Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 8 months 4 days ago #12086

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
To be noted that Dunston's last home game [ Jan 14th - Integro ] was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch . Been plenty rain up North this week and every chance this coming Tuesday night League fixture won't go ahead . Crazy distance to have to travel on a Tuesday night ! @ 288 miles round trip from Bury .
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 8 months 1 day ago #12101

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
By the way , is anyone actually going up to Dunston ? I'm still u'mming and ah'ing about it , although having the time I feel I ought to be there to support the lads . Let's just see how long this fog lasts .

COYR

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 8 months 11 hours ago #12105

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Weather seems OK so it's Ha ' Way the lads . I'll change my avatar for 24 hours .
Think this game is a win , lose , or draw for the lads , but other possibilities exist . Postponement for one - unusually high tide on the Tyne might flood the jobby out . Secondly , abandonment could occur for many reasons - sandstorm , typhoon , earthquake , streakers constantly on the pitch , floodlight failure , Martian Invasion , Civil War , and all the more likely than Snapdragon and LJDV turning up !!!

HA'WAY THE LADS - C U THERE
nb Setting off at 4.00pm so El Tactico and Hackers should be there before 9 . Don't want a Maltby Main scenario and arriving a few mins before half-time ! . How not funny is that .
Last Edit: 8 months 10 hours ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 8 months 7 hours ago #12106

• snapdragon
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 34
Hackers, just logging onto the forum for the first time this year because I seem to be singled out along with LJDV for not going the match tonight.

To be honest, I expect quite a few folk will be unable to make it due to work commitments - myself included.

I think your name and shame approach is nothing short of bullying.
Last Edit: 8 months 6 hours ago by snapdragon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 8 months 3 hours ago #12107

• Rameeza Porter
  • Thank you received: 8
Half-time: Dunston 1 Rammy 2!!

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 8 months 2 hours ago #12108

• Rameeza Porter
  • Thank you received: 8
Ah well!
Full-time: Dunston 3 Rammy 2.
Will need to beat Workington on Saturday!

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 8 months 49 minutes ago #12109

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
It would be easy for me to come on here and rant and rave and slag all the players off tonight. But everyone at the club has to see the bigger picture. We’ve lost one game, a tight game that could’ve quite easily swung the other way. We have just been on a 13 game unbeaten run in the league, and dragged ourselves from a bang average position into a title race in the space of 3 months.

Yes tonight we were out battled at times, and we do in my opinion need defensive reinforcements. But it’s important we don’t lose sight of where we are. We can still go top on Saturday if we win... so get yourselves down to the Riverside on Saturday and get behind the boys!!! COYR

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 7 months 4 weeks ago #12110

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Putting tonight's let down which it was for the eight to Dunston Rams Fans if I missed anyone and I saw you whoops.
I saw on Saturday that Richie had a thigh knock and using ice bags he would not be a player at Dunston and didn't it show. All we had covering the back lads in the middle was grass it was a middle of the table display back to were we were mid-table, Richie isn't king of the hill but someone anyone holding midfield tonight would have held the quirky team playing against us they looked good they are not good they were allowed to penetrate us because the grass didn't stop them. I seem to get picked out by opposition fans for knowledge I gave it to them and they are part of what I have just written above they could not understand how their team turned the game against the second in the league supporters don't understand without help they do now. We played long balls that ended up back in our midfield Jamie and Eddie are attacking midfielders that is their role and they do it well but me being me I work out what needs to change and it doesn't take me long. I am not condemning anyone on the park or anyone who could not go to the game, but maybe I am condemning the way we played. Needed if one could get another holding midfielder a youngster or older who Richie could help and a big centre back who would get it out by head or feet. Things I have done with other teams and managers help them in thought. Hope tonight's game hasn't made me be 'out of place' with structural meaning ..:evil:
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by The Devils Guard.

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 7 months 4 weeks ago #12111

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Back home @ 12. 18 am , so not too bad .
Good that we were all VIP's on the night with free admission , sarnies , and tea/coffee etc . Thank the Club for that .
As for the match , I'm still sure we had the stronger squad on the night , so how come we lost ? The reason we got beat was two-fold . Firstly , Dunston won at least 80% of the aerial battles in mid-field , and secondly with Richie Baker our ' holding midfielder ' out injured we did not replace him with another holding midfielder when Danny Naidole or Mason Fawns would have been an ideal shoe-in . To revert back to the duo of Jamie and Steady Eddie controlling midfield is a complete No No , as they're here , there , and everywhere , and when the opposition attack us and cut through us easily like a knife thro butter we ship goals . Got it tactically all wrong last night . We can't blame the players . Simply not a jolly spiffing and hurrah , hurrah game of footy what . Off to my Private Club now in Westminster with Hooray Henry and Cecilia and Tamzin .

COYR
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.

THE RAMS AWAY AT DUNSTON UTS FC 7 months 4 weeks ago #12113

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
snapdragon wrote:
Hackers, just logging onto the forum for the first time this year because I seem to be singled out along with LJDV for not going the match tonight.

To be honest, I expect quite a few folk will be unable to make it due to work commitments - myself included.

I think your name and shame approach is nothing short of bullying.

A shame that no attempt to apolgise, or even justify the reasons, for singling supporters out for not attending last night. Once again, Hackers chooses to ignore messages aimed at him (often with advice on how to act on here) and continues to suck the life out of the forum.

The sad thing about this is that, from my regular chats with him at the game, I know he is actually a decent chap, but his postings on here are alienating him and peeing a lot of supporters off
The following user(s) said Thank You: snapdragon
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds