Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 8 months 4 days ago #12087

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Just putting the heading up , but don't think that even Mystic Meg if she ain't pushing up daisies could predict the relevant league positions of the Top 5 teams prior to this game ' kicking off ' which it may well do with some handbags at some point during the full - ninety . Not exactly a ' title decider ' but a few permutations possible with one being Marske United away at Workington this Saturday and well expect Marske to win that game and give Workington a good pasting . Let's hope for a bumper gate and would be most disappointing for our game not to exceed the 450 mark . A long way for the Workington fans to travel [ 130 miles one way ] , but I'm pretty sure that will be par for the course for most of their away matches , but hoping for a good turnout from them also , and a great match atmosphere . All the ingredients there for a cracking game and just need the weather to behave itself . Mr Frost go away .

COYR

LATE EXTRA
Mmmmmmmm - well just Doh ! ! - my worst prediction yet , maybe my worst ever , well hush my gob . Feel badly let down by Marske and obviously not the team I thought they were losing the game 2 - 0 .
The Rams away Tuesday night at Dunston and Workington no midweek game , so it could follow that instead of us entertaining top of League Workington this coming Sat , it's the reverse in fact as we could leap-frog them and become the table-toppers ourselves but would need a win at Dunston as a draw wouldn't do it [ goal difference fecks the job up as Work + 31 and Rams + 26 ] and that's despite The Mighty Rams being the current top scorers with 58 goals which is more currently than any other team across all 3 Divisions of the Bet Victor Northern Premier League :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Last Edit: 8 months 2 days ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 8 months 2 days ago #12096

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Well , the rumour mill has it that Workington AFC will bring a large number of their supporters down to The Riverside this coming Saturday , and why shouldn't they as it all can add to a great atmosphere which both teams justly deserve for efforts given to date . Sorry to say again , and I know it's just a moment in time that will soon pass , but The Rams really are currently the top goal scorers across the entire League on 58 goals for , with Stamford on 57 , and FC United of Manchester/Cleethorpes on 53 and Leek 52.

All that's a big feather in Rammy's cap .

COYR
Last Edit: 8 months 2 days ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 8 months 20 hours ago #12104

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
I don't know what the attendance figure will reach for this game , but am told it is being widely advertised in the Town itself . It is going to be a top of the League encounter between the top 2 teams irrespective of which team start the game as League leaders . I hope its a bumper gate for all , and if it turns out that way , then we need to make sure we have two turnstiles up and running and plenty of plain crisps in the Tea Bar .

Roll on Saturday .

COYR

LATE EXTRA
Have to fully agree with Rameeza , that having lost at Dunston last night , then the Workington game takes on much greater significance and is now a ' must win game ' if we want to be Champions and gain automatic promotion . Speaking briefly to some fellow forummies last night at the final whistle , who reckon Workington will whitewash us and play us off the park if we play the same way as last night and ruthlessly expose our midfield failings in having no midfield ' holding ' player . Just hope the powers that be take notice of our tactical mess-up at Dunston and put remedial measures in place . No rocket science this one .

Hackers aka ' Tory Boy ' .
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 7 months 4 weeks ago #12112

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Big congrat's to Nico who now sits atop the North West Division goal scorers with 16 goals with no penalties . Seriously well done Mr. Evangelinos .

COYR

The BIG GAME coming up soonish now . Notable that other fixtures that may help on the day are :- Marine -v- Brighouse , Marske -v- Cables , and Pickering at home to Ponte Coll's , but don't see any joy for The Rams from that lot of fixtures other than maybe a drawn game at Marine , as I can't see Brighouse going down if they play like hellcats again and can take their home form with them . Yep , just more informative shite from me !!
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Hackers.

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 7 months 3 weeks ago #12123

• The Devils Guard
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Seeing I placed a piece about the Dunston game about a big whole in or squad format, knowing Richie would be out and a guess 4 to 5 weeks if my thoughts are correct with his injury. Today we played as one will know Workington I was not expecting this or that or the other if the team were put out the same way as the Tuesday game. Well I helped to sell the programmes helped to sell the Golden Goal Tickets and orchestrated the fans into the two turn styles that opened for the 622 that attended then went to watch the game. I was asked what I thought and I watched the playing roles Eddie was the first holing midfielder when he went up the park Jamie took the holding role and the whole dimension of the team was strong personally I was very much pleased the same players with a change of torque worked wonders. Maybe Workington came down with a promenade stanch and found out who watched the Dunston game the tactics had changed. Well done we are back on the winning way with a sway of playing knowledge. The Devils Guard {The Watching Eye} :evil:

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 7 months 3 weeks ago #12124

• LJDV
  • Thank you received: 21
Well, well, well. What a difference having all the proper fans there makes ey. Winky face.
And gratifying evidence if ever it was needed that those at the top can be toppled.
Not the Rams though, of course. Days like that, we're as bulletproof as Trump's car. God only knows why he'd need such a thing. It's almost as though he expects his behaviour will cause someone to want to roll up and shoot him in the face.
But sorry I digress - I just had a sudden urge to spout political ramblings for some reason.
Back to the game! Absolutely smashed it. Good effort all round from literally every single player in blue (and green - Tom Stewart COMMANDED that box today. Unlike Purple Ronnie at the other end who was trying to command the entire frigging pitch. Wasn't a proud day for him.) Pretty mean joke from Chris and the gang though for leaving poor Jamie on right to the very end. Even put his number up on the board to make him run half way off the pitch before whisking Ruben off instead. lols. Poor lad took a battering. He deserves MOTM just for that. Probably couldn't call it to be fair though cos they all played their socks off. Greg probably gets my final vote.

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 7 months 3 weeks ago #12126

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 171
Superb result. We made Workington look very ordinary, or maybe they did that themselves, but either way. Result!

The energy and fitness of our squad was a joy to behold and the defensive errors that led to recent average (Brighouse) and disappointing (Dunston) performances were nowhere to be seen. Every player played his part in keeping that clean sheet, including all of the front 3.

In the second half we should've had another 4 goals really (I'd have put money on Ruben and Nico to score those one-on-ones) and there was some wayward passing but none of that mattered in the end because we remained solid at the back. An excellent team performance and a wonderful advert for the club in front of 622 people, many of whom hadn't been to the Riverside before.

Top of the league, let's make sure we stay there!! Yoooouuuuu Raaaaammmms!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobytrotter58, The Devils Guard

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 7 months 3 weeks ago #12127

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 31
How ironic, that after a few weeks of shipping goals for fun, we manage to keep a clean sheet against one of the meanest defences in our league. Sure, we did ride our luck at times, as all good teams do. It certainly made up for the disappointing result at Dunston.

As has become normal. Tom Stewart put in a great performance between the sticks to keep the Reds at bay. For once, Workington looked an ordinary outfit, like all teams, they had an off day and we took advantage of that. Our back four looked solid, the midfield ran their socks off. It was up front that bothered me a little by not taking the chances created. On another day, it could have been 6 or 7.

But hey, not many teams have achieved a clean sheet against a team that will surely be in the mix come the end of April. Looking forward to the trip to Droylsden, where the Bloods are never an easy outfit on their own patch.

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 7 months 3 weeks ago #12128

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
A most memorable afternoon down at The Riverside.

A performance the players can be proud of and, apart from a couple of excellent saves from Tom, we never really looked under threat after going 2-0 up. And, as others have mentioned, we could have added to our goal tally on another day.

And what about the attendance of 622 :woohoo: Around 100 Workington supporters made the journey which means at least 500 there to support The Rams and lets hope they return in future. Why wouldn't they after yesterday ?

Still some way to go to the end of the season, but we are right up there and no reason why we can't stay at the top with this team
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard

RAMS HOME TO WORKINGTON AFC - THE BIG ONE 7 months 3 weeks ago #12129

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 31
It was also a good job that Harry did open the extra turnstile entrance, otherwise, a delay to entry would have been an unwanted diversion from what was a great day of football for the club. I've thought for a while that the standard of football we have played is worthy of higher gates.

An average of 350 plus would not be out of place. As Darkside alludes to, we can only hope that any newbie who saw the game would relish the thought of seeing more.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Tobytrotter58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Devils Guard
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds