Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAMS AWAY AT BRIGHOUSE TOWN

RAMS AWAY AT BRIGHOUSE TOWN 2 weeks 18 hours ago #12075

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Just putting the heading up , but two things worthy of note . Firstly , Brighouse had a good home win yesterday beating Runcorn Linnets 2 - 0 at home , and secondly our Super Greg Daniels on dual registration @ Cheade Town scored a header to win their game @ New Mills , then received his obligatory yellow card on 75 mins and then subbed on 77 mins . All in a day's work for that lad !

COYR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS AWAY AT BRIGHOUSE TOWN 2 weeks 16 hours ago #12076

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 33
With the team seemingly firing on all cylinders, I am looking forward to this one.
However, a note of caution. Brighouse don't seem to do draws at home.
In the 8 games that they have scored - they have won the game. Conversely, in the 5 games that they haven't scored - they have lost.
So a "clean sheet" should see us through!!
My recollection of their pitch is that it slopes from end to end and from left to right - looking down hill. This, coupled with wind conditions, requires a strategy for passing the ball accurately and using the width of the pitch.
I'm sure we will have one!!
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!

RAMS AWAY AT BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 3 days ago #12085

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
The First Time At This Ground: Oh! dear another slanted one Thanks for the warning johnharryayers the only reason I will go to watch football ? at pitches that are 'oh the hills are alive with the sound of comedy football' is the team I have chosen are going there. Bruce Rioch one of the managers I have worked with would have demonstrated against his lads having to run up and down hills while not training, but I suppose they had to stick this pitch somewhere in the hills of Yorkshire. UP AND DOWN THE HILLS WE WILL GO so >>> C'MON *U* RAMS :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hackers

RAMS AWAY AT BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 1 day ago #12088

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Firstly, fair play to Brighouse. Not a bad side at all, worked hard to grind us down and made it difficult for us on a bobbly pitch.

Subs again made a big impact, delighted for danny who’s worked hard and deserved his goal. More importantly the resilience and never day die attitude of the team at 2-1 down to come back and turn it around was excellent.

Big win that, just need to stop giving sloppy goals away now and shooting ourselves in the foot! Hopefully see some of you Tuesday COYR!

RAMS AWAY AT BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 1 day ago #12089

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Yep , echo everything Mottty says . Just a terrific fightback from The Rams to come back from 1 - 2 down and then come out victors at 3 - 2 . Quite some team performance , and no doubt that our substitutions were well thought out , and timely , and changed the face of the game . Brighouse were really well up for this game and fought like hellcats to win , and if they play their remaining home games like that , they'll give very few points away to whatever opposition they play and that includes all the other top teams bar none . Good to see and hear all the Rammy fans in good voice and as they say bring on Workington . If The Rams do become League Champions , then I think we will look back at this battling performance and see it as a key moment in our hunt for success .

Will have to give Dunston trip a coat of thinking about .

COYR
Last Edit: 1 week 20 hours ago by Hackers.

RAMS AWAY AT BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 1 day ago #12090

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Whoever turned the headlights off after five minutes of the second half worked wonders someone must have shouted your Rams not rabbits and with subs on the park away the Rams went. I know I shouted your winners look like it not because of that but our lads did the winning motions well enough to win, Brig are a team that don't like getting beaten on their own patch and made us work of it. A bit of old time footy except the ref was still in todays laws maybe for the better it is football.of today. The engines are running well if Dunston does go ahead we do it again then get revved up for the showcase of the day maybe of the season v Workington on Saturday. One up four play off best place is *just* at the top. C'MON U RAMS . .. :evil:

RAMS AWAY AT BRIGHOUSE TOWN 1 week 16 hours ago #12093

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 233
As others have mentioned, Brighouse were a hard working side and made it difficult for us yesterday. Particularly impressed with both their full backs and a couple of great battles with them up against Nico and Iyrwah.

Not as 'pretty' as some of our recent victories, but we've discussed a few times recently how it will be a test of our team when we have to win 'ugly'. Well, we had to that yesterday and came through that test with another victory and showing what great team spirit we have.

Finally, another excellent turnout of Rams supporters and plenty of noise in the second half. Lets keep it going :woohoo:
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds