Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN

THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN 3 weeks 4 days ago #12046

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Well I don't think you could describe this game as a banana skin in the waiting , and if either Littlewood's or Vernon's Pools still existed , then I'm sure that both would have it down as a home banker .

COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN 3 weeks 4 days ago #12048

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Hackers, I quite understand what your saying but that's why Littlewoods and Vernons Pools got their money, bankers don't all end up that way. We need our first 11 playing our winning way and wanting to beat them no games are a jaunt my friend. The Devils Guard

THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN 3 weeks 3 days ago #12053

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Pickering's record (away) P11, W0, D0, L11, Goals for 8, Goals conceded 35.
Let's have no complacency!
Do the job!
And reach the "2 - points a game" average that should see us in the play-offs (at least).
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN 3 weeks 2 days ago #12055

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
Ow do and Happy New Year,

As has been mentioned, on paper this looks a home banker and with our recent home form it would be easy to think we should be getting double figures in goals against these, but.... their manager left the club yesterday/today, which as we all know as football fans can bring about either a massive upturn in a teams performance, or hopefully for us, it just leaves them a little more disjointed.
Now I`ve no doubt with Chris and the rest of the management teams experience that they wont be underestimating Pickerings current plight at the bottom, so a decent performance a couple of goals and 3 points is expected, but football is, as the great man said "its a funny old game saint".
ewe rams (emoji of rams head) uptheramsbottom

Si thi,
Tanners 8)

THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN 3 weeks 2 days ago #12057

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Looks like my initial posting has irked a few forummies and proved a tad controversial and a bit of a talking point . Well it was just a statement of fact in that any Pools Company still going would have this match down as a home banker , but of course this can only be a forecast . Tanners is spot on when he refers to a change of Manager . The new Manager is a former player for the Pikes and has given up his role as First Team Coach at Scarboro so no duck egg . However , I just don't believe that just one person can change the Pikes fortunes overnight . I'm sure they'll come to The Riverside with a certain amount of re-invigoration but for me they've got nowt to come , and in any event the word ' complacency ' is just not in our Manager's vocabulary .

COYR

THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN 3 weeks 2 days ago #12058

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 233
Hackers wrote:
Looks like my initial posting has irked a few forummies and proved a tad controversial

Except it hasn't has it?

THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN 3 weeks 1 day ago #12059

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Some excellent other fixtures that could help The Rams today are Marine play Colne , Marske play Brighouse ,
Taddy play Ponte Coll's , and maybe even Trafford could squeeze a point being away @ Workington . You never know , but much potential there for things to go our way . Fingers crossed .

THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN 3 weeks 1 day ago #12060

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well to some degree , other results did go our way with Trafford squeezing a point out of Workington , although never behind , and Colne's draw at Marine enabling The Rams to go 2nd in the League , and maybe the perfect result for us with Taddy -v- Ponte Coll's also ending in a drawn game . The only let down being Brighouse getting no change at Marske . Also big congrats to Nic who is now joint top scorer in our North West Division . Roll on Bamber Bridge and then City of Liverpool.

COYR
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by Hackers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

THE RAMS -V- PICKERING TOWN 3 weeks 1 day ago #12061

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
A banana skin it looked like two teams around the same position in the league it could have been 4 - 1 The Rams or 3 -3 at the end...Pickering Town did not look like a team at the bottom of the league. This was not an enjoyable game to watch but a great game to have a group together Rams fans and Pickering fans talking out the scenes of the day. I stated that any keeper that comes so far out of his area is asking for a high ball over his head and he got one, the youngster who covered for Tom did a good job it is not easy to step into a team in any position especially between the sticks. But why are goalkeepers coached to fill the gap between themselves and the defenders that all of a sudden gives a team no goalkeeper, a keeper knows when to come out not for an imaginary ball but the attacking kind.. The Pickering guys were top people and one said to me after I said you really played well his answer yes but going home with nothing I answered you are going home with pride that doesn't help the points you need but its better than going home shown up. We have three points and as Hackers said the other results went for us but one C'mon You Rams. The Cup game Tuesday then the City of Liverpool in the league hopefully See You At These Matches. : :evil:
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds