Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ LEAGUE ]

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ LEAGUE ] 6 months 1 week ago #12043

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 93
Well , I'z back , and did keep my part of the bargain not to post for the remainder of last month . Let's hope the 20's are the Roaring Twenties for our Club and we really do become the Mighty Rams . Like Mottty used to say " It's a great time to be a Rammy fan " .

Looks like we've got a fullsome fixture list for the month of January , with a couple of biggies along the way . Firstly CoL away , and then the real biggy being Workington AFC at home . A possible 8 games in all , if we progress in the Integro League Cup and a potential return to Trafford .

Much to look forward to .

ps - Talking abaat January , what's all this Veganuary tosh abaat ? Our lads need to run on T - Bone and Rib - Eye steaks , and not just munch on cabbages and posh lettuce . Cor blimey Riley ! - just what's the world coming to !

COYR
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ LEAGUE ] 6 months 1 week ago #12045

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 93
Not sure the shortest and fastest way back to Rammy is via Urmston , Chorlton , and past the former G-Mex in the City Centre , but not really fussed having secured the main deal which was the full three points . Thought we would come away with a clean sheet , but not to be. Star performers for me on the day were Tom Stewart , Kelvin outstanding in defence , and of course Nic whose second goal was a belter and well aided by Mason . All in all a good afternoon's work and pleased to see Workington get beaten which narrows that gap to just three points now , but other predators just around the corner in the shape of Ponte Coll's , Taddy , and Marske . Also good to see Irywah complete his 3 match ban . All set fair for an exciting second half to the Season .

COYR
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ LEAGUE ] 6 months 1 week ago #12047

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Not posted on here for a while but just want to say credit where credit is due to the players and management. After what many deemed a lacklustre pre-season in terms of preparation and a torrid October, people were starting to ask questions. But now with a few new (and returning) players added to the mix, the team have responded brilliantly over the last two months. That includes today, when in my opinion our superior attacking talent in the final 3rd won us the game. Keep it up boys. COYR.

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ LEAGUE ] 6 months 1 week ago #12049

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Motty, Todays game: was our attackers but again with Richie dropping into defence the big whole reappeared and if I had been in the other dug-out I would have wrote down a change to our teams play for the manager {that stays in my pocket my thoughts are mine not for other teams} . The lads at the back held well the change came when the subs came on and to pick a man of the match I don't go for goal scorers I go for creativeness and work rate that goes to Mason Fawn a substitute he delivered what was needed . :evil:

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ LEAGUE ] 6 months 1 week ago #12050

• BroxBlue
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Thought the substitutions completely changed the game from one that had been fairly even (Trafford should have @ least levelled the scoreline) to swinging well in our favour after the 65th minute!!
The speed of thought, passing tempo, movement & endeavour all went up several notches, whether that was down to the addition of the subs or the removal of the 2 replaced players I'll let you decide??
New Years resolution, relentless positivity, so I'll put it down to the Sub's introduction!!

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ LEAGUE ] 6 months 6 days ago #12051

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
Always a tough game going to Trafford and, although we never came close to reaching the heights of Boxing Day, a hard earned win and deserved 3 points to keep us right up there challenging the top of the table.

We seem to have a great team spirit now and this was epitomised by the celebrations, in front of the travelling Rammy supporters, after Nico's unstoppable 2nd goal. Wonderful stuff indeed. With two goals have to give Nico the MOM, but another team performance where all, well nearly all, gave it 100% yet again. A few eyebrows raised pre-match when Richie Baker was announced in central defence, but he didn't look out of place in that position.

Finally, and backing up what others have said, the third away game in a row (after Tadcaster and Widnes) where the substitutions have changed the course of the game for which Chris and the coaching team deserve praise.

Enjoying watching The Rams more than I have done for a long time and a real feelgood factor on the terraces at the moment.

See you all in less than 48 hours then, lads 'n' lasses :woohoo:

THE RAMS AWAY AT TRAFFORD [ LEAGUE ] 6 months 6 days ago #12052

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Mr. Darkside: Richie didn't look out of place but it did differentiate the place I want him in and to me it really did show that empty space. MOM always goes from one to the other it has to in the attendance booth's ,but it goes down to were you see it from mind games see things so differently mine I was in the booth behind the dug-outs were I stood for so long well.l ways stood at the side on my own. When Darlington were at our place I was sat in with the Darlington supporters and one guy asked me my MOM I retorted well it's not your keeper he hasn't seen the ball he said we have a game of MOM going home on the coach and everyone will pick our goal scorer, {Terry} well I would pick your number 10 he created the goals and his work-rate was brilliant the guy said to me you made me realize what he has done we only see the ones that score them I am going to say the one you picked and everybody will look at me trying to understand why thanks pal. Daz you know what my thoughts were about before the opening whistle just a football chat One thing I have in my years on earth a football brain maybe not much more in the damaged thing but it's enough to keep me happy. See you Saturday were ever I am asked to be maybe well inside the ground but I want to do anything I havn't done in my football bucket list and that's near empty now pal. :evil:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds