Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reality Check

Reality Check 4 weeks 13 hours ago #11945

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 33
After 11 games last season, we had just 14 points; having won 3, drawn 5 and lost 3. However, we then won 12, drew 1 and lost just 2 of the next 15 games; after which we had all-but 2 points per game played.
Atherton Collieries were the only team to better 2 points per game in our league and of course were promoted automatically.
I believe that the 2 points per game has got to be the target and therefore for every game we lose we have to win 2; and for every game we draw we have to win 1.
With that in mind, we have to win our next 5 games to be "back-on-track".
Is that achievable?
I believe that the team is starting to pull together and are creating chances BUT somebody has got to start taking those chances on a regular basis.
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

Reality Check 3 weeks 6 days ago #11948

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Just great to see that Statto must have bought some ' cobs ' to stoke up his coal-fired laptop ! Well he's certainly bashed out some interesting stat's there which give plenty food for thought , and I wouldn't argue with him .
Another way to look at things is to consider how many League games we have played and how many left to play . Well , as of today we've completed 11 out of our 38 League games . That's not even one third of our League fixtures , so a really whopping chunk of the Season left to play . I'm rock sure that very soon we will have the best defence in our Division when Ryan is fully fit , and we've yet to see Mr. Peters . We know all about the need for an out and out striker , and must surely now welcome Rubes back to face the Cables . It could prove to be the final piece in the jigsaw , and if Rubes chooses himself to put his ' aggressive head ' on then as I've said before he can be ' unplayable ' , but sadly at times past , he has just been an ineffective limp shadow on the pitch . Just amazing how one player can go from HERO to ZERO game by game . This is purely a 100% mental thing and the Manager needs to sort this inconsistency out quickstix and rapidly needs to learn how to polish a rough diamond , as I'm very sure the Manager just hasn't got a clue how to get the best out of Rubes , - not even an inkling of an idea or plan !

Anyway - COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds