Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Droylsden FC

Droylsden FC 2 weeks 5 days ago #12139

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Away from home v Droylsden .
This like any other game is there for the taking, but that does not mean taking to the field with a promenade walk with the expectancy to win. We always want to win but right system right heads and the team as one together. After the big win everyone will want our scalp from next to the top to the bottom when their game slots in, sitting on top brings its downfalls till the end of the season we can't get no higher but there's a long way down. We are The Rams all of us let that be shown. Down to the Butchers we go. :evil:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Droylsden FC 2 weeks 4 days ago #12141

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
Good words from El Tactico .
Just great to see The Rams top of the Division , and still the Northern Premier league top scorers with 62 goals across all 3 Divisions , and furthermore great to see we now have 3 players in our Division's top ten goalscorers with Nico No. 1 with 16 goals , and then Iyrwah and Josh both on 9 . That's a collective total of 34 league goals to date and over 50% of all our league goals scored and even better still all goals in open play and no pen's - just dandy , and hope Nico goes on to win the ' Golden Boot ' as Gassy did , so fingers crossed for him .

As for the Droylsden game , although we beat them 5 - 0 at home , no easy games in this League , and worth noting that Droylsden had a very good away win at City of Liverpool last week . A big , wide flat pitch which should suit our wing play and hope Nico and Irywah turn their full-backs inside-out . Much to look forward to .

COYR
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Hackers.

Droylsden FC 2 weeks 4 days ago #12142

• Little Katie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 165
It's our fourth visit to Droylsden but the first time on a Saturday. Will be weird to be there in daylight!

Droylsden FC 2 weeks 4 days ago #12143

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Take your point Katie. However, I'll accept 3 points no matter what time we kick off, day or night.

Droylsden FC 2 weeks 3 days ago #12145

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I see that all our main rivals also playing away today , with Ponte @ Clitheroe , Marske @ Mossley , Marine @ Ossett , Workington @ Cables . I'm expecting The Rams to get some joy from these fixtures and hope that Clitheroe can do a job on the dark horse coming up on the rails , and Cables can get something out of their game against Workington . Could all end up in a good Saturday for us in consolidating our position as League leaders provided of course we do the Droylsden Double .

COYR

LATE EXTRA
Just hope these bloomin strong winds die down , as they can make the game a lottery !

LATE LATE EXTRA .
Well much joy for The Rams with a solid 3 - 0 away win , but little joy from the other League results apart from Mossley doing us a favour sinking Marske . The darkhorse coming into the limelight now and need stuffing by some team , but at least have to come to The Riverside yet , and Workington soon to play their evening fixture game in hand , but Rams stay top .

COYR
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Hackers.

Droylsden FC 2 weeks 2 days ago #12151

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 235
Not at our best yesterday, but that's not a criticism and we did more than enough for a comfortable three points.

The pitch meant that playing on the floor was never going to be easy and the strong winds made playing the long ball something of a gamble. Never looked in any trouble and a well deserved win when all things considered. Any team with ambitions of winning the league need to show they can win games when not at their best and we did that yesterday.

Three home games coming up and, although nothing is certain in football, a great chance to extend our lead over the chasing pack. We've got the players to do that and just got make sure we have the right mentality to make it happen
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by From the Darkside.

Droylsden FC 2 weeks 2 days ago #12153

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
To accept the fact that we play against different teams in one league that have different football levels does not bring a comfort to no manager the challenge comes from next to the top all the way down to the bottom. Orthodox football is what you usually get including big boots of the ball trying to pass the midfield we now have a guard against that and create an attacking line after it, yesterdays game with the weather and the pitch was strange a soggy ground then second half rain for a short but quite heavy drop made soggy go into a skiddy surface. So the length of a pass changed within those minutes I really have enjoyed my time going through school, amateur to premier football {reserve and youth } and continental play ability that took my name into one mouth as the Mighty Marsh instead of the Mighty Magyars I was really proud to be called that from the man that created the term.
Daz I enjoyed the way we countered the pitch the weather and Droylsden's efforts to out play us, and the words that the manager shouted about one thing. I was as near to the dug-out as I wanted to be because one thing I havn't done in football is to stop learning the game and listening for the shouts that are needed. Great win The Rams and making it something of a contest early on to Droylsden . :evil:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by The Devils Guard.

Droylsden FC 2 weeks 1 day ago #12156

• Centurion
  • Thank you received: 1
Another solid performance and a great 3 points. Sometimes, teams have to win ugly and dig in to get a result and we certainly did that. The windy conditions were not really conducive to free-flowing football and coupled with an over-zealous referee who was a bit too keen to dish out yellow cards meant the lads had to work hard for their win. Hope the injury to Jamie is just a minor 'tweak' and coming off immediately will have limited any real damage. We need a full squad fit and available if we are to keep up our challenge and with 3 home games coming up on the spin, we have a great chance to open up some daylight between us and the chasing pack. Well done boys!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Centurion.
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds