Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS -vs- MARSKE UNITED

RAMS -vs- MARSKE UNITED 2 weeks 4 days ago #11967

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Another real cracker of a game in prospect . Marske will travel down all the way from Marske -by the -Sea in Cleveland , and an approx. 250 mls round trip .
Marske are a top side and currently in 3rd place in the Table . Their away record to date is W2 - D1 - L1 . Not a lot you can glean from playing only 4 away games . Really looking forward to this match , especially after skinning COL last night , and confidence should be high following that superb win .

COYR
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS -vs- MARSKE UNITED 2 weeks 2 days ago #11969

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Looks like the main pre-match talking point will be the weather and the prospect of a frozen pitch . Not good , but would be interesting to know the short term weather forecast for this weekend . Any budding John Kettley's out there ?

COYMR

#MIGHTYRAMS

RAMS -vs- MARSKE UNITED 2 weeks 1 day ago #11971

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Deffo that Marske players and fans will be travelling down by coach . Well that makes an awful lot of sense to me . Cost per person is £20 . We must try that one out for the inevitable reverse fixture . Seems a good idea to me .

Hackers

Also , totally agree with TC's Match Preview , when he says the game is worthy of a good turn-out from the supporters . A bit puzzling to me as to why the Linnets game drew 359 and yet the City of Liverpool game only attracted 161 . Find that odd . In fact I find it totally baffling ! It's more than a 50% drop in attendance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.

RAMS -vs- MARSKE UNITED 2 weeks 1 day ago #11972

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
The Rams in seventh heaven and so they should be after skinning the City of Liverpool earlier in the week 5 - 0 , and now given Marske a good thumping with a 5 - 1 scoreline . That's 10 goals ' for ' in the last two games . I thought the first 45mins against Marske were the most fiercely competitive I have seen in any game for the past 10 years or so . No doubt that Marske came all fired up and came to win and take ' no prisoners ' whatsoever . A very fit and tough and partly rough outfit who like COL will be travelling back home just wondering how they got beat so comprehensively . Well that's an easy one to answer . Quite simply The Rams have now hit top form and have more skilful players than they do . Bet it's an awful long time ago that they heard the opposition fans chanting ' We Want Six ' - if ever !

Come on the Mighty Rams
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tanners croft

RAMS -vs- MARSKE UNITED 2 weeks 17 hours ago #11976

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 20
Apologies for interrupting your train of thought, Hackers and a further apology if I'm repeating anything you've said. I'll be honest, I lost concentration some time ago.

I expected a bit more edge from an admittedly underwhelming opposition yesterday; they just about held it together for the first forty-five, but by the time the ref emerged from his half-time nap and got things going again, it was pretty clear which was the three points were heading. Even if the Seasiders had been firing on all cylinders, they'd have struggled to take anything away from Fort Riverside with performances of that level of professionalism.
It was refreshing to see the lads going for the 50:50 balls. Recently I think we've shied away from those challenges (more often than not in our own box too, letting sloppy goals in) but yesterday they were going for every ball and it helped us maintain a level of fluidity that Marske simply couldn't keep up with. It may just have been an attempt to keep body temperatures above freezing but whatever the plan was, it worked.
I was a little surprised to see a triple substitution with a good 15 minutes still to go, but even that proved to be a risk worth taking once Karl Jones' legs thawed out and whipped a cheeky cherry across for Nico to pop on top of the cake. I'd also love to see a bit more game time for Mason, personally. I feel he's a little under utilised and adds another dimension to our attacking game - not that we needed it yesterday, mind.
Glad to see Tom Stewart growing in confidence too, particularly with set pieces, going for a few more aerial balls and commanding the box with greater authority. The defence is really coming along nicely of late, especially now that the Thommo-shaped brick wall has been rebuilt.

Also if you slow down the video highlights from yesterday, you can just about make out a blurry Iyrwah Gooden. Hard to capture with the naked eye, but if you do catch a glimpse, what a sight. Terrific performance.
Hammering five past a title favourite though will certainly put the Rams in the cross-hairs so I'd be wary of complacency- particularly with the traditionally packed festive fixtures round the corner.
Keeping up that sort of performance though, from both fans and players, we won't go far wrong.

This made me laugh too. Clearly munching on the same sour grapes as their number one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Katie, From the Darkside, Hackers

RAMS -vs- MARSKE UNITED 2 weeks 16 hours ago #11978

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 225
After the highlights of last season, I had been somewhat underwhelmed by our start to this one and felt that we had been underachieving. However, full credit has to go to the manager in turning our fortunes and, for the second season running, giving the supporters a genuine belief that we can challenge at the top of the table.

I have been critical at times, especially with the turnover of players, but praise must go to Chris for rebuilding the team which is, arguably, stronger than last seasons. Richie Barker seems to be final piece in the jigsaw, as well as the catalyst, for our recent performances and what a stroke of genius in bringing him into the club.

I've enjoyed the last couple of games more than any this season and we now seem to have a tight knit group of players who are enjoying their football and getting results. Praise to all, but special mentions to Iyrwah Gooden (MOTM for me in the last two games) and Reece Fishwick/Ben Hampson who seem to have sorted out the right back problem we had earlier in the season

Onwards to Tadcaster and can't wait to see this team in action again :woohoo:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 15 hours ago by From the Darkside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds