Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS AWAY AT CLITHEROE

THE RAMS AWAY AT CLITHEROE 1 month 4 weeks ago #11899

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Well a smart move by the League to slot in this away fixture at Clitheroe when there is no League programme for that day . When we get there , I just hope we have a forward line . The next bit may seem a tad unfair and may prove controversial , but The Rams have scored less goals than basement dwellers and bottom team Pickering Town . As Donald Trump would say - ' Not Good ' .

COYR

EDIT
May be interesting to note the revised League Table were it to be based on ' Goals For ' only , and resultant goals per game ratio's . At today - Friday 18/10/19 the League would look like this :-

Marske Utd 2.25
Colne 2.1667
Marine 2.0
Tadcaster Alb 2.0
Workington AFC 2.0
Pontefract Coll's 1.875
Runcorn Linnets 1.8182
Mossley 1.70
Trafford 1.70
City of Liverpool 1.6250
Rammy Utd 1.5
Clitheroe 1.4545
Prescot Cables 1.3636
Dunston FC 1.333
Droylsden 1.30
Widnes 1.222
Pickering Town 1.1818
Kendal Town 0.9091
Brighouse Town 0.888
Ossett United 0.6250

Everyone at liberty to draw their own conclusions , but only teams with strength in depth will make the play-offs .
Pity that Rubes saw the ' red mist ' against Colne and got sent off , and surely won't be playing in this fixture .
My view is that you just can't lose forwards of the calibre of Jamie Rainford , who scored 18 goals for The Rams in a truncated season , and not replace him like with like .

COYR
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS AWAY AT CLITHEROE 1 month 3 weeks ago #11907

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
The Bet Victor League archives for last season show The Rams winning away 1 - 2 , and if I remember the game rightly , then it was a late winner from our hitman Jamie Rainford that secured all 3 points for us . Well whose gonna bang in the goals for The Rams this time around ? Well it ain't gonna be Jamie Rainford or Red Mist Rubes as neither will be on the park . So just where are our goals gonna come from ? This puts way to much pressure on Nic's shoulders to get The Rams over the line so to speak . Just can't see The Rams getting more than a draw out of this game , but nevertheless COYR

Hackers

THE RAMS AWAY AT CLITHEROE 1 month 3 weeks ago #11908

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Just hope the Management have put a lot of thought and effort in putting a forward line in place that can combine and penetrate the Clitheroe defence . Our goals ' for ' ratio stays the same as above as no game last Saturday the 19th .
At currently a goal and a half per game , the above table would indicate an end of season mid-table finishing berth for The Rams , unless we rattle the onion bag a bit more often . Of course , a goals per game indicator can well prove off target at times , as it is possible for a Team to be the League Champions with the lowest goals ' for ' per game ratio in the entire Division . That's just 38 goals i.e. win every game home and away 1 - 0 .
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS AWAY AT CLITHEROE 1 month 2 weeks ago #11913

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
This away game at Clitheroe in theory has all the makings of a very low scoring game . It seems we can go there with a much strengthened defence if Thommo & Ben Hampson at right-back , take to the park , and are likely to have a depleted attack with Rubes being sidelined due to his recent red card against Colne . However I think plenty opportunity for a goal or two from mid-field , provided Jamie , Steady Eddie , Danny , and now Reece Fishwick are on the park . Got the getting mightier Rams down to win by the odd goal - so that'll end up as 4 - 5 win then , just to prove me wrong ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

THE RAMS AWAY AT CLITHEROE 1 month 2 weeks ago #11914

• TottyRams
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 19
The match referee will check the pitch at Shawbridge at 11.15am

Clitheroe are telling us they don't see there being any issues.

An update will be released as soon as the pitch is looked at.

THE RAMS AWAY AT CLITHEROE 1 month 2 weeks ago #11915

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
All a bit disappointing really when you consider we won there last season , and have already beaten Clitheroe at home this season 2 - 0 . However , fair play to Clitheroe who for me shaded the game and deserved their victory by being a more co-ordinated and ' busy ' team . That's not to say that The Rams were'nt competitive , as had some really good phases of play , but as The Devil's Guard said to me pitchside , it seemed Clitheroe wanted it that little bit more .
Thought our goalkeeper Tom Stewart was again excellent and pulled of a number of great saves and leg blocks to thwart Clitheroe . Also thought that Nic was outstanding up front , leading by example and chasing everything down , with a great piece of fancy footwork to evade both goalkeeper and defenders to slot home his goal .
End result - Rams stay 9th and Clitheroe move up to 2nd spot in the League .

COYR
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS AWAY AT CLITHEROE 1 month 2 weeks ago #11916

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
We
We: at Clitheroe great seeing Thommo back and the other lads did good jobs. We did everything but everything was in the middle no wing play to speak of no midfield General and to many back up strikers looking for the centre forward but he didn't exist so there were so many passes in their box by Rammy players with no direct attack on goal. .I am not even going to blame the pitch but I don't like it. Picking up a centre forward is not an easy thing to do but a big lad up front that can head and kick the ball hard is what we need no need for a dribbler just a tank that likes to score. :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds