuzela's wouldn't be a bad idea today for this game to try and drown down their Red Army .

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 5 days 4 hours ago #11886

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Can't complain about the gate @ 375 , and can't complain about the result either , as Colne's second half performance was way better than ours . Think we lost out in midfield having Jamie and Danny not available . Our forward line didn't seem to gel again and that's a worry . No game next Saturday ?

COYR

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 5 days 1 hour ago #11888

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 222
An highly enjoyable first half which saw two local rivals giving it their all and joyful scenes from the Rammy support and players when we took the lead late into the first 45 minutes.

Hard to criticise the players for the second half collapse. Plenty of effort, but let's face the fact that the Colne players just wanted it more........yet again!!!!!!!!! Don't know what Steve Cunninghams secret is, but for me he is one of the best managers at this level and yet again he masterminded another victory over us.

Hard to take another defeat against Colne, but as supporters we have to and will with some grace. Shame the same can't be said of the players and coaching staff. OK, Tony Donaldson was on the wind up (nothing wrong with that if you give your team an advantage) and we responded poorly. Ruben, who has become a firm fans favourite this season, reacted poorly and deserved his red card with a very poor challenge. I'm sure the supporters can understand that and forgive it, but the reaction from some of our coaching staff was just embarrassing and not what we want at this club.

Feeling really let down tonight and not because of the result :angry:

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 5 days 58 minutes ago #11889

• UkePunk
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 54
Agree with Darkside mostly.
Our 2nd half performance was really poor, we seemed disjointed? The passing was diabolical at times and that's being polite.
Give your head a wobble Ruben, letting the smallest man on the pitch wind you up!
We absolutely hate losing to Colne, did anyone explain that to the players before this game?!
The standard of refereeing was crap at best too!
Let's file it away in the one to forget folder and move on
I rarely post on here these days and feel a bit guilty for not coming on to praise the lads when we've won but the only thing you ever see on this forum now is Hacker's utter drivel.
What a shame.
I'm off to kick the cat now.

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 5 days 28 minutes ago #11890

• Maxibo
  • Thank you received: 3
Would go one step further Daz and say Steve Cunningham is the best manager at this level, works wonders with barely no budget and has a knack of getting good players for bugger all with a collective will to fight for the club. "As an aside", your mate seems to be doing rather well at Lancaster also. :huh:

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 4 days 12 hours ago #11892

• snapdragon
  • Thank you received: 28
My thoughts on the match are similar...

We played well in the first half with a wonderful goal from Nico. A huge shout out to Tom Stewart for the penalty save - my MOTM. Also think Tom is consistently making fabulous saves this season. He has single-handedly (ok, using both hands for the pedants :P ) prevented some poor scorelines being record breaking embarrassments.

Anyways, back to yesterday... we were outplayed in the second half and Colne deserved the win (again). It was frustrating seeing Rammy squander potential opportunities by awful passing. Time and again the ball was kicked into a space and you couldn't even tell who the intended recipient was. These loose balls were then picked up by Colne who'd push forward again.

On the bright side, the Rammy team performance was better than the officials throughout the match :dry: Really not sure why either goalkeeper was given a yellow after the handbags episode - both seemed to be trying to separate people who were less calm.

Fingers crossed we come back sharper on the pitch after our match break.

COYR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

THE RAMS - vs - COLNE FC - FA TROPHY 4 days 11 hours ago #11893

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 222
Maxibo wrote:
your mate seems to be doing rather well at Lancaster

Indeed he is, at the moment, and fair play to him for that. As I've said many before though, my issues with him went much further than that and were more to do with his off-field activities and behavior
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds