Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MARINE -vs- THE RAMS

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 1 month 1 day ago #12238

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 86
Coming up very soonish as this coming Saturday . A B-I-G-G-Y .
Will need to keep a beady eye on their Captain and top scorer Mr Niall Cummins . We've met him before I think at Curzon Ashton ?
Should be a 400+ gate , and might even top the 500 mark . Will be a lot of interest in this game with plenty neutrals also attending . Bring it on I say - a real 6 pointer .

COYR
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by Hackers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 4 weeks 1 day ago #12240

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Workington now 10 points clear at top after beating Mossley 2 - 0 last night , but now The Rams three games in hand on them . Pleased to see Marske beat Ponte Coll's 3 - 0 last night and that defeat will take some wind out of Ponte's sails . God knows what weather will be thrown at Greater Merseyside this week , but will be well pissed off if this game is a non-runner , as has all the hallmarks of being a classic encounter .

COYR

LATE EXTRA
Bet Victor Fixtures tonight Thursday 12th .

Marske away @ Dunston FC

Droylsden away @ Ponte Coll's

That's a tall order asking some teams like Marske and Ponte to play 4 games in 8 days to play catch-up on games in hand ! !
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Hackers.

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 3 weeks 5 days ago #12241

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
This game was always going to be a ' hot ticket event ' and now with the ' suspension ' of English Football League Tiers 1 to 4 , to prevent the spread of Coronavirus , our game will take on additional interest especially from fans that support Liverpool FC , Everton FC , and not least Tranmere Rovers FC . Seems to me with Merseyside in general being such a ' football hotbed ' like Tyneside and Wearside , and such
that their lads and lassies will still want their football fix , so our game has the potential to be massively attended .

Suggest Rammy fans get there very early doors as parking ain't great to begin with , unless they have there own car park at the Ground and one that I'm just unaware of ?

All this with the Guest Appearance of Speedo Mick - what's not to like :woohoo: :woohoo:

See you on the M57 .

COYR

Hackers
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Hackers.

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 3 weeks 4 days ago #12242

• tanners croft
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Ow do and WOW,
What an amazing result.... especially as Workington are still rolling on.

Theres only one Jamie Rother... he`s better than Paul Pogba!! great win Rammy, all we can do is keep up the pressure and theres always a chance that place could be ours!

Uptheramsbottom... ewe rams...

Si thi
Tanners B)

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 3 weeks 4 days ago #12243

• Mottty
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
I write this halfway through an Otley Run (famous pub crawl for those who aren’t aware) so apologies if I don’t make much sense.

What a season defining win that is. Even sweeter to score so late on and delighted for Jamie Rother as he gives everything for the shirt and I know he’s struggled with injury lately.

Hearing that there was a big turnout of away supporters too which is excellent news. Hope they keep coming back as we push for promotion.

If we don’t believe now, we never will. We have now beaten two of the top sides in the division. The turn around from October has been first class, and we need to get behind the boys in the 10 cup finals we have left!!

Believe, this can be our season!!!

Hopefully see you all Tuesday for another massive game!!

Up the Rams!!!

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 3 weeks 4 days ago #12244

• The Devils Guard
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
:evil: A great game for a neutral for us Rams never mind the virus heart attacks were more the case for us lot. And there was us 'lot' a game that went end to end and nearly in but know the second half was a 'passionate' affair' both sides wanted it getting late on Marine would have been happy with a draw but that wasn't good enough for The Rams. Eddie on the right wing ball over and our Jamie made it 0 - 1 , my man of the match our keeper Tom Stewart he pulled some great saves an stopped some lethal strikes, its a position that nobody seems to see but Tom you'll do for me. But all our team put their heart , soul and everything else on the line just pure magic U RAMS :evil: .

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 3 weeks 4 days ago #12245

• Hackers
  • Platinum Member
Yep , a sterling performance from the Mighty Rams to win away at Marine . Thommo immense at the back and Tom Stewart immense in goal and what a performance Tom's was all with some killer saves thrown in .
Still hot on the tails of Workington .

COYR - and will wait for Government and NPL Rulings on social gatherings as a 500 crowd limit would have been exceeded yesterday - gate 667 and a whopping 3274 to see South Shields @ home to FCUM - wow !
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Hackers.

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 3 weeks 3 days ago #12246

• johnharryayers
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
What an excellent game of football and a credit to the "non-league" system.
Of course, the "icing on the cake" was Janie's late, late winner; that rounded-off another excellent move and telling cross from "the dynamo" (steady Eddie).
I also thought Marine were excellent throughout and were probably unlucky not to score from the many set-piece crosses - particularly in the final quarter of the game
Their number 5 was solid in defence and a real threat up-front.
But take nothing away from "The Rams" performance - particularly as it came on the back of a lack-lustre one at Kendal last week.
Well done to all "The Lads".
COYR! COYR!! COYR!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobytrotter58

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 3 weeks 3 days ago #12247

• From the Darkside
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 245
A must win game yesterday and our players responded to it perfectly

Can fully understand why Marine are up at the top end of the table and were tough opponents, although felt we just about deserved the 3 points. They stopped our wide men from getting into the game and, as John says, the number 5 was immense for them. I'll go along with the general consensus that Tom Stuart and Thommo were our stand out performers, but the whole team showed that there is a real togetherness about this bunch of players.

Still in with a chance of catching Workington up thanks to a sublime move that ended in 'Super' Jamie Rothers late winner and led to some jubilant scenes from the impressive travelling Rams support

A shame that we might not be seeing much football for a few weeks now as I expect the NPL are going to suspend the league for the foreseeable future :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobytrotter58

MARINE -vs- THE RAMS 3 weeks 3 days ago #12248

• Tobytrotter58
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Not a classic, but an excellent game from two committed sides and a crowd of 667, which was worthy of this clash. Have to agree with Darkside that Marine would have been quite happy with a draw, but thankfully, super Jamie Rother popped up with the late winner. Two late goals at the death in our last two matches, shows the fighting spirit of this team. I think we possess the same spirit, if not better, of the Bern & Johnno days.

I hope sincerely I'm wrong, but you have to fear that it could well be our last match for a while, which would be a terrific shame after all the hard work put in general by everyone involved at the club. There's no easy fix with what is happening at present. We can only hope that at some point, clubs will be able to complete the fixture list.

COYR
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds