Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS HOME TO RUNCORN LINNETS

THE RAMS HOME TO RUNCORN LINNETS 1 month 6 days ago #11930

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
The League archives show that The Rams lost this home fixture last season going down 2 - 3 .
If I remember the game rightly , there was quite a bit of ' handbags ' going on , and The Rams reduced down to 10 or maybe 9 players , and you just can't compete at this level of football with reduced numbers and the sending off/s proved to be Rammy's undoing and the turning point for the Linnets victory .

The Rams no League game today 9th November and could find themselves in the bottom half of the Table depending upon results involving Droylsden , Brighouse and Mossley who could all leapfrog The Rams .

Important for us to win this Linnets home game and will have to contend with Jamie Rainford in their attack .

COYR

EDIT
I see our midweek Integro League Cup match has been postponed , and that Linnets will have a gruelling FA Trophy replay against Cables to contend with midweek , so all may go in Rams favour from a fitness perspective for this coming Saturday's game . We need those 3 points as we are currently down to 11th place in the League having been leap-frogged by Mossley .
Last Edit: 1 month 5 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS HOME TO RUNCORN LINNETS 1 month 5 days ago #11934

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
This match could be quite easily seen as just another home fixture , but its much more than that and in my view a BIG GAME for The Rams . We need to put a halt to our slow but downward spiral into the bottom half of the Division as are now in 11th spot . Would be good to reverse our fortunes and chalk a win on the board , but expect some handbags and no doubt some more whinging from our visitors and pressurising the referee . Lots to look forward to and expect an explosive game and a ' must attend ' for the neutrals on top of the so described seven goal thriller against Marine FC .

All well worth a 400+ gate . Let's big it Up , as most certainly best value for money venue in Town .

COYR
Last Edit: 1 month 5 days ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS HOME TO RUNCORN LINNETS 1 month 2 days ago #11938

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I see Linnets won their FA Trophy replay away at Prescot Cables 1 - 2 , and will come to The Riverside buoyed up by that fact . However , I still fancy us to take all 3 points , and think that Chris & Lee have now put together the makings of the best defence in our Division . Perm the back 4 from any seven and add our fab goalie Tom Stewart .
Seven to perm = Captain Tom , Ryan , Thommo , Hampson , Peters , Lugsden , Perkins .

COYR

THE RAMS HOME TO RUNCORN LINNETS 4 weeks 1 day ago #11942

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Would have been an injustice had The Rams lost this game . However , fair play to Linnets who clearly came to win the game , and I thought that their defensive unit was outstanding throughout the full ninety . Thought their defence was a slick unit , winning almost all aerial challenges , and directing their headers to fellow players . Very efficient and effective .
As for The Rams we are clearly missing a ' striker ' who has a distinct understanding that goals are scored by hitting the ball under the bar as opposed to skying his effort into the TNT car park ! Hope that Rubes should be up for selection for this coming Tuesday's fixture away at Cables .

Gate @ 359 which I think would be seen as pretty good , and well done to all the travelling Linnets fans who came over in great numbers and were a credit to their Club .

COYR
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.
Time to create page: 0.653 seconds